Album 57: A Call to Something More

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

odyssey time doesn't really line up with our time, if they were 12 in 2010 they might not be 15 now
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

All I'm saying is, both Barrett and Priscilla sound way too mature to be thirteen.
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I've known thirteen-year-olds who could pass for high school students. Some people simply go through puberty more quickly than others. :shrugs:

I'm also excited for Life Expectancy. I've been missing Connie's interaction with her family since "Eggshells"; it'll be nice to see her develop in that area, maybe get some more closure as far as her dad is concerned. Perhaps more continuity nods are in store for us? \:D/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

TigerintheShadows wrote: For the record, I think the only two things standing in the way of a relationship between them are their ages (if they're not in high school, which I don't believe they are) and the fact that outside of her relationship with Barrett, Priscilla feels underdeveloped...I'd rather see her develop on her own as her own person, outside of having other people, Barrett or otherwise, to bounce off of.
Tiger, as always, you speak wisdom on this subject. :yes: Especially this paragraph. Although initially irritated by this pair, having Barrett develop as a character really made me warm to their relationship. Priscilla still needs a bit of work - the only time I've ever been interested in her as a character was that episode with herself and Jay in the room of consequence (you know, the one where we actually see her talking to someone who isn't Barrett). Characterization before romance, always! :protest:
TigerintheShadows

Every so often I say something smart. ;)

I almost want "More Than A Feeling" to be solely about Wooton and Penny, if only so we can have a truly adult-driven episode with no kids involved (I'm getting tired of this overdose of child characters, honestly... :anxious: ). Wooton needs his character back--the pre-hiatus, mature-but-childlike, strong-in-faith, actually-a-real-human-being-sometimes Wooton. I want a Wooton like we saw in "Wooing Wooton", who was still his quirky, eccentric self, but at the same time was willing to make a hard decision. I want this relationship between Wooton and Penny to develop, not just remain static, and I want Wooton to be more than the Plucky Comic Relief guy. I want Wooton and Penny to start asking themselves difficult questions about their relationship and I want them to show us the maturity that is required to have a strong relationship.

Alternatively, I'd like for "More Than A Feeling" to be about decision-making--like, you can't always go with your gut instinct; important life decisions are more difficult than "following your heart" or "doing what feels right".

But hey, you can't always get what you want. ;) I'm excited for the episode regardless.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

So, from the themes and titles of the episodes for 57, I'm going to break down what I think each episode is about.

Starting from the top, let's talk about Your Servant is Listening.
My opinion is that Camilla has wanted something for a very long time, asking and asking, maybe whining, but when she goes on this adventure, she realizes that she hasn't prayed and sought God about it. Seems pretty logical to me.
Okay, No Chemistry Whatsoever.
Either about Jay learning not to take the easy way out, or maybe Barrett and Priscilla?
I will skip the Friend Formula, and go on to More than a Feeling.
Please, please let this be about Wooton and Penny. I honestly hate the idea of them as a couple. Penny isn't mature enough as a Christian to be in a relationship. Plus, I think Wooton got a little starstruck about finding someone who was so much like him, and who was a Christian.
Big Trouble Under The Big Top.
I think this is about Matthew and Emily. A mystery? Learning to treat others better? We may finally see some development for Emily, folks!
Life Expectancy.
I'm pretty much convinced that June dies.
Why? Well, for one, if Bill dies, then June would be in the episode. Aaand, that's pretty much all I've got.
The Pilot.
I think this is either a sendoff for a character, or it's about Whit.

So yup, my speculations and hopes for album 57.

So what exactly do you think More than a Feeling will be about, Tiger?
TigerintheShadows

Joy wrote:I'm pretty much convinced that June dies.
It's the title of the episode itself and the fact that Connie has to "turn tragedy into triumph" that gets me...

Watch it premiere and we find out that both her parents are alive and well. ;)
Joy wrote:So what exactly do you think More than a Feeling will be about, Tiger?
Mmm...good question. I feel like the episode will be about romance--no real reason, just a gut instinct (which sort of runs counter to the moral, ha, ha. ;) It's just a matter of whose romance it is. If romance is the case here, then the front-runner candidate is definitely Wooton/Penny, with a slight possibility of Barrett/Priscilla (I mean, seriously...those two have gotten more Ship Tease in middle school than Jack and Lucy did in their entire careers on the show--even in TTW1&2). My guess is that it'll be about Wooton and Penny asking themselves and each other serious questions about where their relationship is headed and whether or not they're ready for a "serious" relationship. As for Barrett and Priscilla...I have absolutely no guesses as to how that would play out. Perhaps they would become disillusioned as to the matter of young love, realizing that crushes aren't as easy as they look on TV?
AIO tumblr sideblog
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Post by AshleyWhittaker »

Remember when we were all freaking out because I suggested Connie could be pregnant? I knew I'd look back and laugh...
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

Joy wrote:So, from the themes and titles of the episodes for 57, I'm going to break down what I think each episode is about.

Starting from the top, let's talk about Your Servant is Listening.
My opinion is that Camilla has wanted something for a very long time, asking and asking, maybe whining, but when she goes on this adventure, she realizes that she hasn't prayed and sought God about it. Seems pretty logical to me.
Okay, No Chemistry Whatsoever.
Either about Jay learning not to take the easy way out, or maybe Barrett and Priscilla?
I will skip the Friend Formula, and go on to More than a Feeling.
Please, please let this be about Wooton and Penny. I honestly hate the idea of them as a couple. Penny isn't mature enough as a Christian to be in a relationship. Plus, I think Wooton got a little starstruck about finding someone who was so much like him, and who was a Christian.
Big Trouble Under The Big Top.
I think this is about Matthew and Emily. A mystery? Learning to treat others better? We may finally see some development for Emily, folks!
Life Expectancy.
I'm pretty much convinced that June dies.
Why? Well, for one, if Bill dies, then June would be in the episode. Aaand, that's pretty much all I've got.
The Pilot.
I think this is either a sendoff for a character, or it's about Whit.

So yup, my speculations and hopes for album 57.

So what exactly do you think More than a Feeling will be about, Tiger?
That was my speculation about life expectancy too, joy
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Skylerbuck
OK
Post by Skylerbuck »

The download could potentially be out in 2 days... :)
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

TigerintheShadows wrote:
Joy wrote:I'm pretty much convinced that June dies.
It's the title of the episode itself and the fact that Connie has to "turn tragedy into triumph" that gets me...

Watch it premiere and we find out that both her parents are alive and well. ;)

The theory that June dies in Life Expectancy is pretty convincing, considering on the AIOWiki it states that Bill Kendall will reappear. Possibly for his ex-wife's funeral? And that June is not yet credited as an actor on that episode further clinches that proposition.
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
TigerintheShadows

Precisely. The implication to me is that Connie will have some family issues to work out--she's found father-figures in Whit and Jack, to be certain, but I think that, for lack of a better phrase, she has father issues, what with her father not being there for her like he used to be and marrying all these other women. It's not like it was his fault (it was kind of a surprise for all involved), but he wasn't even able to make it to her wedding--he didn't even try to communicate. I suspect (or rather, I hope) that this will be part of Connie's development of independence--it'll give a change that's been much needed for her and will push her into development of her faith and her adulthood.
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Not to mention he didn't even make his own mother's funeral, because he was off on a cruise with the lady he ditched Lindsay for, who in turn was the lady he ditched June for. It's a thing with him.

On a totally unrelated side note: Bill has such bad moral character, that on telling a friend who really knows nothing of the show, was so shocked at Bill's womanizing behavior, happened to call him a term that was not endearing in the least.

And Tiger, even though it would be good for Connie to grow independently through this, I don't necessarily see how her dad fits into that part of the story. She was never dependent on her dad (at least during her time in the show.) I think they might try to use Bill to sit Connie down and just have a big talk of "what went wrong" all those years ago, and how deeply sorry he is for all that he's done. Maybe I'm just a softy, but I felt sorry for Bill in Where Is Thy Sting? "I couldn't even make it to my own mother before she died...."
So it would be nice, and provide some closure, if the writers could take that route.
---Jeff Fugate
TigerintheShadows

Just closure on the subject of her family is really what I'm thinking about, I guess. I suppose I just want Connie to go out into the world a little bit--not leaving Odyssey behind permanently or anything, but maybe doing some Eugene-esque soul-searching or something? I dunno...I'm not sure how Bill fits into that specifically either, but it could be some sort of catalyst. :shrugs:
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Well, attention everybody! We will soon find out the truth to all these theories, because the digital downloads come out next week! Here is the quote from the guy that told me this:

"The episodes air on the radio the tenth, but I asked the AIO facebook page when the MP3s will be available and they said next week."

So everybody give a big shoutout to Jason's Blue Dyed Nosehairs for supplying this information!
---Jeff Fugate
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

The Old Judge wrote:Well, attention everybody! We will soon find out the truth to all these theories, because the digital downloads come out next week! Here is the quote from the guy that told me this:

"The episodes air on the radio the tenth, but I asked the AIO facebook page when the MP3s will be available and they said next week."

So everybody give a big shoutout to Jason's Blue Dyed Nosehairs for supplying this information!
That's GREAT! Since it starts airing so soon after, are you more inclined to wait? I'm going to go ahead and get them simply because I can't wait much longer.

I'm really curious about the episode called The Pilot 1-2. It could have something to do with Whit's recent getting his Pilot's license. And maybe it has to do with the other arc that is starting up? In any case, I'm really hoping that Jason appears in a bunch of episodes this season. It seems like he'll for sure be in LIfe Expectancy, but I don't remember. Can anyone back me up on this?
TigerintheShadows

Yeah, the wiki says Jason's in at least one of the Life Expectancy episodes.

Also: Jason's Blue-Dyed Nosehairs? ;)
AIO tumblr sideblog
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Jason Whits Son wrote:
The Old Judge wrote:Well, attention everybody! We will soon find out the truth to all these theories, because the digital downloads come out next week! Here is the quote from the guy that told me this:

That's GREAT! Since it starts airing so soon after, are you more inclined to wait? I'm going to go ahead and get them simply because I can't wait much longer.

I'm really curious about the episode called The Pilot 1-2. It could have something to do with Whit's recent getting his Pilot's license. And maybe it has to do with the other arc that is starting up? In any case, I'm really hoping that Jason appears in a bunch of episodes this season. It seems like he'll for sure be in LIfe Expectancy, but I don't remember. Can anyone back me up on this?
A. Yay! \:D/

B. I can back you up about the Pilot. :yes: I especially think it has to do with his license. =p And I'm hoping Jason will be in a lot of them, but I dunno. All I know is that he had better not start dating Connie.. >_>
TigerintheShadows wrote:Yeah, the wiki says Jason's in at least one of the Life Expectancy episodes.

Also: Jason's Blue-Dyed Nosehairs? ;)
That's Jason Whit's Son's ToO chat name. :P
merp.
TigerintheShadows

I see. Interesting choice. ;)
Samantha14 wrote:I especially think it has to do with his license.
//nodsvigorously

Continuity nod! \:D/
AIO tumblr sideblog
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Post by AshleyWhittaker »

AHHHHHHH AWESOME!!!