Facebook

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Laura Ingalls wrote:What I don't like is all the companies that give out free samples and coupons, and they are all FACEBOOK ONLY! :mad: So annoying.
It's all a conspiracy to drag us in. :anxious:
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Guys, I literally have four of my GRANDPARENTS on Facebook. I know you're trying to be all Mennonite by resisting the evils of technology, but Facebook isn't just for worldly kids anymore. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

TigerintheShadows wrote:
jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:
~JCGJ~ wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:
jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:Actually, not having a Facebook would be the hipster thing to do. Since Facebook is so popular.
I think of hip being what's the cool and popular thing to do (i.e. have Facebook)...different from hipsters who go against what's popular on purpose. Perhaps that's the wrong definition on my part. :P
Except, that deffinition doesn't quite work nowadays, since being "Hipster" is quickly becoming quite popular.

Therefor, those people (myself included) who refuse to be drawn into the "Hipster Movement," as I like to call it, are the true "Hipsters." \:D/ :mrgreen:
Than they're not really hipsters according to that definition than are they?
I think we can all pretty much agree that hipsters have become a paradox. ;)

I don't have a Facebook, GIA, but I don't think you'll be able to stop an off-topic discussion when it comes to Facebook. This is the Internet. ;)

It would be nice, though, if people weren't like, "Hey! We're gonna let you know about these plans solely through Facebook because, obviously, everyone uses Facebook and there's no reason to suspect that people live lives off of social media that prevent them from accessing this information!". Seriously, I've missed more messages about gatherings for church functions and ensemble meetings than I really care to think about. Whatever happened to just sending out an e-mail? Those are so unpopular, everyone has them. :(
well, I suppose not.....
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

American Eagle wrote:Guys, I literally have four of my GRANDPARENTS on Facebook. I know you're trying to be all Mennonite by resisting the evils of technology, but Facebook isn't just for worldly kids anymore. ;)
It's clearly about resisting evils of technology and has nothing to do with the fact that Facebook can be a real waste of time and energy. ;)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I just don't understand why people wouldn't have Facebook, if purely for practical purposes. As others have mentioned, you miss a lot of event notifications and stuff because a lot of it is on Facebook. And as far as school goes, many classes have had Facebook groups for studying and working out problems. And my school paper (for which I am an Editor) has Facebook group where EVERYTHING is announced, organized and kept track of. I'm not sure how a staff member without a Facebook would really survive on our paper.

I understand not wanting to put a ton of personal information on there. I even understand not wanting to play a bunch of games and stuff on there. But I don't understand why you wouldn't have one at all. It doesn't make sense to me.
Last edited by Kait on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
TigerintheShadows

//shrugs I just don't see the big deal. I don't have time to constantly be looking at something in which I'm not really interested; if I were just to get a Facebook for practical reasons, I'd probably forget about it, much like I (admittedly) forget my e-mail. The only thing I really ever check is the ToO, FanFiction.Net, and iMessage (which can't be helped). I mean, if I really needed to get one, then I would, but since it's not a necessity, I see no need for it.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I feel like facebook is cool as long as you don't have stupid friends.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

EK wrote:I feel like facebook is cool as long as you don't have stupid friends.

You're right.

*unfriends EK* :-
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Kait wrote:I just don't understand why people wouldn't have Facebook, if purely for practical purposes.
Because there is no practical purpose for me to have one. I keep in touch with people in real life, and through email. Facebook would enhance absolutely nothing.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

You could see all the rantings and random things I post. That would make your life infinitely better. Really. :yes:

This applies to everyone, not just bookworm.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
TigerintheShadows

Because darcie never posts anything worthwhile on the ToO. :noway:

darcie wrote: Image
I'm totes jelly of your sociability, darcie. :yes:
AIO tumblr sideblog
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Kait wrote:

You're right.

It's so weird when I see people that usually refer to me by name as EK just because we're on here. >_>

Of course, I guess that IS my name here.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

EK wrote:
Kait wrote:

You're right.

It's so weird when I see people that usually refer to me by name as EK just because we're on here. >_>

It was weird to type EK. <_<
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

EK wrote:It's so weird when I see people that usually refer to me by name as EK just because we're on here. >_>

It makes me happy when people type my name in all lowercase here because that's my name here. *unfriends EK* :-
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon