STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

It doesn't show on the website. :-k
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

What website? :anxious:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

awesome!!
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

Termite wrote:What website? :anxious:

The Star-wars website.
Taps

Post by Taps »

like cartoonnetwork.com
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Yeah. Go to that one and link to the Star Wars page. (there should be a picture of Yoda on the bar at the top)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Taps

Post by Taps »

FREE EPISODES!
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

*thread merged*

I know there are a few fellow fans of this show on this board, and any of you who like Stars Wars should be watching this awesome show. It may be set during the time of the prequels but there is plenty in it for fans of the original trilogy as well. I have enjoyed episodes featuring a young Captain Wilhuff Tarkin, others showing how young Jedi find crystals and make their lighsabers, as well as other stories that explain and expand the stories of Star Wars. The show has also introduced some new characters such as Cad Bane, one of the coolest and best bounty hunters since Boba Fett. He is played by an actor many of us will be familiar with: Corey Burton (aka Shakespeare and Cryin' Bryan Dern).
So to get the conversation going: Does anyone else enjoy this show? Do you have a favorite episode or story arc?
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I willingly, nerd-ily admit to watching this show. \:D/ (I just can't believe it's on the fifth season already; I was sixteen when the first episode aired. O.o )

Some of the episodes are very silly, but I love it anyway. \:D/ I have to say, though, some of the story arcs have been pretty deep for a kid's show, like these last few in the most recent series, which just happen to be some of my favorites. I have also enjoyed the arcs with the Sith Lords and the Overlords.

Confession: I ship Anakin and Ahsoka. Just thought I'd get that out in the open. :-
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot

Aeva wrote:(I just can't believe it's on the fifth season already; I was sixteen when the first episode aired. O.o )
Sadly I didn't even get into the show until about halfway through the third season. Needless to say it didn't take me long to catch up ;)
Aeva wrote:Some of the episodes are very silly, but I love it anyway. \:D/ I have to say, though, some of the story arcs have been pretty deep for a kid's show, like these last few in the most recent series, which just happen to be some of my favorites. I have also enjoyed the arcs with the Sith Lords and the Overlords.
There have been some hits and misses, but there have been some really great ones too. One of my favorite arcs (excluding the current one with Ahsoka) was the Obi-Wan undercover as a bounty hunter. There was so much great foreshadowing and I got the feeling that it was a trial run for what Palpatine did later in Episode III.
Aeva wrote:Confession: I ship Anakin and Ahsoka. Just thought I'd get that out in the open. :-
Sorry, If I was a shipper, I think I'm more of a Lux and Ahsoka. Of course after this past arc I wish we had more of Obi-Wan and Satine, but we know how that turned out :cry: Interesting to note though: if you watched the Google+ hangout with the actors (now on YouTube) Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka) said that the very first thing she told Matt Lanter (Anakin) when they first met in the studio was that "There is nothing romantic going on between us!"
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Aeva wrote:I just can't believe it's on the fifth season already
It's what? :shock: I had no idea there were that many! I haven't been able to get into the show yet because I don't get CN.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

In my opinion some of the seasons have actually been better than the original trilogy.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

@bookworm: I'm serious. \:D/ It's kind of amazing when I think about it, and some of the episodes have been truly excellent.

@KF: I would like your post, if we had a Like button. \:D/

Anyway, I'M DYING.

SERIOUSLY.

These last four episodes are some of the best, I think, although there have been so many good ones that I'm starting to lose count lol. I'm going to compile a list of my favorite episodes....

1) Geonosis (Season 2, episodes 27-30)
2) The Night Sisters (Season 3, episodes 56-58)
3) The Overlords (Season 3, episodes 59-61)
4) The lost Padawans (Season 3, episodes 65 and 66)
5) Pong Krell (Season 4, episodes 73-76)
6) Slavers (Season 4, episodes 77-79)
7) Rako Hardeen (Season 4, episodes 81-84)
8) Darth Maul (Season 4, episodes 87-88
9) More Sith Lords (Season 5, episodes 102-104)
10) Treason (Season 5, episodes 105-108)

See, I even chose a cute summary name for my favorite story arcs. \:D/
Last edited by Aeva on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

I demand more Mortis.

That place was weird, fascinating, and according to the DVD I watched, it drew on surprisingly fundamental concepts to the Star Wars universe as George Lucas envisioned it way, way back in the day. (There were commentaries on all sorts of other episodes, but nothing on Mortis, except for a little feature where they acknowledged, oh, yes, we bet you're curious about this one...)
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot

Caswin wrote:I demand more Mortis.

That place was weird, fascinating, and according to the DVD I watched, it drew on surprisingly fundamental concepts to the Star Wars universe as George Lucas envisioned it way, way back in the day. (There were commentaries on all sorts of other episodes, but nothing on Mortis, except for a little feature where they acknowledged, oh, yes, we bet you're curious about this one...)
I think part of what made that arc so good was that we don't really know what happened or how it worked.
Aeva wrote:These last four episodes are some of the best, I think, although there have been so many good ones that I'm starting to lose count lol. I'm going to compile a list of my favorite episodes....

1) Geonosis (Season 2, episodes 27-30)
2) The Night Sisters (Season 3, episodes 56-58)
3) The Overlords (Season 3, episodes 59-61)
4) The lost Padawans (Season 3, episodes 65 and 66)
5) Pong Krell (Season 4, episodes 73-76)
6) Slavers (Season 4, episodes 77-79)
7) Rako Hardeen (Season 4, episodes 81-84)
8) Darth Maul (Season 4, episodes 87-88
9) More Sith Lords (Season 5, episodes 102-104)
10) Treason (Season 5, episodes 105-108)

See, I even chose a cute summary name for my favorite story arcs. \:D/
I pretty much agree with all of these, except for maybe the geonisis stuff. I didn't really like the zombie bits and the queen was just weird. Personally, another of my favorite arcs are the Episodes 13-14 (Jedi Crash & Defenders of the Peace) I appreciate the thread of pacifism that comes up every once in a while. Of course this last arc with Ahsoka topped everything they have done so far, but that is a given for me.

Sadly, Lucasfilm just announced yesterday that they are winding down the series.
starwars.com wrote:After five highly successful and critically acclaimed seasons of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, we feel the time has come to wind down the series. While the studio is no longer producing new episodes for Cartoon Network, we're continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs that promise to be some of the most thrilling adventures ever seen. Stay tuned for more information on where fans can soon find this bonus content. In the video below, Supervising Director Dave Filoni offers a peek of what is to come in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

As we enter into an exciting new era focused on the next Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm has decided to pursue a new direction in animated programming. We are exploring a whole new Star Wars series set in a time period previously untouched in Star Wars films or television programming. You can expect more details in the months to come.
There will be no new episodes on Cartoon Network, though they do plan to release "bonus content" to wrap up the open storylines (though it seems that does not include Ahsoka :( ) I'm hoping this new series fills in the stories between Return of the Jedi and Episode VII
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

....They cannot just leave me hanging like this. :mad:
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Ahsoka was the best part of the show. >_>
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Blessed Cheesemaker wrote:I think part of what made that arc so good was that we don't really know what happened or how it worked.
Well, maybe. On the other hand, I think they said that they planned to go back to it, somehow, later.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

They better sort her out. :( That's no one to end a character's run in a show. That was worse than the last Teen Titans episode!
Last edited by Termite on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I just had a thought.... What if she hears about what's happening to the clones and comes back to try to help as the universe is unraveling, and then Anakin turns on her? We could have a tragic fight to the death on our hands, as she tries to stop him and obviously will have to fail. \:D/

On second thought, let's not. >_> I'd be an emotional wreck for days.
Last edited by Aeva on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.