Emotional Struggles

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Emotional Struggles

Post by ~JCGJ~ »

I've had a really rough weak, spiritually and emotionally, and it's really beginning to take its tole on me. I'll spare you the details, but the long and short of it is, I've been having some major doubts, fits of rage, and bouts of depression. I fear that I'm in the midst of some major spiritual warfare, likely concerning certain sins (one in particular) that I've been harboring for quite some time. If you would include me in your prayers, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Limerick
OK

Post by Limerick »

I am really sorry to hear that, JCGJ (or do you prefer JC? ~JCGJ~?) I have certainly been through periods of depression in the past, and this past couple days have been hard here too. A friend at church passed away in his sleep apparently without cause (he would have been 35 on January 1st...) and I will never be able to say goodbye... I came home Sunday night to witness (between midnight and 3am) a four alarm fire burn down the block next to me, causing so much smoke it was unbelievable, causing me to decide simply to get out of there (though, I and my apartment, are both fine.)

Through all of this though, watching all the community support (Echo Hose had to start turning away hot food donations as they received too much and now have almost a full room of clothing for the 30 people who were left homeless) and seeing friends come out of the woodwork in support of my friend.

Just know, we are always with you JCGJ. And we will certainly be praying for you and here to talk as you need us. Your friends are here and I also look forward to getting to know you better in the weeks, months, years ahead.
MustacheGirl
Gold Member

Post by MustacheGirl »

Right Limerick! I like to Encourage myself that I'm never alone sometimes, I know the feeling when you feel alone and empty and sad, But don't give up hope remember that God and your Family and friends will always be there for you. "Never give up hope because tomorrow there still might be some" Is what I tell myself when I'm down. There is also the people here too that will always support you, I'll support you too! So when you feel as if you're struggling just pray to God to give you guidance and peace, and always remember Jesus Loves You!
"If I were the rain that bind together the earth and sky, who in all eternity will never mingle, would I be able to bind the hearts of people together?"~Orihime Inoue
"All the people that get tossed about in history... I always hope they'll be reborn into a normal life... fall in love.. and end up living happily somewhere..."~France/Francis Bonnefoy
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm sorry to hear that things have been tough lately, and I will be praying that God will be speaking truth into your life and bringing you peace and a sense of his love for you. :hug: I actually did briefly the other day, but now it makes sense why you came to mind!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am very sorry to hear this. I will definitely be praying for you. Remember that you are loved and that you are never alone. Take hold of God and his precious promises during this difficult time.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Praying for you man. Life is too full of ups and downs.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

In case I haven't said it recently, or at all, you're pretty much always in my prayers. :hug:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon