Bookworm And Kings Daughter Beat-Down Fight Day 2013

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Bookworm And Kings Daughter Beat-Down Fight Day 2013

Post by bookworm »

Last year, The Kings Daughter and I unintentionally observed what would later become a ToO holiday. This year will be the first time it is officially and intentionally celebrated.

Thursday, March 7th, is Bookworm And Kings Daughter Beat-Down Fight Day or BAKDBDFD (pronounced ‘backed-buh-duh-fuh-duh’)!

Mark your calendars, you won’t want to miss it! It will be a day of festivities, fun, and of course, fighting! Friendly fighting that is. The main event will be a special all day debate between TKD and myself. Knight Fisher will be acting as our moderator and you get to choose the topic! Submit your suggestions by pming Knight Fisher by 7 PM on the 6th.

Please do not just submit a topic you want us to debate, submit a statement about that topic that has two clearly opposing sides.
For example, submit 'Pudding is better than Jello' instead of just 'pudding' or submit 'The death penalty is a good idea' instead of just 'capital punishment'.

The subjects can be silly or serious, whatever you want. The only* requirement is that they be debatable.
KF will take your suggestions and compile a list, and on March 7th TKD and I will debate them!**

This is going to be a fun event for everyone, you the audience and us the debaters, because the content will all be genuinely spontaneous. The topics will be kept secret so TKD and I won’t know what we’re debating until it’s time to start, and for each subject KF will flip a coin to determine which side we take.

I’m really excited about this and I hope you are too, so get your topic suggestion in and then come back on Thursday to celebrate!

* Submission of a debate subject does not guarantee its inclusion in the debate. The submissions will be screened by the moderator and final approval will be at their discretion.

** Either party in the debate reserves the right to decline to debate a subject should they so choose. This right is not intended to be invoked in an effort to get out of a difficult debate, only to provide a means to avoid an uncomfortable situation due to personal reasons, should the case arise. It will most likely not be needed or used, but must be available.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I sent in a topic! \:D/
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Keep sending in the Topics people. The more the merrier. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Knight Fisher wrote:Keep sending in the Topics people. The more the merrier. \:D/
Actually, the more debate, the less...oh nevermind.::)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Oh, this is going to be very entertaining. I cannot wait!
Woody

Post by Woody »

Is this in the chatroom, or on the main board? If it's in the chatroom, what time is it at?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

It will take place on the board.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I read through the bookworm's post and thought, "Uhh, you can't just start your own ToO holiday." >_>

And then I realized I started it. :anxious: IT'S OFFICIAL, THEN.

Knight Fisher, I assume you'll be bringing Lutheran pot luck casserole again this year?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Woody

Post by Woody »

The start of this is referring to the debate of whether to donate to multiple teams during the 21st ToO Election, right?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Well of course AE. \:D/

Bring foods to share people.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Happy Bookworm And Kings Daughter Beat-Down Fight Day everyone! Let the celebration begin!

Before the main event, I have a very special announcement. Dan’s smiley construction crew, famous for their ToO Birthday Projects, has built a brand new venue to house our festivities! I am pleased to unveil and dedicate Unnamed Arena!

*exterior image unavailable*

It’s a wonderful building, they did exceptional work as always. Inside, rows of bleachers overlook a boxing ring. Inside the ring are two podiums. The perfect setting for a grand fight/debate.

In just a few moments this venue will host its inaugural event, a special all day debate between bookworm and The Kings Daughter over topics chosen by citizens of the ToO and moderated by Knight Fisher. Please get your tickets punched and find a seat.

Here is the floor plan so you can orient yourselves:

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

*walks in and waves his pass to security*

*stops by the vendors and gets some popcorn* Oooh, nice Jumbotron. *goes to his chair*
Woody

Post by Woody »

*buys some Arizona Raspberry Iced Tea*

*takes the closest possible seat to the fighting*
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

*Buys ticket, gets it punched, and finds a front row seat*

*Pulls yarn and needles out of bag, and begins to knit as others come to find their seats*
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Ladies and gentlemen, please silence your cell phones and turn your attention to the stage. The main event is about to begin!

*TKD takes one podium and I take the other. KF takes his position at the moderator table.*

Debate Procedure:
  • The moderator will announce the current topic and who will take which side.
  • The debater supporting the topic will post their argument first.
  • The other debater will then post their argument, as well as any counterpoints to the first argument.
  • The first debater will post defenses of their points and counterpoints for their opponent.
  • The debate will continue until one or more of the following conditions has been met:
    • The moderator determines that a clear winner has emerged. (After a minimum of three posts has been made by each debater, providing sufficient opportunity to defend their side.)
    • The moderator determines that the debate has reached a deadlock.
    • One of the debaters concedes the topic. (The entire topic; not to be confused with conceding a particular point about the topic.)
  • The moderator will then announce the next topic in the same manner as before.
  • The debate will continue in the same manner as before.

TKD and I will do our best to be online as often as we can throughout the day to keep this moving, but we can’t be certain about how often that will be, so we will just have to see how this works out. We may extend this if we can’t get enough done today.
Woody

Post by Woody »

*does not have a cell phone to silence*
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Alright. Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the:

2013 Bookworm And Kings Daughter Beat-Down Fight Day Debate! \:D/

Feel free to post your views on the issues, and the debate itself as this takes place. The first topic:
Joining a gang should be a requirement for each graduating senior in the United States.
TKD is supporting.

*flips spot light onto TKD*
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

*runs in and gets a seat next to Sunny* "Sorry i'm late." I whisper to Sunny, "I had to get tickets and I had to get some food so I ran to the nearest McDonald's, but then got in a picture with Ronald McDonald." *I pull out sodas, popcorn and a Happy Meal :) * "So......... Did it just start or am I late?" *calms down*
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I'm what? Ouch, those are bright. Er, right. Sorry for the delay, gentlemen. ;)

Personal disclaimer, this will be the worst supporting text you've ever seen. But that's not the point of this event anyway. ^^ It's about disagreement. \:D/ ;P

Joining a gang should be mandatory for each graduating senior for several reasons. For one, if you leave for college, you always need to have a group of creative people you can stay in tough with. Joining a gang would provide not only something to test your strengths in any spare time, but will also give you a fighting spirit to not blend in with the world. Gangs have many things to grow you in skills. For example a common one, graffiti art, and a not so common but personal favorite, acting innocent. As a final observation, it will be a time filler. The last thing you want is your student to get stuck in some ga...er, that concludes it for me, I'm afraid.::)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

My initial response to the topic was that the type of gang is not specified, making this not really a debatable subject because it’s a matter or interpretation. One could classify any group gathering as a gang. With that definition a group of youth who do community service would be a gang, and it could easily be said that yes, joining that kind of gang should be a requirement. However since this topic was submitted with the intention of having two clear sides, thus being debatable, I will assume that we are referring to street gangs.

Under that assumption, I will make my base argument against the statement.
Joining a gang should not be a requirement for each graduating senior in the United States, or anywhere for that matter, because gangs are associated with many negative influences and incidents that young adults do not need to be involved with when starting to try and find their place in the world.

I will defer the initiation of counterpoints to my opponent.