Facebook

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Actually, not having a Facebook would be the hipster thing to do. Since Facebook is so popular.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Yeah, basically I'm not hipster enough to not have facebook. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Woody wrote:
bookworm wrote:I'm not on Facebook, and have absolutely no desire to be. Never have.
Same here. I just don't get the draw. :shrugs:
I am on Facebook, and the draw for me was that I have a lot of good friends who are pretty far away, some heading off to college and whatnot, and that's the best way for us to stay in touch with each other. I originally made my account just so that I could run a FB page, but then I started friending people and now I use it.

I only friend people I know in real life though, sorry GIA89
AHEM! THAT'S 99! :shame: some people :p
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Actually, not having a Facebook would be the hipster thing to do. Since Facebook is so popular.
I think of hip being what's the cool and popular thing to do (i.e. have Facebook)...different from hipsters who go against what's popular on purpose. Perhaps that's the wrong definition on my part. :P

I would sort of like to have a page for business purposes, but I've been informed you must have a personal page first to be able to start a business page, so that's out. :x
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I would sort of like to have a page for business purposes, but I've been informed you must have a personal page first to be able to start a business page, so that's out. :x
Or you could just cave for the sake of your business. ;)

seriously tho. Your aspiring business is pretty much trapped if you don't properly engage social media. Trust me, I basically do this for a living. :P
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Actually, not having a Facebook would be the hipster thing to do. Since Facebook is so popular.

I would sort of like to have a page for business purposes, but I've been informed you must have a personal page first to be able to start a business page, so that's out. :x
You do have to have a personal page, but you don't have to use it. The first year or so I was on FB I didn't even have my profile filled in. I just uploaded a picture of a flower and set my privacy settings so that basically no one could friend me. I just ran my page from that. So that is an option :)
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
I think of hip being what's the cool and popular thing to do (i.e. have Facebook)...different from hipsters who go against what's popular on purpose. Perhaps that's the wrong definition on my part. :P

I think hipsters go against the norm. You were even more of a rebel hipster because you went against the rules and used a character name way back at the beginning and got kicked off!

And you do NOT need to have a personal page to have a business page. It will ask you after you create a biz page if you want to set up a personal one, but it is not required. On the main page under the box to create an account is a link to create a page. Do it! I'll be your first fan. \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Go on, Laura! I'll like it also. Then we can all stalk each other better. :dark:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'll also like your page, Laura. If you want, I'm even willing to be your friend. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'll have to talk to my dad about it. ;) We'll see.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
Except, that deffinition doesn't quite work nowadays, since being "Hipster" is quickly becoming quite popular.

Therefor, those people (myself included) who refuse to be drawn into the "Hipster Movement," as I like to call it, are the true "Hipsters." \:D/ :mrgreen:
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Sat May 25, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I have Facebook. I like the chat feature because it's like MSN and you can talk to people about homework. I don't post statuses though.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

~JCGJ~ wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:
Except, that deffinition doesn't quite work nowadays, since being "Hipster" is quickly becoming quite popular.

Therefor, those people (myself included) who refuse to be drawn into the "Hipster Movement," as I like to call it, are the true "Hipsters." \:D/ :mrgreen:
Than they're not really hipsters according to that definition than are they?

Also, and more importantly:

Jelly wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:I would sort of like to have a page for business purposes, but I've been informed you must have a personal page first to be able to start a business page, so that's out. :x
seriously tho. Your aspiring business is pretty much trapped if you don't properly engage social media. Trust me, I basically do this for a living. :P
Hippie.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Reading this topic, I find it a bit surprising that some of you don't have Facebook. I'm not the only one. =P
Woody wrote:
bookworm wrote:I'm not on Facebook, and have absolutely no desire to be. Never have.
Same here. I just don't get the draw. :shrugs:
I wouldn't mind having a Facebook, because I'd appreciate being able to keep up with a few people that I don't/can't talk with very much. I don't really have time for Facebook, though, so I just glance at a post on my sibling's now and then throughout the day. ;)
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

so, back to the topic at hand.... WHO ACCUALLY HAS A FACEBOOK AND WOULD BE WILLING TO FRIEND ME?
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:
~JCGJ~ wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:

Than they're not really hipsters according to that definition than are they?
I think we can all pretty much agree that hipsters have become a paradox. ;)

I don't have a Facebook, GIA, but I don't think you'll be able to stop an off-topic discussion when it comes to Facebook. This is the Internet. ;)

It would be nice, though, if people weren't like, "Hey! We're gonna let you know about these plans solely through Facebook because, obviously, everyone uses Facebook and there's no reason to suspect that people live lives off of social media that prevent them from accessing this information!". Seriously, I've missed more messages about gatherings for church functions and ensemble meetings than I really care to think about. Whatever happened to just sending out an e-mail? Those are so unpopular, everyone has them. :(
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I would probably die without Facebook.

Okay, not really, but I use it every single day for everything from connecting with friends and family who don't live near me, to collaborating and organizing for work, to keeping up on news and updates from different pages I follow, to debating things I'm passionate about .... yeah. Facebook is a large part of my life for many reasons. None of which have to do with Farmville or Candy Crush. ;)
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It's all about Marvel Avenger's Alliance.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

TigerintheShadows wrote:It would be nice, though, if people weren't like, "Hey! We're gonna let you know about these plans solely through Facebook because, obviously, everyone uses Facebook and there's no reason to suspect that people live lives off of social media that prevent them from accessing this information!". Seriously, I've missed more messages about gatherings for church functions and ensemble meetings than I really care to think about. Whatever happened to just sending out an e-mail? Those are so unpopular, everyone has them. :(
I really agree with you here. I eventually had to get Facebook because of this, but I never really use it except to get church notices, and I still prefer email to Facebook.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

What I don't like is all the companies that give out free samples and coupons, and they are all FACEBOOK ONLY! :mad: So annoying.