Facebook

Here's the place for music, YouTube related videos and other visual media that doesn't quite fit in the Harlequin Theatre.

Re: Facebook

Postby jasonjannajerryjohn » Wed May 22, 2013 3:37 pm

Actually, not having a Facebook would be the hipster thing to do. Since Facebook is so popular.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
I revere the admins
I revere the admins
jasonjannajerryjohn

Cash on hand: 839.30
Bank: 1,563.25

Postby jelly » Wed May 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Yeah, basically I'm not hipster enough to not have facebook. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob
jelly

the guy who used to watch a lot of films

Cash on hand: 1,067.96
Bank: 4,500.00

Postby godisawesomeness99 » Wed May 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Woody wrote:
bookworm wrote:I'm not on Facebook, and have absolutely no desire to be. Never have.

Same here. I just don't get the draw. :shrugs:

I am on Facebook, and the draw for me was that I have a lot of good friends who are pretty far away, some heading off to college and whatnot, and that's the best way for us to stay in touch with each other. I originally made my account just so that I could run a FB page, but then I started friending people and now I use it.

I only friend people I know in real life though, sorry GIA89

AHEM! THAT'S 99! :shame: some people :p
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
I'm finally not a No0b
godisawesomeness99

Literally only here for fantasy football

Cash on hand: 425.05

Postby Laura Ingalls » Thu May 23, 2013 8:01 am

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Actually, not having a Facebook would be the hipster thing to do. Since Facebook is so popular.

I think of hip being what's the cool and popular thing to do (i.e. have Facebook)...different from hipsters who go against what's popular on purpose. Perhaps that's the wrong definition on my part. :P

I would sort of like to have a page for business purposes, but I've been informed you must have a personal page first to be able to start a business page, so that's out. :x
“Home is the nicest word there is.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Half Pint
Half Pint
Laura Ingalls

Happily married to Almanzo

Cash on hand: 425.12
Bank: 80.45

Postby jelly » Thu May 23, 2013 8:16 am

Laura Ingalls wrote:I would sort of like to have a page for business purposes, but I've been informed you must have a personal page first to be able to start a business page, so that's out. :x

Or you could just cave for the sake of your business. ;)

seriously tho. Your aspiring business is pretty much trapped if you don't properly engage social media. Trust me, I basically do this for a living. :P
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob
jelly

the guy who used to watch a lot of films

Cash on hand: 1,067.96
Bank: 4,500.00

Postby Jesus' Princess » Thu May 23, 2013 9:27 am

Laura Ingalls wrote:
jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Actually, not having a Facebook would be the hipster thing to do. Since Facebook is so popular.

I would sort of like to have a page for business purposes, but I've been informed you must have a personal page first to be able to start a business page, so that's out. :x

You do have to have a personal page, but you don't have to use it. The first year or so I was on FB I didn't even have my profile filled in. I just uploaded a picture of a flower and set my privacy settings so that basically no one could friend me. I just ran my page from that. So that is an option :)
Country Girl
Country Girl
Jesus' Princess

Passed her drivers test! Whoop!

Cash on hand: 234.60
Bank: 4,909.61
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby darcie » Thu May 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Laura Ingalls wrote:

I think of hip being what's the cool and popular thing to do (i.e. have Facebook)...different from hipsters who go against what's popular on purpose. Perhaps that's the wrong definition on my part. :P

I think hipsters go against the norm. You were even more of a rebel hipster because you went against the rules and used a character name way back at the beginning and got kicked off!

And you do NOT need to have a personal page to have a business page. It will ask you after you create a biz page if you want to set up a personal one, but it is not required. On the main page under the box to create an account is a link to create a page. Do it! I'll be your first fan. \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
darcietastical
darcietastical
darcie

Nothing to see here.

Cash on hand: 159.09

Postby Termite » Sat May 25, 2013 12:06 pm

Go on, Laura! I'll like it also. Then we can all stalk each other better. :dark:
Love you always, SnC
"Satan can't take your joy unless he disturbs your sense of right-standing with God." -Roy H Hicks
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
"Stop boring me and think. It's the new sexy." -Sherlock
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Termite

was eaten by a dinosaur.

Cash on hand: 296.24
Bank: 1,599.64
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby American Eagle » Sat May 25, 2013 8:37 pm

I'll also like your page, Laura. If you want, I'm even willing to be your friend. \:D/
"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.” - Martin Luther King Jr.
Chief of Police
American Eagle

Cash on hand: 437.15
Bank: 0.00

Postby Laura Ingalls » Sat May 25, 2013 8:48 pm

I'll have to talk to my dad about it. ;) We'll see.
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Half Pint
Half Pint
Laura Ingalls

Postby ~JCGJ~ » Sat May 25, 2013 9:16 pm

Laura Ingalls wrote:

Except, that deffinition doesn't quite work nowadays, since being "Hipster" is quickly becoming quite popular.

Therefor, those people (myself included) who refuse to be drawn into the "Hipster Movement," as I like to call it, are the true "Hipsters." \:D/ :mrgreen:
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Sat May 25, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Mr. Green
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
A helpful graphic, for those who may be confused.
That is all.

Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
~JCGJ~

I am :mrgreen:

Location: Probably riding my AWESOME maxi-scooter on some back road somewhere...

Cash on hand: 62.74
Bank: 631.96

Postby Anna><> » Sun May 26, 2013 8:26 pm

I have Facebook. I like the chat feature because it's like MSN and you can talk to people about homework. I don't post statuses though.
I post like Shadowpaw
Anna><>

nathanf... <3

Cash on hand: 16.60
Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby jasonjannajerryjohn » Tue May 28, 2013 12:17 am

~JCGJ~ wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:

Except, that deffinition doesn't quite work nowadays, since being "Hipster" is quickly becoming quite popular.

Therefor, those people (myself included) who refuse to be drawn into the "Hipster Movement," as I like to call it, are the true "Hipsters." \:D/ :mrgreen:

Than they're not really hipsters according to that definition than are they?

Also, and more importantly:

Jelly wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:I would sort of like to have a page for business purposes, but I've been informed you must have a personal page first to be able to start a business page, so that's out. :x

seriously tho. Your aspiring business is pretty much trapped if you don't properly engage social media. Trust me, I basically do this for a living. :P

Hippie.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
I revere the admins
I revere the admins
jasonjannajerryjohn

Cash on hand: 839.30
Bank: 1,563.25

Postby Sunshine » Tue May 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Reading this topic, I find it a bit surprising that some of you don't have Facebook. I'm not the only one. =P

Woody wrote:
bookworm wrote:I'm not on Facebook, and have absolutely no desire to be. Never have.

Same here. I just don't get the draw. :shrugs:
I wouldn't mind having a Facebook, because I'd appreciate being able to keep up with a few people that I don't/can't talk with very much. I don't really have time for Facebook, though, so I just glance at a post on my sibling's now and then throughout the day. ;)
I love the ToO!
Sunshine

To know that God is in control is one thing, but to believe that truth, to stand on that truth, to live by that truth is completely different.

Cash on hand: 43.10
Bank: 800.00

Postby godisawesomeness99 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:31 pm

so, back to the topic at hand.... WHO ACCUALLY HAS A FACEBOOK AND WOULD BE WILLING TO FRIEND ME?
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
I'm finally not a No0b
godisawesomeness99

Literally only here for fantasy football

Cash on hand: 425.05

Postby TigerintheShadows » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:22 pm

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:
~JCGJ~ wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:

Than they're not really hipsters according to that definition than are they?

I think we can all pretty much agree that hipsters have become a paradox. ;)

I don't have a Facebook, GIA, but I don't think you'll be able to stop an off-topic discussion when it comes to Facebook. This is the Internet. ;)

It would be nice, though, if people weren't like, "Hey! We're gonna let you know about these plans solely through Facebook because, obviously, everyone uses Facebook and there's no reason to suspect that people live lives off of social media that prevent them from accessing this information!". Seriously, I've missed more messages about gatherings for church functions and ensemble meetings than I really care to think about. Whatever happened to just sending out an e-mail? Those are so unpopular, everyone has them. :(
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
I spam the HH. A lot
TigerintheShadows

can I finally update my status, or...?

Cash on hand: 4,955.99
Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Kait » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:34 pm

I would probably die without Facebook.

Okay, not really, but I use it every single day for everything from connecting with friends and family who don't live near me, to collaborating and organizing for work, to keeping up on news and updates from different pages I follow, to debating things I'm passionate about .... yeah. Facebook is a large part of my life for many reasons. None of which have to do with Farmville or Candy Crush. ;)
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Feminazi Extraordinaire
Kait

growing up wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the responsibilities. those are lame.

Cash on hand: 15.30
Bank: 21,535.33

Postby The Top Crusader » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:19 pm

It's all about Marvel Avenger's Alliance.
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
The Top Crusader

Old... but not obsolete.

Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Cash on hand: 9,999,999,994,415,312.00
Bank: 5,584,680.26
Highscores: 1

Postby Tea Ess » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:39 pm

TigerintheShadows wrote:It would be nice, though, if people weren't like, "Hey! We're gonna let you know about these plans solely through Facebook because, obviously, everyone uses Facebook and there's no reason to suspect that people live lives off of social media that prevent them from accessing this information!". Seriously, I've missed more messages about gatherings for church functions and ensemble meetings than I really care to think about. Whatever happened to just sending out an e-mail? Those are so unpopular, everyone has them. :(

I really agree with you here. I eventually had to get Facebook because of this, but I never really use it except to get church notices, and I still prefer email to Facebook.
Visit The Punctuation Shop today for all of your punctuation needs!
One. Thousand. Posts.
Tea Ess

I don't know the muffin man

Cash on hand: 20.96
Bank: 732.44

Postby Laura Ingalls » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:42 pm

What I don't like is all the companies that give out free samples and coupons, and they are all FACEBOOK ONLY! :mad: So annoying.
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Half Pint
Half Pint
Laura Ingalls

PreviousNext

Return to The Little Theater