Why is this happening?

No, I'm Serious. Why?

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

My plan is working. \:D/
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Our plan to use your plan to our advantage is also working. \:D/
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Wooton Z. Bassett
OK

Post by Wooton Z. Bassett »

Yes, I wish this enmity would stop. As JCGJ said, both forums can be immature at times. He also said that the reason most ToOers don't join the Soda Shop is because of the immaturity level. I wish you guys wouldn't look at us that way, we try not to be immature, and if one or two members are being immature, please don't judge the whole board, again, as JCGJ said, we can all be immature at times. But, gossip and mean things about both forums should stop. The other day, on the ToO chat, a couple of your members were talking about how the SS is a "little tween forum trying to sound all mature with their dumb, immature debates" I saw this and argued back, soon more people joined the argument. Then I was banned from the ToO chat, I believe I was wrongly banned because I was defending my side. The same day I got a PM from an admin from the Soda Shop saying he was banning me for waging war on the ToO, which I was not, the one thing I want is for everyone to get along! So I believe I was also unrightly banned from the SS. So, that example proves that gossiping about each other's forums is a bad thing that hurts people. I'm not saying the SS is innocent, I've seen a few of the members saying bad things about your forum. The reason we SSers don't join your forum much is because we thing the topics and posts are jumbled up and all the layout is complex and confusing. the reason you don't find it this was is because you've gotten used to it since you guys have been longer members, I'm starting to get used to it, and I now enjoy coming on the ToO. The reason you ToOers don't join the Soda Shop is because you think we are immature, but if you gave it a chance and joined, you'd probably really like it. Yes, there are a few very immature and annoying users (I won't mention names), but some people don't change. I hope that we accept each other and the war of the forums stops.
Last edited by Wooton Z. Bassett on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on the Soda Shop and Campbell County Message Boards.

Check out unofficialaioblog.blogspot.com/

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Dude, you're totally welcome on the ToO. We're all chill here. \:D/ I didn't know SS banned its members. o.O That seems like an overreaction.

The only people we ban around here are like, people who put annoying dragon egg hatchlings in their signatures. :x
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Wooton Z. Bassett wrote:The other day, on the ToO chat, a couple of your members were talking about how the SS is a "little tween forum trying to sound all mature with their dumb, immature debates" I saw this and argued back, soon more people joined the argument. Then I was banned from the ToO chat, I believe I was wrongly banned because I was defending my side. The same day I got a PM from an admin from the Soda Shop saying he was banning me for waging war on the ToO, which I was not, the one thing I want is for everyone to get along! So I believe I was also unrightly banned from the SS.
Do I need to pull out the logs to show what you were doing that night? There wasn't any argument that caused you to be banned, you were purposefully being annoying and spamming us and basically asking to be banned, along with your little friend there, and then your various problems on the SS also led to your short ban there.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
Wooton Z. Bassett
OK

Hey, I've been banned quite a few times for arguments that ToOers have started. You can't deny it. And I also wasn't spamming the other day.

Double post fixed. -snubs

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I see I'll have to go back into the logs to find all the circumstances of your various bans...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Wooton Z. Bassett
OK

No, I don't want to start another argument.

~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Wooton Z. Bassett wrote:No, I don't want to start another argument.
Actually, I think it would resolve the argument that's already been started.

I guess, it started when you got banned, and you continued it by posting on here, so I think the sensible thing to do would be to look at the logs (maybe you and Dan (and perhaps one other person, as a mediator) could do that privately, to avoid any further arguments that might ensue) to clear things up; we don't want anyone to have any grudges, so it may be best to clear it up. Just a suggestion.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wooton Z. Bassett
OK

No need to do that. I admit that I have misbehaved in the chatbox before. I've spammed, and just been plain annoying sometimes. But other times I have been unfairly banned for arguments that I didn't start.

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

We'll see about that.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Jimmy Barclay
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Jimmy Barclay »

Wooton Z. Bassett wrote:No need to do that. I admit that I have misbehaved in the chatbox before. I've spammed, and just been plain annoying sometimes. But other times I have been unfairly banned for arguments that I didn't start.
*Swallows a laugh* Seriously Noah? The problem with you is your cyclical "Feel really bad, apologize, forget, do it again, and again, and again''. Dude I've only been on SS for three weeks, and already it's easy to see that you don't back up your apology sob story's with any corrective action. If you want to convince us that you'll stop.........just simply STOP!!!!
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Wooton Z. Bassett wrote:No need to do that. I admit that I have misbehaved in the chatbox before. I've spammed, and just been plain annoying sometimes. But other times I have been unfairly banned for arguments that I didn't start.
I believe I'm making a legitimate and fair suggestion. This really is the best way to resolve this.

If you claim that this time (or other times), you were banned even when you didn't "misbehave," the only way to really know for sure would be to check the logs. However... If that really wasn't the case, and you're just trying to cover it up, I suggest you discuss this privately with Dan (or someone else), and see if you can clear things up.

I'm pretty sure Dan's going to check the logs, whether you want him to or not. So, if you wish to discuss the logs privately, I suggset you ask him before he posts them in this thread.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Wooton Z. Bassett wrote:The reason we SSers don't join your forum much is because we thing the topics and posts are jumbled up and all the layout is complex and confusing.
This again? >_>
At least this time you said the layout is confusing in your opinion instead of that it is, but as has been said before with any effort to figure it out it really should not remain confusing for long. It's not complex, it's large. There is a difference. Large can be overwhelming at first, but not confusing. It's broken up quite clearly.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I've visited other forums, and if you think this is confusing, you've seen nothing. Sure you might post in the wrong place, but still....as I've said about 50 times, I joined, and found really nothing confusing. It was my first board, so I made a few mistakes, but that comes with it being your first message board, not being confusing.
EDIT: I read the other posts in this topic, now. I didn't read them before. I haven't been here very long, and I got used to it practically a few days after I joined.
Last edited by Joy on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

And if you think this is big, the CC's index is huge...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Wooton Z. Bassett wrote:So I believe I was also unrightly banned from the SS.
If this particular incident was the only reason behind the ban, and you were indeed unjustly banned from the ToO chat, then yes, you would have been unrightly banned. This was not the case, however. Unless you don't object, I will keep from going further.
American Eagle wrote:I didn't know SS banned its members. o.O That seems like an overreaction.
Hardly. A short ban is quite effective, does no harm to the user, and keeps spam/inappropriate discussion from the board. It's not used causally or as a threat, and there is a quite simple method to keep from ever being banned.
American Eagle wrote:The only people we ban around here are like, people who put annoying dragon egg hatchlings in their signatures. :x
Yes! Ban them all! :x
bookworm wrote:
Wooton Z. Bassett wrote:The reason we SSers don't join your forum much is because we thing the topics and posts are jumbled up and all the layout is complex and confusing.
This again? >_>
At least this time you said the layout is confusing in your opinion instead of that it is, but as has been said before with any effort to figure it out it really should not remain confusing for long. It's not complex, it's large. There is a difference. Large can be overwhelming at first, but not confusing. It's broken up quite clearly.
This was not the overall message or intent of Wooton's post. His point was that either board has preferences and issues with the other board. He proceeded to say that he has started to enjoy his time here after getting used to the board layout, and suggested that members here could apply the same technique to the Soda Shop.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Jimmy Barclay
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Jimmy Barclay »

DanP740 wrote:And if you think this is big, the CC's index is huge...
That I'll agree with.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

As amusing as it is to see people refusing to let this gong show die, I'm surprised to see Dan and bookworm continuing to encourage it. I would have expected some of the more established ToOers to know better. Dan, the PM function is for situations exactly like this. Flaunting your chat room authority in a public thread is a mark of immaturity, and is not the proper way to handle a situation.

Wooton, buddy, the thread had been silent for like a week, there was no reason to revive it. ;) If you have personal vendettas or if you feel as though you've been treated unjustly, you are free to personally contact the administration privately.
Last edited by jelly on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

As long as people keep posting in this thread, nothing is going to get resolved. Ever.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer