It’s Friday, Friday! Or is it?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Termite wrote:
bookworm wrote:First, since when is ‘you’re plastic’ a compliment?
Actually, he says 'you're classic'. :-
Oh, good. That’s not much better though.

Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Her new song called "My Moment"
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Interestingly, the label for that one is RB Friday, Inc. I wonder who that actually is.

Meanwhile, I found the best Friday parody.

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

That guy is my new favorite person.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

:lol: Okay, that was amazing. Thanks for sharing the video, bookworm. Han Solo could have been a tad more Han Solo-esque, but hey, you can't have everything in life. ;)
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

haha, agree with Catspaw...I didn't recognize him as Han...but otherwise it was hilarious!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

That video was awesome. I liked the banter between Boba Fett and Darth Vader at the end.
he/him | a little stinker.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

That...was extremely epic. :hilarious: Ioved it!

Till the end of the line.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I realized I left this topic hanging because at the time all that could be done was wait for things to be resolved, so I’ll put the loose ends to rest now finally.

After a very sad period of not having a video to celebrate the start of the weekend with, this message appeared on Rebecca’s channel:

On September 16, exactly three months after it was taken down, Friday made its much anticipated return to YouTube, reuploaded to Rebecca’s official channel where it belongs.

With the conflict now resolved, details began getting filled in.
The idea that Rebecca had pulled the video because of all the negativity was revealed to be completely false. In fact, it’s now known that back when Friday was originally released and first started getting the intense backlash Ark themselves offered to remove it for her. She refused, saying she would not give in to the haters. When it finally did come down, it was done solely as part of a dispute with Ark over the usage and rights.
As mentioned previously in this thread, the controversy began when allegations were made on Rebecca’s behalf against Ark Music which accused them of violating the terms of their agreement by withholding the Friday master recordings, claiming Rebecca was exclusively signed to their label, and exploiting the song through selling a Friday ringtone without permission.
Although the individuals at Ark denied these claims and assured Rebecca she would get the recordings and was not an exclusive artist, their lawyer insisted that Ark owned the copyright to the Friday song. Ark then made the video a $2.99 rental, and that was what finally prompted Rebecca to file a complaint with YouTube and have it removed until things were resolved. Ark released a statement saying they were “blindsided” by the take down notice since they believed they were in “good faith negotiations” about the dispute.
It’s unknown exactly how the situation was resolved, but things were obviously settled in Rebecca’s favor as Ark’s copy of the video remains down and the reupload took place on her personal channel. Despite that though, Ark’s channel still holds their official remix of the song, though it is now a private video, and the iTunes sales of Friday are still reportedly split between the two parties.

(Reupload to an unofficial channel.)
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I don't think anyone cares anymore. :(

Internet stardom, man. It's fleeting.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I still listen to Friday all the time. \:D/
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I've never seen it, and bookworm is going to post after me and tell me that I have to see it. >_>
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Everyone has to see it! :mad:
You will either love it or hate it, you cannot have no opinion.
Woody

Post by Woody »

*thinks he is going to hate it*
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I wouldn’t be surprised. It’s so bad that your immediate reaction is hate. But if you give it time, you may change your mind. I did! When I first saw it I thought it was the absolute worst thing ever, but now it’s honestly one of my favorite songs! \:D/
Woody

Post by Woody »

Hmm...

I've thought JB was the worst thing ever since I first heard his squeaky little voice. I still think that. >_>
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This is a different kind of bad though. It’s not just the singing, the whole production is just completely, thoroughly, terrible. The video, the lyrics, everything.
Woody

Post by Woody »

You're really making me want to see this...

*eye roll*
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

It is not! It's Tuesday!
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

But yesterday was Tuesday too...
(don't mind me, just making random TV show references no one will understand.)

Anyway, I think this song and its popularity has been replaced by songs like Gangnam Style
Last edited by Shennifer on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Till the end of the line.