Duck Tape - From World War II to the Craft Store

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Rate duck tape producks (over all) 1 = really bad/10 = really good

No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
20%
No votes
No votes
20%
60%

Total votes: 5

Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Duck Tape - From World War II to the Craft Store

Post by Sunshine »

Duck tape used to come in only one color - grey - used for maintenance type things. Now, duck tape comes in colors, patterns, glow in the dark, and even sheets, which craft stores now carry. There are countless ducktivities that you can do with duck tape. The patterns on duck tape range from Hello Kitty, SpongeBob SquarePants, and Spiderman, to denim print, mustache print, tie dye, and even college sports logos! Duck tape sheets can be used to cut shapes and letters out, or sheets can be placed in the printer so that you can print of logos of your own. I haven't even mentioned the clear duck tape, double sided duck tape, extra wide duck tape, and the removable duck tape!

Is there anything Duck Brand duck tape doesn't have?! Duck tape has gone from helping the war efforts in World War II to being made into even things like prom dresses!

So what do you think about this? Do you use duck tape at all - for maintenance, crafts, or other things? Maybe all these duck tape producks seem absolutely ridiculous to you?
Sparrow
Processing

Post by Sparrow »

Sunshine wrote:Duck tape used to come in only one color - grey - used for maintenance type things. Now, duck tape comes in colors, patterns, glow in the dark...
I can attest to this. One of the rearview mirrors on one of our cars is currently attached with penguin duct tape. :p
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

A redneck's tool box needs only three things...

Duct Tape, WD-40, and a can of Beer.

;) :mrgreen: :P
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

True, though I wonder who thought of all those types...
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Pretty sure it's clear what I think of it (that's me btw). I don't have any pictures of it that I know of, but I actually got to get on stage in that thing.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

That would be Duct tape, Sunny ;)

I don't really use it that often, but my dad on the other hand, he uses it for everything. Sometimes he reminds me of Alex Jeffersons grandpa :P We have at least 5 or 6 different colored rolls laying around the house but I don't think ive ever used most of them...
'
I have a friend who asked for Duct Tape for Christmas though, and she got some with smilie faces, hearts, butterflies and I think stripes. I had no idea it came in that many designs.
Jonathan wrote:Image

Pretty sure it's clear what I think of it (that's me btw). I don't have any pictures of it that I know of, but I actually got to get on stage in that thing.
wow. Kudos to Kristi, I don't think I would go anywhere with a guy in a duct tape suit.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Jesus' Princess wrote:That would be Duct tape, Sunny ;)
Duck Brand Duct Tape is one of the leading distributors of Duct Tape, FYI. :)
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Jesus' Princess wrote:wow. Kudos to Kristi, I don't think I would go anywhere with a guy in a duct tape suit.
Actually she didn't--I had considered wearing that to where we were going, but level minds prevailed and I actually wore a suit. Afterwards at a friends house I quickly changed for a few pics with it.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

As soon as I saw you'd posted in this topic I knew you had to have posted that epic picture. That's pretty old by now...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Sparrow wrote:
Sunshine wrote:Duck tape used to come in only one color - grey - used for maintenance type things. Now, duck tape comes in colors, patterns, glow in the dark...
I can attest to this. One of the rearview mirrors on one of our cars is currently attached with penguin duct tape. :p
Well, you know what I meant. ;)
Jonathan wrote:
Wow... that's a lot of duck tape! Very nice job making it, Jonathon. \:D/
Jesus' Princess wrote:That would be Duct tape, Sunny ;)
Well, the general name is duct tape, but Duck Brand has adapted it, and calls it Duck tape. And since I was referring to Duck Brand's Tape, I, therefore, called it Duck tape. ;)
DanP740 wrote:As soon as I saw you'd posted in this topic I knew you had to have posted that epic picture. That's pretty old by now...
Did you just say that Jonathan is getting old?! ;)
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Jonathan wrote:Image

I must know, did you simply cover a suit in duct tape, or did you make it from scratch?

Or did you not even make it yourself? ;)
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Speaking of duct tape clothing, my Stryper pants:
Which are just duct tape on a pair of light athletic pants.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.