Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I made muffins for a study group I had yesterday and when I offered them to people I said "Would you like a Muffin?"

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Graces4you wrote:I made muffins for a study group I had yesterday and when I offered them to people I said "Would you like a Muffin?"
That's awesome. I dream of a day when the AIO fandom, or Odyssians, (as I'm going to try and make the term ubiquitous), are so prevalent on the internet that there will be muffin memes galore, combining the epicness of Derpy and Arthur Dent.

Also, reading Homestuck right now (AMAZING), and Terezi considers the flavour of Sollux's chat text to be "Appleberry flavoured".
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I just had a Counseling class last week (I'm in a special continued education program where we get a 3 credit hour class crammed into a week). I lost track of all the episodes I was reminded of, but here's a few:
Maude & Bernard's counseling session in Prequels of Love
We talked a lot about empathy, reminding me of Melanie's Diary
There was also a lot of lecture about body language: Childish Things
We talked about anxiety, reminding me of Donna and Jimmy's conversation about anxiousness in The Meaning of Sacrifice
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

There was a new vendor at the farmer's market today, and his voice sounded exactly like the young Mr. Whittaker. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Laura Ingalls wrote:There was a new vendor at the farmer's market today, and his voice sounded exactly like the young Mr. Whittaker. \:D/
That's great. I love young Mr. Whittaker's voice. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

The other day we had a man come in for assistance from Scotland. He had a thick accent and it reminded me of Alan Young/Jack Allen.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I was reading a biology book and came across this "atomic mass unit (amu), or the dalton." It reminded me of Dalton Kearn.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

*Glass cutters, torching through safes, juries...lol
*Funnel cakes make me think of Wooten :P
*Stick shift cars with a clutch remind me of "License to Drive"
*Of course, Dungeons and Dragons reminds me of Len and "Castles and Cauldrons"

many more.. drawing a blank now.. haha
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

ObiWan Kenobi Girl wrote:*Glass cutters, torching through safes, juries...lol
*Funnel cakes make me think of Wooten :P
*Stick shift cars with a clutch remind me of "License to Drive"
*Of course, Dungeons and Dragons reminds me of Len and "Castles and Cauldrons"

many more.. drawing a blank now.. haha
Funnel cakes-- haha, yes, always. :) I am tempted to put a lot of whipped cream on them.

My sister was just learning to drive a stick shift and "A License to Drive" was in the back of my mind the whole time. :) "Remember Connie's advice about the clutch, Jo!" (which I can't remember now myself since it's been too long since I've heard that episode....)
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

EvangelineWalker wrote: My sister was just learning to drive a stick shift and "A License to Drive" was in the back of my mind the whole time. :) "Remember Connie's advice about the clutch, Jo!" (which I can't remember now myself since it's been too long since I've heard that episode....)
Nice! When I learned to drive, the only cars we had were automatic transitions.. Only, I didn't know it at the time. :p
I was so excited to prove myself and use my previous knowledge about driving from AIO!.. but my time was like 15 years after that episode. Haha so I was always confused why I was never formally taught about this "clutch pedal". :-k
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

we had funnel cake at camp last week and as i added the powdered sugar i heard wooton shouting 'you can't eat a naked funnel cake!'

today i visited the World Chess Museum and we played a game of chess and kept referring to the pieces as "tower, horse, Queenie, and guy with the pointy hat" Inside we found a chess set with dice and remembered Bernard exclaiming "Where are the dice?"
-William Booth
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I'm currently at a beach, and a friend of mine was sitting next to me at a beachside restaurant talking about a video game where he's trying to invent a plague to eradicate humanity, and he mentioned that he's adapted it to water. I instantly, of course, was reminded of Ruku. \:D/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

TigerintheShadows wrote:I'm currently at a beach, and a friend of mine was sitting next to me at a beachside restaurant talking about a video game where he's trying to invent a plague to eradicate humanity, and he mentioned that he's adapted it to water. I instantly, of course, was reminded of Ruku. \:D/
Plague, Inc.! \:D/ I love that game! And I always name my viruses "Ruku" :D
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
TigerintheShadows

Shakespeare wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:I'm currently at a beach, and a friend of mine was sitting next to me at a beachside restaurant talking about a video game where he's trying to invent a plague to eradicate humanity, and he mentioned that he's adapted it to water. I instantly, of course, was reminded of Ruku. \:D/
:hilarious:

Someone just told me that my definition of exciting is dangerous because wew'e about to be hit by a thunderstorm, so I responded that the definition of fun has merged with the definition of insanity. #eugenemeltsner I also mentioned a Clown Confidentiality Code when we were discussing how we would all fit in one cart to ride along the beach.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Shakespeare wrote:
I had a thread about Plague Inc. around early December. I came up with relevant AIO names for every disease types from fungi to prions. I can't remember what they were, but if you search Plague Inc., you should be able to find it.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

I have come to realize that my Mom is the thrift store lady from Tuesdays with Wooton. She sell our cheese at a farmers market and can tell me all about someone, but has no idea what their name is or where they live (other than near the market). She can tell me the name of their dog, where they went on vacation and who slipped on the ice last winter. It's funny in the episode, but it even funnier in real life when she tells us all about this person and then says she has no idea what their name is :)
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
TigerintheShadows

At church tonight, some friends of mine were doing something to make their voices sound like they smoked four packs a day, and after awhile I was rather forcibly reminded of The Whisperer.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Last week I was on vacation and stayed in a hotel for a few nights. My nieces (ages 8, 11, 13) stayed with me and we made a rule that we had to use the secret knock to get in. So we were frequently calling out "That's not the secret knock."

"Wooton, this isn't even your house." Hehehe...
-William Booth
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Man of Cheese wrote:I have come to realize that my Mom is the thrift store lady from Tuesdays with Wooton. She sell our cheese at a farmers market and can tell me all about someone, but has no idea what their name is or where they live (other than near the market). She can tell me the name of their dog, where they went on vacation and who slipped on the ice last winter. It's funny in the episode, but it even funnier in real life when she tells us all about this person and then says she has no idea what their name is :)
:lol: It's funny that you mention the thrift store lady, because I was thinking not too long ago that I was like her! I often know lots of details, but not the person's name. Hey, some of us are gifted in different ways. ;)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Last night, my mom was trying to remember what kind of phone her sister has, and she said she knew it was a "Berry," but she couldn't remember the first part, so she said it was an Appleberry.

I found it most amusing.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer