Justin Bieber’s new haircut

and other JB related news

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Weekly Bieber Bulletin:

Jelena drama is back on! New reports have come forward from, you guessed it, more anonymous ‘sources’ who now claim that the alleged back on couple are allegedly off again. Apparently, Selena was very upset that Justin played ping pong with Nick Jonas, her ex-boyfriend. The day after that incident, the couple reportedly had another fight, possibly about that, and the next day Selena didn’t show up at Justin’s concert, fueling rebreakup rumors. According to the ‘source’ Selena is never going to Justin’s concerts again, and told him it’s really over this time. Through all this, there still has not been official confirmation from either Justin or Selena that they actually did originally break up, that they did get back together, or that they have now broken up again. Who knows what’s really going on.

Justin’s dancers’ flight got cancelled, so they danced in the airport instead.

Justin seems to be wanting to get into comedy. ABC wants Justin to be executive producer of a sitcom based on his life, and he may be getting a part in a new comedy movie.

You may remember that during the Olympics Justin sent swimmer Missy Franklin a bunch of stuff because he heard she was a fan. Well, apparently that was viewed as ‘special treatment’ and jeopardized her amateur status. She had to send it all back.
I saw a featurette on Missy during the Games that mentioned how careful she has been to remain an amateur, even at the expense of turning down very generous promotions and offers, because she wants to continue representing her school as long as she can. Knowing how important that is to her, I’m not surprised she did this to retain that, but it seems really unnecessary to me. This wasn’t an endorsement by Justin, it was just a nice gift. He didn’t send it to her because she was a swimmer, he sent it because she was a fan. I don’t understand why it caused a problem.

Simon Cowell agrees with Justin’s manager that the Grammy snub was outrageous, but Justin himself says that he’s not upset about it, he just wants his fans’ love.

Justin posted some edited photos of the Marquez/Pacquiao fight that some Filipinos have called offensive. It has led to an effort to ban Justin from the Philippines and stop their youth from listening to his music.

Tickets for Justin’s Believe tour in South Africa sold out in one day.

Justin threw a water bottle at some paparazzi.

Featured JB tweet:
@justinbieber wrote:#BELIEVE and #UNDERtheMISTLETOE make great gifts. #hint :)
7:53 PM - 2 Dec 12

The Bieber News Network is made possible by Viewers Like You.
BNN is not responsible for third party content.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Anything else?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Weekly Bieber Bulletin:

Can you guess what our lead story is? That’s right, more Jelena. The couple is apparently back together again, again. If the ‘sources’ in the last bulletin were correct about the rebreakup then this would be a re-reunion; and if they were wrong then this is a continued reconciliation from the first reunion. Or, it’s still possible they were never broken up in the first place. Seriously, how long can this go on before some official clarification is given?
Anyway, the newest indications are that Justin and Selena are friendly again. They went on a double date with Taylor Swift and her boyfriend, and were seen kissing again. Meanwhile, another alleged ‘source’ claims they are attending couples counseling to work through things, but the truth of that claim is disputed. Though the two spent Christmas apart, they were together for New Year’s Eve. They went to Mexico together and both tweeted 2013 greetings to their fans.

Justin was scheduled to appear on Ellen the day of the tragic Sandy Hook shooting. When coverage of the school preempted the show, many upset Beliebers took to Twitter in an insensitive storm of complaints.

Justin gave PAC, the tour hamster he got a few months ago, away to a random fan during an autograph session after a show. This has drawn outrage from the California Hamster Association which has accused him of animal cruelty because of the shock the change of environment can cause the fragile creatures.

Just made Forbes’ 30 under 30 list of the “brightest stars” of 2012.

Justin posted a photo of another private jet he either has or used.

Justin was the most retweeted celebrity of 2012 and made the second most popular tweet of 2012.

The person behind the prank call that brought a SWAT team to Justin’s house has been caught. It turned out to be a 12 year old boy.

Justin has gotten yet another tattoo. This time he put praying hands on his leg. This brings the tattoo total to nine.

Featured JB tweet:
@justinbieber wrote:haterz gonna hate. cant stop this smile.
8:25 PM - 4 Dec 12

Woody

Post by Woody »

That second story is just wrong. People were upset about the school shooting just because it made it so they couldn't watch Justin Bieber on some TV show?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Common I really should have a poll on whether Justin will break up. And who ever heard of COUPLES COUNSELING.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

They broke up for good around New Year's. Justin has now confirmed it with this song off his new acoustic album:

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Weekly Bieber Bulletin:

Jelena again...
Reports say the couple had a major fight while spending New Year’s Eve together and have broken up again. Selena made a tweet expressing desire for new beginnings for the new year, seemingly indicating that this time it’s final. That makes this what, the third breakup? Fourth? I don’t even know anymore. All this back and forth seems to have confused Selena just as much as the people trying to get the stories straight, it appears she now talks to trees. There is still no official statement on either side on things, but Justin made what some take to be a confirmation by retweeting a fan who mentioned the breakup. He isn’t rumored to be taking it well though, as a ‘source’ says he’s calling Selena a hundred times a day.

Justin was indirectly involved in the death of a paparazzi. He let a friend borrow his car and it was pulled over by police. A photographer, thinking it was Justin, tried to get some pictures. The police told him to leave but he refused, and was hit by a car. Justin issued a statement expressing sadness over the event. Some people are apparently trying to blame Justin somehow, causing Miley Cyrus to come to his defense. The incident has led to calls for laws against this kind of behavior by paparazzi. Interestingly, until just recently there already were. Remember that a few months ago a judge overturned a paparazzi law Justin was using as basis for a case against another photographer. Charlie Sheen helped pay for the funeral.

Photos emerged that reportedly show Justin smoking pot at a party with rapper Lil Twist, who happens to be the one that was driving his car in the previously mentioned paparazzi death incident. Justin tweeted an apparent apology to fans, but didn’t admit it was marijuana. Justin’s team is angry over the photo leak, claiming that any photos taken of Justin belong to him, not to the person that took them. An unconfirmed report claims that this is not a new thing, but Justin smokes pot all day. In response to this, a fake internet campaign started circulating similar to a few months ago. But this one was more troubling. Instead of asking fans to shave their heads, this one encouraged them to start cutting themselves to get Justin to stop smoking pot.

A seven year old Belieber had tickets for Justin’s concert but couldn’t go because she was hospitalized for a leukemia relapse, so he went to her. Before leaving he kissed her on the cheek, causing her to say her mom is “never going to wash my face again.”

Justin has already gotten another tattoo, bringing the total to ten. This one is on the back of his shoulder and features a Native American with a headdress, resembling the logo of the Stratford Culliton hockey team. Justin says it’s a tribute to his grandfather who took him to games.

After having to send back all that stuff Justin gave her, Missy Franklin finally got her Bieber moment by meeting him at a concert. Then, true to form, she went swimming.

Featured JB tweet:
@justinbieber wrote:This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have
loved you. - John 15:12
4:38 PM - 16 Dec 12

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Bieber is the guest star/musical act on SNL tonight. \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Weekly Bieber Bulletin:

Jelena yet again. Not more back and forth, they are still reportedly broken up, but some new details have surfaced.
A ‘source’ claims Justin was too needy and that’s what caused the split. Justin came the closest he has so far in officially addressing the alleged breakup by saying his new song would “let U know how I feel about what is going on in my life instead of rumors guessing”. The song apparently turned out to be Nothing Like Us which tells the story of a breakup, but the details don’t seem to match. In the song he is the one breaking up and she is the one wanting to stay together. Everything about the Jelena breakup has indicated that it was just the opposite. So nice try, but a more direct address is needed to really get answers here. Justin’s mom expressed fondness for Selena in an interview and seemed to hope they get back together.

Can you say déjà vu? We just had a two part story where rapper Lil Twist and Justin smoked pot and then Justin lent Twist his car and it was pulled over.
Now there are apparently photos of a second pot incident, this time of Justin smoking with rapper Lil Za. Then he lent Za his car and it was pulled over again.
There are also reports that either at this same party, or possibly another one, Justin may have also drank ‘sizzurp’.

Justin is involved in another sex scandal. Like the Yeater one, no links will be used in reporting on it because they are unnecessarily detailed.
This could be referring to a third marijuana incident, or it may have been the same night as the first one as it also involves Lil Twist. Allegedly, Justin was partying with the rapper and a young lady. After smoking pot and drinking ‘sizzurp’ the woman claims she and Justin became intimate. If this story is true, it’s said that Selena may have known what happened and that was what started the breakup.

Justin’s former bodyguard is suing him, saying Justin beat him up. He wants damages for assault, and unpaid back wages.

Justin is being charged with assault by a worker at his performance in Ottawa. He was playing with his brother and sister and apparently shot the worker with a nerf gun.

We’ve had Bald4Bieber, and then Cut4Bieber, and now there’s a new internet campaign going around encouraging people to ‘Go Vegan for Bieber’ to get him to change his diet. The strange thing about it is, Justin has already tried to go vegan a few months ago. He took it up at the encouragement of his friend Usher, but immediately quit. It reportedly made him “a brat”.

The hearing loss lawsuit is over, the case has been dropped. Not because it was thrown out though, as I would have thought, but because the mom dismissed it. Apparently she didn’t have a lawyer and couldn’t pursue it alone. If that was all there was to it though then I don’t see how it took seven months to drop it. I think she probably had a lawyer at first, then they left the case when they saw how ridiculous it was.

Justin finally did it, he passed Lady Gaga to become the most followed person on Twitter.

Justin is the top Canadian artist touring North America.

Justin posted a photo of his bare backside (note that the link contains the photo, but it’s censored), but then deleted it.

A woman has accused Justin of being very rude to her at a gym. Justin’s people claim that the incident did happen, sort of, but his remarks were misunderstood.

Justin bashed some people at his hotel for being rude to him.

Justin got muddy on an ATV.

Featured JB tweet:
@justinbieber wrote:WE did it! #HISTORY - thank u. #BELIEVEacoustic is the #1
selling album in the WORLD and OUR fifth #1! First time ever! OUR
ALBUMS! thank u
6:22 a.m. - Feb 6, 2013

Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

>_> I've never understood the JB craze... I almost feel sorry for him, turning into what he has. I've already heard about him running from the law and hiding as long as he can. Once upon a time, I think he was pretty firm in his beliefs... But, fame is a dark path sometimes, and it can turn a lot of heads. I think it's just how that life is, I'm not sure...
merp.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Hm. Justin seemed so "innocent", if you will, when Baby came out, now he's just like other pop artists. Breaks my heart, just 1/10 of a millimeter.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

We are finally caught back up!
:thud:
I’m really sorry about that, and I’ll do my best not to let it happen again. Not just because I don’t want to deprive you of the news, but because I never want to have to go through all that makeup work again. Of course it would just so happen that the one time I’ve fallen behind coincides with the single most active Bieber news cycle in like ever.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Yay! We're caught up! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Weekly Bieber Bulletin:

Will it ever end?! Jelena leads off our news yet again, with reports that they may be back together again, again, again! Selena apparently slept over at Justin’s, so it seems they are at least back on speaking terms. A few days before Justin finally gave a more or less straight answer about their relationship when he said the rumors about him trying to chase Selena down are “all fake stories” but it’s still not clear if he means fake because they’re not broken up and so he’s not doing that, or fake because they are broken up but he doesn’t want back together. I’m starting to think we may never know the real story here...

While Justin was out shopping, a man took a picture of him. He claims Justin’s bodyguard then threatened to harm him if he didn’t delete the photo. He reported the incident to police and they are investigating. Sounds like Justin’s team is going really gung ho on the newly announced policy concerning photos. I still think that’s just silly, but even if it does hold up for private parties it surely can’t apply to this case, this was in a public place.

Justin announced to his fans that he would be holding a live stream to answer questions and play music. Perhaps not by coincidence, it was planned to take place at the same time as the Grammy Awards. He may have been more upset over being snubbed than he originally admitted. It didn’t go as planned though, with the extreme Belieber traffic causing technical difficulties. He finally had to abandon the whole thing. He posted an apology video and a new song to compensate.

Speaking of the Grammys, Justin wasn’t too happy about what Patrick Carney of Black Keys had to say about him after the awards. When asked if he thought Justin had been snubbed, he responded “Grammys are for music, not for money.” Justin tweeted a response saying he “should be slapped around”. The exchange sparked a Twitter war between the two.

It seems Christina Aguilera isn’t the only Voice judge Justin has friction with. Adam Levine reportedly had a confrontation with him after The Biebs tried to come on to his cousin.

Justin bought pizza for fans waiting in the cold to try to get tickets to his appearance on SNL.

On Late Night With Jimmy Fallon Justin said that Chuck Norris is his father and made out with a mannequin.

Justin’s manager announced plans to put future tours on in movie theaters to accommodate fans who don’t have much money.

Justin shared a video of a visit to a children’s hospital saying “this is what it is all about”.

A new book tells what happens when zombies attack one of Justin’s concerts.

Featured JB tweet:
@justinbieber wrote:we are a good time
8:48 p.m. - Feb 19, 2013

Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

This is crazy. Bieber and Black should get married end of story.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Today marks the two year anniversary of the creation of this thread and the start of what would develop into BNN! I can hardly believe it. I had no idea back then what I was beginning.
I can still remember that day. I went online to look some things up, and Justin’s haircut was absolutely everywhere. Even the news sites were going nuts over it! Clearly it was the biggest most important thing to ever happen in the history of ever. It was on every website in existence, expect this one. So I made this thread. It was originally a retaliation against the unsolicited imposition of Bieber into my life, and developed into something that necessitated constant Bieber in my life. Go figure.

To celebrate this milestone I’ve put together a list of what I consider the most memorable stories this thread has covered in the past year. From the funny to the serious to the bizarre, let’s revisit these Bieber moments together.

This is the Bieber News Network Year In Review:

March 1st, Justin celebrates his 18th birthday. Beliebers attempt to break the record for ‘most widespread social networking message within 24 hours’ by sending him birthday greetings on Facebook. After the stats were tallied they had succeeded by 112,453. Justin celebrated his birthday by going on Ellen and was given a new car and also a fan in a box.

Early March, an astronomer announced his desire to shoot Justin into space. Not to get rid of him though, just to boost interest in private space flight.

Mid March, a high school student invited Justin to his prom. Not as his date, just as a guest because he thought it was important that Justin experience being a normal teenager. Justin didn’t accept the invitation, but the kid brought him anyway. A cutout of him that is.

Mid March, an internet hoax reported Justin was dead.

Mid March, Justin signed Carly Rae Jepsen to his new record label.

Late March, Justin got slimed after winning Favorite Male Singer at the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards. Here’s the video!

Late March, in a Twitter joke gone wrong, Justin posted the message “Call me right now” with a phone number that was missing the last digit. This of course caused his followers to dial every possible combination. They never reached Justin, but the owners of two of the numbers reported receiving up to a thousand calls a day. They requested compensation from Justin for the prank, one in the form of concert tickets and the other by a product endorsement. There was never word on whether Justin did give them anything.

Late March, Justin went house hunting. After considering a mortgage and negotiating the price he finalized the purchase. The property is a gated community for 21 or older so he hasn’t moved in yet. See pictures here.

Mid April, Justin’s appearance on The Voice caused a ratings war with Selena’s appearance on DWTS. Justin ended up winning. While on the show Justin made a mysterious remark that was apparently about a possible collaboration, released a new Boyfriend preview and was compared to Elvis. But the big story that came out of it was his apparent tension with Christina Aguilera. During the broadcast she seemed to give him a dirty look but claimed it wasn’t a big deal after receiving a lot of hype. People continued to make a stir about it though, so she had to deny it some more and then say nice things about him and even have some friends support her. When he returned to The Voice in May there were no problems.

Mid April, Justin randomly brought the Yeater baby scandal back into the public’s attention by tweeting about it.

Late April, a report out of Indonesia said Justin threw a “hissy fit” at a press event and complained about being in “some random country” where “they didn't know what they were doing.” They took offense at his “very condescending” tone and until he apologized “in a sweet manner” a radio station banned his music. Justin tweeted about the incident, but didn’t apologize he just thanked his fans and said it was just “lies and rumors” that he was offensive.

Early May, Justin graduated from high school but said he preferred the “school of life” and just did it because his mom wanted him to. He had a ceremony on Ellen.

Early May, Justin’s Boyfriend music video broke a record by getting 8 million views in the first 24 hours.

Early May, after a high school girl received no response to a letter she sent to Justin and then a fax she sent to his label asking him to be her prom date, she took a Justin cutout.

Late May, a photographer tried to get some shots of Justin and Selena and Justin reportedly roughed him up causing the man to call 911 for chest pain. After being released from the hospital he filed a complaint for Justin to be charged with misdemeanor battery. Justin was not questioned immediately because he went overseas but as police looked for witnesses some of the details came together. It seemed the photographer was likely at fault for the incident by blocking Justin’s car. Fans supported Justin saying he wouldn’t do such a thing unprovoked. Interestingly, just a few days before the incident Justin had taken boxing lessons from Mike Tyson. When the sheriff’s office completed their report they sent it to the district attorney to see if Justin would face charges. After Justin was finally reached it was ultimately decided that we wouldn’t be charged due to lack of evidence.

Late May, NBC announced they would air Justin’s first network special which would be “an all-access pass to his life over a 12-day period” as he promoted Believe. The special was later extended to two nights because NBC said “The worldwide hysteria surrounding Justin's album launch is unlike anything we've seen” and they wanted to make sure others saw it. When it finally aired, it was a shocking failure in the ratings, failing to draw even one full percent of its intended audience. The only program it came in ahead of was a rerun. NBC denied it was a bust though, claiming that because most of Justin’s fans are young they probably watched “a lot of different ways” that didn’t show up in the ratings. You can watch the two part special here.

Late May, Justin ran into a glass wall after a concert in Paris and passed out going down some stairs. He had a concussion and said he couldn’t move his eyebrow, though that part may have been a joke. You can see the video here.

May 30th, Oslo Norway was hit by a massive Belieber invasion. After seeing the frenzy caused when fans besieged his hotel and then mobbed his vehicle, Justin thought it would be a good idea to give a free concert. Of course that caused even more chaos. The city was completely overrun both by land and by sea. With the police vastly outnumbered and with no control they threatened to declare a state of emergency and cancel the performance. Justin turned to Twitter urging the fans to calm down and they did. The concert went on as scheduled. As details of the aftermath emerged it was reported over a dozen girls passed out and possibly up to 50 went to hospitals. There was also so much cell phone activity that it overloaded and slowed mobile service.

June 4th, Justin’s entire North American tour sold out in less than an hour. His two shows at Madison Square Garden sold out in only 30 seconds.

Early June, after seeing the chaos in Norway, Mexico officials were ready when Justin came there. He tweeted it would be crazy and they agreed, arranging for heightened security. 6,000 police officers, two helicopters, 500 portable toilets and four rings of barriers. The performance went without incident.

Early June, Justin announced the launch of a new perfume called Girlfriend. Justin gave a secret concert for the first 500 people that bought it, and during the show he blew the power out.

June 19th, Justin’s Believe album is released. He once again brings up the Yeater baby scandal by saying one of the songs is about it.

Mid June, Justin won UR Fave Artist at the Toronto MuchMusic Awards. After the ceremony one of the many girls that swarmed him grabbed the award. Thinking she was with the event and taking it away to keep it safe, he let her go. Someone who really was with the event saw her later and got it back. Justin felt bad and wanted to locate her so he could give her a replica of the award, but there was never word on if he was able to find her.

Mid June, Justin was given a hard time by David Letterman over his many tattoos. Dave tried to get him to promise not to get any more because he was starting to look like a mural in the Sistine Chapel. Justin replied that he wasn’t going for the “the Sixteenth Chapel look.” He may have just misspoke, but his apparent confusion about why the audience laughed suggests that he may really not have known what Dave was talking about.

Early July, Justin was cited for speeding after reportedly going over 100mph and weaving in and out of traffic. Before being pulled over Justin had called the police to report that paparazzi was chasing him, but he used a fake name. Justin filed a harassment claim against his pursuer who then claimed the law being used against him was unconstitutional. The judge in the case agreed with him saying it suppressed the media.

Mid July, a mom that took her daughter to one of Justin’s concerts in 2010 allegedly suffered hearing loss from the screaming girls and filed a suit against Justin, his label, and the promoter on grounds of negligence for failing to “maintain safe decibels at all times during their events.” The suit was for $9.2 million saying Justin “enticed the crowd” to be loud and the gondola he was suspended in “acted as a sound conductor, creating a sound blast that permanently damaged both of my ears.” Justin’s legal team urged the judge to throw the suit out saying he isn’t responsible for his fans. The mom eventually dropped the suit due to lack of a lawyer.

Mid July, only 350 of 30,000 people got tickets to a secret show Justin put on.

Late July, Justin heard Olympic swimmer Missy Franklin was a fan of his so he tweeted her congratulations on her medal and sent her a personal video. He also sent her a gift package full of all kinds of stuff, but she had to send it back because it apparently jeopardized her amateur status. She made up for it though by meeting him at a concert.

Early August, Justin gave two interviews with two magazines that offended two nationalities. He said Prince William should fix his bald spot which the British found rather rude, and he made a remark about Inuits getting free gas in Canada.

August 31st, Justin was pulled over, causing two paparazzi vehicles to crash into each other.

Early September, Justin got a crown tattooed on his chest.

Mid September, Justin was offered a contract with the Bakersfield Condors hockey team. The coach said he was impressed with Justin’s speed.

Mid September, Justin tweeted about being sick so Beliebers put get well notes on his vehicle.

Late September, One Direction broke the record Justin set in May for most views in 24 hours. In less than a month Justin would reclaim the record with his new video.

Late September, Justin tried to go vegan but it made him a brat.

Early October, Justin threw up onstage. Amazingly, if you watch the video here or here, it didn’t interrupt his singing.

October 9th, after a performance in Washington Justin tweeted that his laptop and camera were stolen. The thief created Twitter and YouTube accounts to leak the footage. After releasing a couple innocent videos they threatened to post something more shocking at noon on the 12th. An alleged nude photo was released, but Justin denied it was him and it was later proven to be a fake. On the 12th Justin admitted the whole thing was just a publicity stunt for the release of what actually ended up being posted: his new music video. The alleged photo had just been someone capitalizing on his hoax. The story was then changed though to claim that not everything was a hoax, the theft was real. Justin was the one leaking the videos though, so that caused confusion about how that could be planned without knowing the theft would occur. The authorities said there probably wouldn’t be much of an investigation, summing up how most people felt about the hoax: “A lot of people got played.”

Early October, a SWAT team was called to Justin’s house as a prank. Two months later the culprit was caught and turned out to be a 12 year old boy.

Mid October, Justin almost fell down some stairs during a performance with Carly Rae Jepsen.

Late October, Justin got a tour hamster named PAC for fan meet and greets. In December he gave PAC away to a fan after a show. This upset the California Hamster Association which accused him of animal cruelty because a change in environment can shock the fragile creatures.

Late October, reports that Justin had cancer hit the internet, along with a campaign for Beliebers to shave their heads in support. The report and movement were both found to be fake.

Late October, Justin got an owl tattooed on his arm.

Mid November, news breaks that Justin and Selena have broken up. Even though a poll in April had found 75% of voters thought they would be together forever and producer Timbaland said in July they would get married, it seemed the 8th most powerful couple was done.
The initial story was that they broke up because of “crazy schedules” and “trust issues” and that it had been expected for a while. Then rumors emerged that Justin may have gone on a date with someone else and that caused the split. Justin didn’t confirm or deny it, saying he didn’t know what was going on, but then sang Cry Me a River which some took as proof. Reports then came that Justin thought he could get Selena back and they met in New York to discuss things and he reportedly begged for a second chance. Selena also neither confirmed nor denied the breakup when asked about it, just saying she was taking things “day by day.” Sources then claimed that Selena was ignoring Justin’s texts and blocking all contact from him. News then came that Justin had proposed before the breakup, but that story was disputed.
Justin then spent the night at Selena’s house and they spent the next day together. In the evening they went out to dinner but reportedly had a huge fight and Selena stormed out and drove home. Justin followed her but was locked out at the gate. A later report claimed that there was no fight and Justin was not locked out he was just delayed by a malfunction. Either way, Justin eventually got through the gate and apparently spent the night again. Justin then took his mom as his date to the AMAs, but met Selena afterwards and the two were seen acting friendly at the after party. When Selena went to the hospital to check her throat Justin was with her. Then reports came that said Selena was the one that wanted back together but Justin was hesitant.
Sources then claimed that Justin and Selena were back together again thanks to advice from Taylor Swift. They went to dinner again, and another source said the media had been exaggerating things. A source then claimed that Taylor Swift actually encouraged Selena to dump Justin, contradicting the previous one. Justin and Selena were seen out and about and looking like a couple.
Justin then played ping pong with Nick Jonas which reportedly upset Selena and reports claimed the two were broken up again after having another big fight. A source claimed Selena said it was really over this time, and she was never going to his concerts again. But then they went on a double date with Taylor Swift and were said to be together again. A source said they were going to couples counseling but that was disputed.
They went to Mexico together for New Year’s Eve. While there they reportedly had another major fight and broke up again, this time really for real. Selena made a tweet about new beginnings and then a humorous one about having someone to listen, seeming to indicate that she was just as worn down by all the rumors and back and forth as the people trying to follow it. Justin retweeted a fan who mentioned the breakup and some people took that as his way of confirming the news, since he and Selena still had not made any official statements. A source claimed Justin was taking the breakup hard and calling Selena a hundred times a day. Another source said the breakup was caused by Justin being too needy.
Justin finally made the first official address of the situation by tweeting that his upcoming song would “let U know how I feel about what is going on in my life instead of rumors guessing” which was an allusion to the song Nothing Like Us which is about a breakup. Justin’s mom expressed fondness for Selena in an interview and seemed to hope they got back together, but didn’t actually say they were apart being just as ambiguous as Justin and Selena. Justin finally gave the straightest answer yet by saying the rumors he was chasing Selena down were “all fake stories” but that still didn’t confirm whether any of the breakups or reunions had actually occurred or not because he didn’t explain why they were fake. They could be fake because they’re false, or fake because they’re incorrect. Reports then came that Justin and Selena were back together yet again after Selena spent the night at Justin’s.
And that’s where we are now. If all these events are true, that’s a cycle of three breakups and reunions, with Jelena currently together again. But with still no clear official word from either side on what has or hasn’t happened, it’s possible that one or more of these reunions weren’t as full as reported and they are still separated, but maybe still friends; and it’s also possible that none of this happened at all and was just reporters and alleged sources going overboard over mundane arguments that any couple has. It’s been one of the longest and most confusing stories covered here, and it’s probably not over yet.

Late November, Justin was awarded the Diamond Jubilee Medal which commemorates the 60th year of Queen Elizabeth II’s reign and recognizes “significant contributions and achievements by Canadians.” He received the award from Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper wearing overalls and a baseball cap which caused immediate outrage. Justin tweeted about it jokingly, attempting to play down the claims he was disrespectful. Harper also tried to alleviate the situation. When the criticism continued Justin attempted to explain his clothes by saying he didn’t have time to change. In what appeared to be a response to this incident, Justin was booed at his performance at Canada’s Grey Cup.

Late November, the Yeater baby scandal came back in the news once again. Justin gave more details about it in an interview with Oprah, and Yeater’s lawyer came back in public to say the case isn’t as closed as people thought it was, even though the suit is still dropped, because he reportedly never got the results of the DNA test Justin took.

Late November, although Justin was the most searched person on Bing last year, for 2012 he fell to number two.

Early December, Justin’s manager ranted on Twitter about Justin not getting any Grammy nominations. Both he and Justin’s fans slammed the board for snubbing him. Simon Cowell agreed that it was outrageous. Justin himself didn’t seem too upset about it though. Even though in September he had revealed that one of his big dreams is to win a Grammy, after being left out he said he just wants his fans’ love. He later announced he would be holding a live stream during the Grammy broadcast, some thought as an attempt to get revenge by stealing their ratings. It was a disaster though. So many people connected it crashed the site and wouldn’t let Justin in. He finally gave up and posted an apology video and a new song. After the Grammys Patrick Carney of the Black Keys was asked if he thought Justin had been snubbed. He responded “Grammys are for music, not for money.” which sparked a Twitter war with Justin saying he “should be slapped around” and then Carney changing his profile.

Early December, the biggest Bieber story possibly ever broke. Justin was one of the targets of a bizarre murder plot. A man serving a 978 year prison sentence for rape and murder, who happens to have a tattoo of Justin on his leg, conspired with another inmate who when released then also recruited a relative to kill Justin, his bodyguard, and two other people. It was planned to take place after a performance at Madison Square Garden, but was thwarted when the original plotter decided to confess to police. The motivation for the plot is unclear. One story is that it was revenge for Justin not returning the man’s attempts to contact him, and the other is that the men just wanted attention and chose Justin because of the media coverage it would bring.

Early December, as Twitter statistics for the year rolled out, Justin was the most retweeted celebrity of 2012 and made the second most popular tweet of 2012.

Late December, Justin got praying hands tattooed on his leg.

January 1st, Justin let rapper Lil Twist borrow his car, and it was pulled over. A photographer thought it was Justin and tried to get some pictures. He ignored orders from the police to leave and was hit by a car and died. Even thought Justin was not involved some people blamed him, causing Miley Cyrus to tweet in his defense. Justin made a statement expressing sadness over the incident and Charlie Sheen helped pay for the funeral.

Early January, a number of stories emerge reporting that Justin is smoking marijuana. It started with a leaked photograph that appeared to show Justin smoking pot with rapper Lil Twist. Justin tweeted an apology but didn’t actually admit that’s what it was. Justin’s team was angry about the leak, claming that any photos taken of Justin at parties belong to Justin. An unconfirmed report claimed that this was not an isolated incident, but Justin smokes pot every day. In response to this a fake internet campaign began circulating encouraging Beliebers to start cutting themselves to make Justin stop. Fortunately it doesn’t appear anyone took it seriously. Then came photos that seemed to show more pot smoking, this time with rapper Lil Za. There were also suspicions that Justin may have drank some ‘sizzurp’ as well. All this culminated with another sex scandal, which alleged that after a night of partying where Justin smoked pot and drank ‘sizzurp’ he became intimate with a young woman. Justin’s team has yet to respond to the claims.

Early January, a third internet campaign began circulating, this time a real one. It asked people to Go Vegan for Bieber.

Early January, Justin got a hockey team’s logo tattooed on his shoulder.

Early January, Justin’s former bodyguard accused him of beating him up. He sued for damages for assault and back wages.

January 21st, Justin finally passed Lady Gaga to become the most followed person on Twitter.

Late January, Justin was charged with assault by a woman he apparently shot with a nerf gun while playing with his siblings.

Early February, Justin’s bodyguard reportedly threatened to harm a man who took a photo of Justin while he was out shopping if he didn’t delete the picture.

And there it is, another year’s worth of Bieber! Wow. It’s been a crazy journey through the first year and now the second one. We’ve seen Justin continue to grow and change, and not always in a positive way. I would say he’s still not a lost cause, but he’s definitely been heading in the wrong direction.
I said after last year’s review that we would watch as his character and relationship both developed, and we certainly have. We’ve seen him display progressively edgier behavior, making it appear that if things don’t change he’ll likely become yet another young star that goes off the deep end. And as for his relationship, that was one of the biggest stories of the year. I don’t know if it’s a good or bad thing that he and Selena split, but it will be interesting to see what happens from here. If they did indeed split, as it’s still not completely clear.

Going into this third year of news I’m almost afraid to journey forward. I really don’t want to follow the decline of Justin’s character into a train wreck, if that’s where he’s heading. But I still hold out hope that he can come through and be a decent person, he just has to think about things and not let his life get crazy. In the coming news I would like to see stories about him getting back on the right track and returning to that wholesome image he once had. Whether that will be the case, only time will tell.

Previous Review: 2012
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Very nice, bookworm. I approve of your work.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Woody

Post by Woody »

I finally finished reading it! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

For the coming year I’d like it if we could return to how this used to be, with a news item sparking discussion as people reacted to it. I enjoyed that. But lately it’s become pretty low on interaction which isn’t much fun and isn’t the real purpose of this thread. :)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

. .bookworm, you could also respond then :- Because even if people do say something, oftentimes you just post the next news article :p
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer