Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
cellogirl
Gold Member

Post by cellogirl »

its good Friday... I'm going to an Easter play at a church today, and on Sunday I am playing my cello in the Easter morning sunrise service :) Happy Easter!

"Oh no. No no no no no no no no no... this is bad, this is very bad, this is really, really bad! They just can't get my nose right!"
"I know not who you are, nor how I came to find you, but may I just say.... Hi..."
"You should know that this is the strangest thing I've ever done!"
"Frying pans! Who knew, right?"
-Flynn Rider

check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/thepianogals?feature=mhee
Caitie
Processing

Post by Caitie »

I am probably the boredest person in the world right now.... ](*,) I could really about do that for fun
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Jesus' Princess wrote:We were leaving Denver this morning, and we saw the freeway sign for the focus on the family headquarters, so my dad pulled off and we decided to go in for fun. So course, we had to stop in at Whits End \:D/ it was pretty cool. I think my favorite part was the "Imagination Station" elevator :p
Very cool! Any adventures inside the elevator? ;)
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Jesus' Princess wrote:We were leaving Denver this morning, and we saw the freeway sign for the focus on the family headquarters, so my dad pulled off and we decided to go in for fun. So course, we had to stop in at Whits End \:D/ it was pretty cool. I think my favorite part was the "Imagination Station" elevator :p

In other news, attempting to make Caesar salads in an RV kitchen while driving down the interstate at 75 mph brings a whole new meaning to the term "tossed salad" :p
How cool! :D Tell more? ;)
caitbuggy wrote:I am probably the boredest person in the world right now.... ](*,) I could really about do that for fun
I'm sorry. :-/ What do you have around you? We have a lot of creative event makers on here. ^.^

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Went to a prolife service today outside of a Planned Parenthood abortion mill. It was really inspiring.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Caitie
Processing

Post by Caitie »

The Kings Daughter wrote:

In other news, attempting to make Caesar salads in an RV kitchen while driving down the interstate at 75 mph brings a whole new meaning to the term "tossed salad" :p
caitbuggy wrote:I am probably the boredest person in the world right now.... ](*,) I could really about do that for fun
I'm sorry. :-/ What do you have around you? We have a lot of creative event makers on here. ^.^
I would love to go to a FOTF place :D
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

How do you happen to be going by and not have planned to go there already?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Yet another bad ebook. Did not and will not call Barnes & Noble to report it. Team of Rivals this time. I had to buy another copy. Ironic how the lights on my DSL router start blinking when I have my Nook online and am downloading. Never noticed it before but I suspect that might be why the ebook was bad. It is a 1,257 page book so I can understand how the DSL might complain about it. I never did hear from the publisher of the other bad ebook. Don't really care as I finished it and don't need to download it again. IMHO, having to use the bookmark feature on an ereader defeats the purpose of the device since the thing is supposed to keep your place automatically. I was not going to read Team of Rivals and have to bookmark every time I wanted to stop as having to do that got old with the last bad ebook.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Yesterday my younger sister said I was acting really weird. If smiling almost constantly for half the day is weird, then maybe I should smile more. :-k I didn't realize I was that serious all the time.

In other news, the cat got another bath today. He smells like fruit now. Is it just me, or does it seem kind of weird to make a cat smell like fruit? :anxious: At least he smells a bit nicer, now.

And in, yet, other news, I found the carrot seeds that I've been hoping to find! If they grow right, I look forward to surprising everyone with purple carrots. \:D/
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Marvin D. wrote:It has a purpose if you're doing stuff related to math. .like engineering.

And ric, my textbook says Pre-calculus, but we're doing mostly trig and analytical geometry, so it's sort of the same? =P
My textbook says engineering mechanics statics, but we're mostly doing doing trig and analytical geometry so it's the same thing too?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I return to school on Wednesday. Then I have 9 days of school (spread out over 3 weeks)

This should be fun.

Till the end of the line.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Sunshine wrote:
Very cool! Any adventures inside the elevator? ;)
Well, it was quite the adventure squeezing 9 people, a stroller, and a wheelchair into it, and still having room to take some pictures pushing the red button ;)
The Kings Daughter wrote:

About FotF? Well we were only there for about half an hour, but it was pretty cool. There was Whit's office, KYDS radio, the soda shoppe, the underground railroad, the little Theatre, and Camp Whatanut for the little kids. :)
caitbuggy wrote:
I would love to go to a FOTF place :D
It was pretty neat :yes:
DanP740 wrote: How do you happen to be going by and not have planned to go there already?
Well, our original plan was to leave our friends house in Denver around 9:00 pm, and drive part way to our next location, but we had a change of plans and didn't end up leaving their house until around 10:00 the next morning, we asked my dad if it would be possible to stop. :)
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Jesus' Princess wrote:About FotF? Well we were only there for about half an hour, but it was pretty cool. There was Whit's office, KYDS radio, the soda shoppe, the underground railroad, the little Theatre, and Camp Whatanut for the little kids. :)
*happy sigh*::)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

haha interesting day to be sure. So many stupid things happened. Ah that's college for ya! But I did start dating an awesome guy here at school. I was COMPLETELY shocked. Like seriously didn't expect it to come this soon. God is good though!
Last edited by Joanne on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I just got back from a trip down to SC over Easter. \:D/ I actually was on the campus of BJU on Friday to see their Living Gallery presentation....I looked for Joanne in case she was around, but there were so many people and I didn't see her. :(
The next morning, we drove down to Aiken, SC to meet some friends and stayed for church on Easter before heading back. Finally arrived home this afternoon! Now it's time to get ready for farmer's market starting on Saturday. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Joanne wrote:haha interesting day to be sure. So many stupid things happened. Ah that's college for ya! But I did start dating an awesome guy here at school. I was COMPLETELY shocked. Like seriously didn't expect it to come this soon. God is good though!
Obvious April Fools Day prank because no guy would ever date you when you're married to me. :noway:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

American Eagle wrote:
Joanne wrote:haha interesting day to be sure. So many stupid things happened. Ah that's college for ya! But I did start dating an awesome guy here at school. I was COMPLETELY shocked. Like seriously didn't expect it to come this soon. God is good though!
Obvious April Fools Day prank because no guy would ever date you when you're married to me. :noway:
haha I guess I picked the wrong day to mention this. Ok if I announced it tomorrow would that be better for you JJ? I think you're just jealous. :P
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm sorry she's dating someone else, AE :(

I'll date you \:D/

Till the end of the line.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

No takebacks! \:D/
Last edited by American Eagle on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Shouldn't that be "datebacks"?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.