734: Life Expectancy, Part 1

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How do you rate this episode?

5 stars
68%
4 stars
32%
3 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 star
No votes

Total votes: 19

jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I do not get the downloads unless there is no other option (Family Portraits), so I have been listening the "old fashioned" way, one episode at a time. I like that better. It reminds me of being in the US and listening in my old kitchen as I did saturday morning chores. Up until now, it has been okay, but with the 2-3 parters, I prefer to hear them all together and really appreciate how AIO has been releasing them without any breaks in the story. So, I will probably wait until either my hard copy arrives to hear the rest or until all three parts are on the online player. I see I will have the same problem with The Pilot. It is now October and I have my hallween playlist and soon the Time Change playlist to work through, so I shall be well occupied. I am also working my way through the June Kendall eps listed on AIOwiki, so that might be the best way to spend my AIO time until my hard copy arrives. :-)
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

Looked up Maggie Malooly and according to IMDB she was born in 1927. That makes her 86 today and 77 when she last appeared in an AIO episode. Man, I had no idea she was that old. Obviously, she has retired from acting and since AIO knew she would never return decided to write her off. It would have been impossible to do a flashback of Connie's and June's last weekend together but I really can't understand why they couldn't have put in a couple of flashbacks from past episodes. For me, it would have been more emotional to hear her voice again in relation to her passing away.
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I had no idea she was that old. I know they recorded her for the get in the show webcast.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

WindowWasher wrote:Looked up Maggie Malooly and according to IMDB she was born in 1927. That makes her 86 today and 77 when she last appeared in an AIO episode. Man, I had no idea she was that old. Obviously, she has retired from acting and since AIO knew she would never return decided to write her off. It would have been impossible to do a flashback of Connie's and June's last weekend together but I really can't understand why they couldn't have put in a couple of flashbacks from past episodes. For me, it would have been more emotional to hear her voice again in relation to her passing away.
Oh my, in that case it is definitely understandable. I will would have liked a "clip show" at least. Maybe we will hear some in the next two parts, or in the future. My grandmother passed away last year and though I live in Sweden and did not see her for the last 6 years, when I heard she died, so many memories of things she told me over the years came back. Maybe we will "hear" her through Connie in the next few episodes.

-- 05 Oct 2013 09:45 am --

The album arrived yesterday! And the album version of Life Expectancy, Part I is much better. I am now in Part 3. There was an extra extended scene in the album version of part 1 that finally led me to grieve with Connie. If someone is not sure they want to purchase the entire album I would highly recommend purchasing at least these eps through iTunes. I have all of the eps in Good Grief on a playlist but I am thinking of redoing that and adding Life Expectancy to it. Part 2 was great as well.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

I just realized today that the lady that was with June when she died was Mrs. Sutton. EDITH SUTTON from Here Today, Gone Tomorrow! I know I might be slow on this one, but surely I'm not the only one who didn't notice this.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I noticed it right away. :p I find it interesting that she would be having a Bible study with June. I never knew she was a Christian. ;)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I noticed that when I first listned as well. :yes:
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

Well I was the first to mention it. :P I was surprised too about mrs sutton attending bible study. It wasn't mentioned one way or another before, but its cool to learn another character's beliefs. It begs the question if Rudy will ever follow his mothers example.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Jason Whits Son wrote:I just realized today that the lady that was with June when she died was Mrs. Sutton. EDITH SUTTON from Here Today, Gone Tomorrow! I know I might be slow on this one, but surely I'm not the only one who didn't notice this.
I did not notice that at all, but then I do not know when (if ever) I have heard that episode.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Mrs. Sutton is also in Broken Armed and Dangerous as a friend of June.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

I noticed the name Mrs. Sutton instantly. I almost laughed during the worrisome part.
~ Walker in Dreams
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

JesusFreak777 wrote:Mrs. Sutton is also in Broken Armed and Dangerous as a friend of June.
I am listening through the June Kendall eps. Have not gotten to that one yet. :)
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden