Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

That's a good question. One I'm not totally sure of the answer to, yet. I see myself becoming involved full-time in a ministry, but I'm not sure how or which one...or more importantly, which one God wants me involved in. There is a directors position in Child Evangelism Fellowship that could be available to me in a couple years.....There are several other ministries, besides working at children's summer camps, I'm interested in, but I just don't know where I should go. I'm going to WOL to study God's Word and to further seek where God wants me. I feel He is leading me to WOL, so that's where I'm going.
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

God doesn't always show us the whole picture. The Bible is full of people that followed what little of God's will they knew until God showed it to them in full.

I can proudly say I don't have arthritis. My hand swelling will be treated with water therapy. We do unfortunately have suspected damage to my knee from years of untreated runners knee but I already knew about that.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

For the first time in months I have no homework. Yay spring break \:D/ ! On the downside my best friend is in Europe for the next week for band so my life will be a little less exciting for the next few weeks
Last edited by Graces4you on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

This is my last week before Spring Break! I am more than ready to have a breather from school for a while.

Until then, I have homework and tests and other important things to do

Till the end of the line.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I literally spent from 2PM-10:30PM writing up my thermodynamics lab report and I'm not even done yet! UGHHH. Such pain.
But that's okay! I'm super thankful I have the opportunity to study engineering and I want to make the most of it, even though it's sometimes difficult. I'm thankful that even though I was super sick this week I still managed to get everything done. I've made such good friends this year, and I'm happier than I've been in years. I could quite possibly be the happiest I've ever been in my life, which is so hard to believe. University, although very difficult and demanding and stressful, has actually been one of the best times of my life. This year, is so much better than last year too. I'm finally comfortable living away from home and have a routine and finally feel like I'm doing an alright job at being an adult.
Now I'm exhausted, so I think I'm going to take a shower, and then study until midnightish for my last midterm tomorrow! Almost free... until finals.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Yesterday afternoon we noticed water flowing through our yard, and found that the water main had broken in front of our neighbor's house. We called it in, and after a few hours all the water company people arrived to start working on it, and they worked long into the night to fix it. I'm glad they work long into the cold, dark night rather than leaving us without water until the next day and resuming when they've gotten sleep.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

It's Spring Break! \:D/

for me anyway, I don't know about the rest of you ;)

Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I just ate barbeque chips. Aren't you proud of me?

Yes you are, maggot.
he/him | a little stinker.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

DanP740 wrote:Yesterday afternoon we noticed water flowing through our yard, and found that the water main had broken in front of our neighbor's house. We called it in, and after a few hours all the water company people arrived to start working on it, and they worked long into the night to fix it. I'm glad they work long into the cold, dark night rather than leaving us without water until the next day and resuming when they've gotten sleep.
I wish our workers came that quickly. :)

I just found out that our local thrift store has a shelf dedicated to vintage books. I'm pretty happy, because the books look to be in fairly good condition. :D

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

We had some family over for Easter today, which was nice. It had been a while since I had seen some of the relatives that came. That's one of the nice things about holidays - getting to see the people who you don't usually have a chance to get together with! :D
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I finished my second year of engineering today! YAY! So excited. :)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm done with this semester! as of a few days ago.

:)

Now I just have to figure out my summer stuff. Which is proving to be difficult

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Congratulations, Anna and Shennifer! \:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Let's see... what's happened in my life since I was on here last? Well, I graduated from high school (maybe that had happened already), worked at a couple summer camps, went on a year long mission trip to Hawaii, ended up coming home early (it's complicated), which left me jobless and living with my parents again. Soon after that, my girlfriend and I broke up and my dog needed surgery and I had literally no money to pay for it with so, that was a pretty crummy spot to be in. But, my dog got better - he didn't need the surgery after all. I currently spend my time, looking for a job, working on a board game I designed (am designing, I guess) and considering converting to quakerism. Kind of pathetic but, hey... life will get better. 'Prisoner of hope' :)
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

My college semester is over! I got A's in both of my classes. I can now finally relax a little. :) I plan to work, volunteer, and read this summer.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yay for A's \:D/

The only thing remotely exciting that's happened to me recently is that I might be a community TA for Leiden University's Terrorism and Counterterrorism MOOC rerun in a few months. Maybe :p
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Working on my swimming skills so I can become certified as a lifeguard (as well as CPR and First Aid certified)
It's difficult sometimes, but hopefully I'll pass.

This summer I shall be a Counselor/Lifeguard at a camp I used to go to as kid/teen, if it all works out :)

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Marvin D. wrote:Yay for A's \:D/

The only thing remotely exciting that's happened to me recently is that I might be a community TA for Leiden University's Terrorism and Counterterrorism MOOC rerun in a few months. Maybe :p
Update: Was accepted. Training begins in three weeks and the course starts in September. Wheeee.

*panics*
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Life is... busy? That's pretty much been my standard answer to the question "how's life?" for the past few months. It's looking like school is going to be non stop until I graduate next year, (perks of homeschooling, I guess :P ) So, between writing assignments and chemistry equations, I decided to pop into a little corner of the internet known as the ToO. :)

@Sapphire: Congrats on the A's! That's always something to be happy about \:D/

Presently, life is consisting of a balancing act between working on exciting projects and being responsible and getting boring things done. Oh, and singing Disney songs. :yes: My upcoming voice recital is Disney themed, so we're all singing different songs from the movies. It's fun :)

@Marvin What exactly does that mean?
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

Shennifer wrote:Working on my swimming skills so I can become certified as a lifeguard (as well as CPR and First Aid certified)
It's difficult sometimes, but hopefully I'll pass.

This summer I shall be a Counselor/Lifeguard at a camp I used to go to as kid/teen, if it all works out :)

That's wonderful, Shennifer. :D I'm doing the exact same thing, actually. :P When will you be taking the lifeguarding course?
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9