The Legendary Term

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Limerick
OK

Post by Limerick »

Indeed, as others have mentioned, you can actually end up losing more money while editing than you gained for the initial post, even though you added to it.

I also have to say I concur that money is a good system, if anything, I think we should be trying to find more ways to use it rather than getting rid of it. As far as archiving the board itself, I don't think we are the same position the board was before. I don't think people aren't posting because they are afraid they will double post but because of issues with time and changes in our base core. The main users are growing up (not necessarily a bad thing), and new users don't necessarily identify as well with us as they could (not to say we haven't had a good influx of fresh blood, Samantha, Woody, and others have been valuable contributors, and there are many more I can name, but am sticking with the Admin teams at the moment :p) I can't pretend I have all the answers, but, I have to believe it lies along the lines of keeping what we have and injecting and interlacing both old and new.

An upgrade to the boards certainly could make sense, quite a big project there. What features are you planning on taking advantage of?

ETA: Speaking of the mobile version, any chance that could be made profile based? I would be quite happy to have the mobile version never load again *hides*
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

What about awhile back but too long ago, there was a place where you could put a blue link to a global announcement?
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Whoo! YES! Let's change things around here! Although, I'm not sure about archiving the board and rebooting - that could be risky, unless we have a large and dedicated number of posters up for it... Everything else though, sure! Why not?

I'm ok with losing the money now, because I am a poor plebeian anyway. But if you can find a way of making me really rich, then don't get rid of money.

EDIT: Hey! I've more money than I thought I did! Who knew that all those infrequent posts would accumulate?

So, no to the money changes.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I think we should adopt an oligarchy and let the rich decide what to do with the money \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

As an infrequent visitor I would not be opposed to the money system going away. I never really cared for it to begin with.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

I'm not opposed to the money changes. It doesn't seem to be much use. The only problem with that would be with Crestwood. It would either have to be deleted or overhauled if we don't have money.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*squashes the voice of the poor*

NOBODY TAKES AWAY MY HARD-EARNED MONEY :x
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer