The Silver Chair — Movie Coming Soon!

Narnia Returns!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
The Silver Chair — Movie Coming Soon!

Post by American Eagle »

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=109641
The C.S. Lewis Company has entered into an agreement with The Mark Gordon Company to jointly develop and produce The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair, the fourth book published in C.S. Lewis' famed fantasy series. The announcement was made today by The C.S. Lewis Company.

Mark Gordon stated, "Like many readers, both young and old, I am a huge fan of C.S. Lewis's beautiful and allegorical world of Narnia. These fantasy stories inspire real-world passion among millions of devoted fans around the world. As we prepare to bring the next book to life, we are humbled and excited to contribute to the outstanding legacy of Narnia."

Douglas Gresham, stepson of C.S. Lewis stated, "I have a great deal of respect for Mark Gordon's work and am confident that together we can bring the beauty and magical delight that Narnia engenders in the hearts of those who read the books to the screen in 'The Silver Chair.' I am very much looking forward to diving once more into Narnia, this time with Mark Gordon and his team."

Mark Gordon and Douglas Gresham along with Vincent Sieber, the LA based Director of The C.S. Lewis Company, will serve as producers and work with The Mark Gordon Company on developing the script. Michele Wolkoff and Sara Smith will oversee for The Mark Gordon Company.

Vincent Sieber stated, "We are very excited by this partnership and to be able to work on this movie from its earliest conception on such a collaborative basis. It gives us the opportunity to develop a script and then produce a film with some of the most talented industry professionals whilst remaining completely faithful to this much loved book.”
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

About time! \:D/

YAY!

Till the end of the line.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

I'm so used to thinking of it as the second-to-last book in the series.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It is about darn time!
See, I knew they wouldn't do Magician's Nephew next.
They better get the same actors.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Well, none of the Pevensies are in Silver Chair, so they only have to get one actor: Eustace. I sincerely hope they do, I quite enjoyed his portrayal of Eustace. :)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Woody wrote:Well, none of the Pevensies are in Silver Chair
They shouldn't be, but you never know. They might do some kind of flashback or lead in scene.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Woody wrote:Well, none of the Pevensies are in Silver Chair, so they only have to get one actor: Eustace. I sincerely hope they do, I quite enjoyed his portrayal of Eustace. :)
None of them are these huge big time PAY ME LOTS OF MONIES actors, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're all back. Well, hopefully Liam Neeson will do Aslan...
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

They're going to change the name of the Lady of the Green Kirtle to the White Witch! She returns again! \:D/

Haha.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

American Eagle wrote:They're going to change the name of the Lady of the Green Kirtle to the White Witch! She returns again! \:D/

Haha.
](*,) Please no.

GIVE US A NEW VILLIAN. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY.

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay! I saw this earlier today and quickly checked the date and the source to make sure that it wasn't an April Fool's joke. ;) Obviously this movie won't actually be out for quite a while, but it's nice to know that it's coming.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I had almost given up hope of there ever being another Narnia movie. This is so exciting! \:D/
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

EMBEE wrote:I had almost given up hope of there ever being another Narnia movie.
The long wait was because Walden Media didn’t want it anymore. If another company wanted to take over, which they apparently did, they had to wait until the rights lapsed.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Ah, okay. I knew Walden Media wasn't going to do it, I just didn't know about the wait to get the rights.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

Yay! I'm so glad they're doing the Silver Chair next. It only makes sense, since it comes chronologically after Dawn Treader . I hope they have the same actor as Eustace, though he might be a little too old by the time it's made. :(
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I'm actually quite excited to see how this pans out. :yes: Voyage of the Dawn Treader and The Silver Chair were always my two favorite Narnia books, and having seen the former I really want to see what they do with the latter. (Also, can I just say that the name "Dawn Treader" isn't appreciated nearly enough? That's a freakin' awesome name for a ship!)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Amethystic wrote:I'm actually quite excited to see how this pans out. :yes: Voyage of the Dawn Treader and The Silver Chair were always my two favorite Narnia books, and having seen the former I really want to see what they do with the latter. (Also, can I just say that the name "Dawn Treader" isn't appreciated nearly enough? That's a freakin' awesome name for a ship!)
That is an amazing name, now that I think about it :)

I like the Silver Chair, so I'm happy to see it be made into a movie.

Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Finally! I can't wait til this movie come out. I really hope it's good. Mark Gordon has directed some pretty good movies, but I honestly was hoping Andrew Adamson would be able to continue with the Narnia series. He did such a good job with the first one and second one.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I hope they actually do this... and at least The Last Battle.

I dunno if the other two will ever survive to be made into a movie, though. >_>
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

The Top Crusader wrote:I hope they actually do this... and at least The Last Battle.

I dunno if the other two will ever survive to be made into a movie, though. >_>
They have to. They have to make all of them. A Horse and his Boy is my favorite; I've read it like 5 times.