America's Got Talent (Season 8)

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

America's Got Talent (Season 8)

Post by bookworm »

Discussion thread for the new season of AGT if anyone else will be watching.
It starts June 4th.

Other seasons: 6, 7, 9
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'll be watching the clips on youtube like I always do \:D/ as opposed to watching on TV.

who is the new judge replacing Sharon?

Till the end of the line.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don’t know. And they’re actually apparently adding two new judges. (Meaning four total.)

When I heard Sharon wouldn’t be back for this season I was unsure how to react. There were times she didn’t take judging as seriously as I think she should have, but she did do a good job other times. So she wasn’t perfect, but I’d rather have her than someone potentially worse.
What I really hoped was that they’d bring Piers back to replace her!

And I don’t approve of the change to four judges at all. I think it’s a dumb system. Always have. What happens when there’s a tie? And is it four strikes you’re out now?
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

Heidi klum and mel b, whoever that is, will be replacing her. And I will be watching probably
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I think Mel B was a guest judge on either X factor UK or Britain's Got Talent, so that should be okay. I don't know much about Heidi Klum; this should be interesting....

I miss Sharon too; she wasn't always the best judge I think but she was good.
And I'm with bookworm; they should bring Piers back because he though he was strict sometimes he was the only judge who had been there since the beginning and he was honest.

Skylerbuck
OK
Post by Skylerbuck »

I will be watching this season
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

By the way, as a heads up so it doesn’t seem like random bumping, I still have a few comments on the past two seasons I will be posting in a bit. I’ve been having trouble rounding up the videos is why there’s been a pause. Unfortunately it’s very tough to keep AGT on YouTube.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

wait that's tomorrow? Oh snap
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

I'm so excited! Although, I don't like the idea of having so many judges. >_>
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

My favorites from last night's show:
Marty Brown

I just loved his humble, yet confident attitude. He came in looking (and sounding) as hick as can be, yet he moved the crowd to tears.

Catapult

Their act was marvelously creative, and terribly entertaining to watch. I just love how the whole thing told a story. It was captivating.

The 3Penny Chorus and Orchestra

My personal favorite. Their arrangment of "Call Me Maybe" was toe-tappingly wonderful. I really hope they go far in the show. :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I can’t believe they sent snake guy through. Yeah it was exciting, but it’s not even close to a show. This is why they need experienced judges. They’re not remembering the big picture. It’s not ‘I liked that in this moment, I’ll say yes.’ it’s ‘I say yes if I can see this developing into a million dollar show.’

Catapult was basically Silhouettes without the story. It was just stuff happening. Fun, but not exceedingly impressive after having seen a group take it further than that.

~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

What'd you think of "I wanna be a one hit wonder," "Tone the Chief-Rocka" (or however you spell it...)?

:mrgreen:
They/Them
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I have to say, Anna Christine really stunned me. She was pretty amazing \:D/

and I wholeheartedly agree with you, bookworm. I've sometimes talked a lot about how certain acts could've improved in the past; course my dad doesn't know what I'm talking about since he doesn't watch it, but it gives me an outlet for my passionate speeches about how an act could've done better.
Last edited by Shennifer on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

~JCGJ~ wrote:What'd you think of "I wanna be a one hit wonder," "Tone the Chief-Rocka"
I thought he had the right attitude, because even though this is a huge thing you may only get one moment in the spotlight if you win, it just depends on how things go. However to have a one hit wonder your one hit needs to be catchy. He failed in that regard, and I can’t believe everyone but me didn’t think so. >_>
Shennifer wrote:I have to say, Anna Christine really stunned me. She was pretty amazing \:D/
I actually wasn’t impressed. But it’s only because I don’t like that ‘kind’ of singing (I don’t know what to call it) it doesn’t sound pleasant to me, so I think people that sing that way are bad singers. However, if that’s just me and they are actually supposed to sound like that, then yes she was amazing. Especially for so young.

By the way, I have to correct myself about Catapult. Rewatching their performance I realized there actually was a story to it. I just didn’t catch it the first time because it moved so fast.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Sh'nooka wrote:I have to say, Anna Christine really stunned me. She was pretty amazing \:D/
bookworm wrote:I actually wasn’t impressed. But it’s only because I don’t like that ‘kind’ of singing (I don’t know what to call it) it doesn’t sound pleasant to me, so I think people that sing that way are bad singers. However, if that’s just me and they are actually supposed to sound like that, then yes she was amazing. Especially for so young.
I don't know the specific name of that singing style, but she was supposed to sound 'like that' (soulful, jazzy, etc.)
Last edited by Shennifer on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

bookworm wrote:
~JCGJ~ wrote:What'd you think of "I wanna be a one hit wonder," "Tone the Chief-Rocka"
I thought he had the right attitude, because even though this is a huge thing you may only get one moment in the spotlight if you win, it just depends on how things go. However to have a one hit wonder your one hit needs to be catchy. He failed in that regard, and I can’t believe everyone but me didn’t think so. >_>
I think the only reason people liked him was because of his stage presence. He was confident, and fun, and just a bit cocky. That's what people love to see. They don't care if he could rap (or sing, or dance, for that matter), as long as they had fun watching him. All I know is I enjoyed his performance (I may have even started shaking my "B Double-O T Y" just a little... :anxious:). However, I don't think he has enough to win.
They/Them
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

~JCGJ~ wrote:However, I don't think he has enough to win.
He doesn’t. He ran out of performance like 30 seconds in. The winner is supposed to do an hour show.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

*posts for bookworm*
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This is interesting. A group like Catapult just won Britain’s Got Talent. They’re called Attraction Shadow Theatre Group.

Last season a dog act won both BGT and AGT; could we have a repeat repeat this season with two shadow troupes winning?
Skylerbuck
OK
Post by Skylerbuck »

I live in Canada and watch AGT, CGT only ran for one season :( It wasn't too good though