Peggy Carter

A series, a movie, or neither?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Peggy Carter

Post by The Kings Daughter »

What is this? IMDb claims that it is likely to be a movie in 2015:

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?sort=y ... =2015,2015
Peggy Carter becomes a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent during WW2 after her boyfriend, Steve Rogers (Captain America) is feared dead in an explosion.
Whereas this site claims that a series, featuring Captain's Love, is in the making:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/30293/ ... -happening
Though a "Peggy Carter" series wasn't announced as part of the high-profile Marvel/Netflix deal last year, it was said Marvel was developing other potential TV properties outside of that agreement, including another series for ABC alongside "Agents of SHIELD".

Now, The Daily Mirror claims the series is a go with Atwell moving to Los Angeles for six months of filming. Their source says:

"This is a massive deal for both Hayley and Marvel comic fans. It's Marvel's major project of 2014, and it will be a big budget production. Hayley is absolutely thrilled to have the opportunity and is incredibly grateful to Marvel fans who have basically been campaigning for a spin-off show for the past six months. It means moving to LA for six months but her friends and family are all behind her, and this is a huge opportunity."
So is this the real deal, or fans hoping and spreading the 'news'? What do you think/do you have any sources?

*sincerely hoping on this side* ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, they already did a short film that's on the Iron Man 3 home media. \:D/

Definitely no movie, though, just a TV series.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Ooh, that's cool. Is it on youtube, I wonder? \:D/

Tv series would definitely be better than nothing. Honestly I'd be impressed if a World War Two series would be long in running, though. I mean, I would hope it would, I just can't see it competing with Agents of Shield. (I would rather it, but, I'm not the public opinion. ;) )

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

It's confirmed for the mid-season break of AoS. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm very curious to see where they're going with this, but I can see the potential for it to be really interesting. I need more information! :x
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It’s official, this is happening and will apparently be an eight episode series.

As with Agents of SHIELD, I plan to check this show out despite not knowing much about the movies surrounding it. I hope to be able to follow and enjoy it anyway, as I was with AoS.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

The movies are overall better than Agents of SHIELD ever was at it's best, with the possible exception of Iron Man 2, which was pretty lackluster. Go see all the movies now! :x

Winter Soldier especially ties closely into AoS.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

The Top Crusader wrote:The movies are overall better than Agents of SHIELD ever was at it's best,
This.

I'm really excited to see Agent Carter. ^^ For one thing, it's WW2 and she's still in love with Captain, so maybe it won't be all about who likes who. Also, the 1940s is an interesting decade. :)

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Have they said it's still going to be WWII? I hope so, that would be awesome! \:D/ I assumed the show would be taking place post-war but I've not looked into it at all, just going by the little Marvel One Shot which doesn't really have to play into it at all.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

The Top Crusader wrote:Have they said it's still going to be WWII? I hope so, that would be awesome! \:D/ I assumed the show would be taking place post-war but I've not looked into it at all, just going by the little Marvel One Shot which doesn't really have to play into it at all.
I guessed the time wrong, it'll be right after, twould seem.
It's 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life--Steve Rogers.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/5/10/224 ... z34N0lWtPo

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:Go see all the movies now! :x
If Top commands it, it must be done. I haven’t been avoiding the MCU, I just hadn’t gotten around to any of it yet. I’ve always planned to at some point, I just never made it an active priority. Now I have.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

bookworm wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Go see all the movies now! :x
If Top commands it, it must be done. I haven’t been avoiding the MCU, I just hadn’t gotten around to any of it yet. I’ve always planned to at some point, I just never made it an active priority. Now I have.
Good for you, bookworm. And I hope you enjoy the marvelous madness that is MCU \:D/

and I'm really hoping this series takes off because I think it could be great.

Till the end of the line.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah, they already did a short film that's on the Iron Man 3 home media. \:D/
I just watched this a few days ago! \:D/ I hadn't seen Iron Man 3 since seeing it in theatres, but I watched it the other day and really enjoyed the Peggy Carter short film thing that was part of the bonus features. As soon as I saw it listed, I thought of this thread and was glad that now I knew more about what was being talked about! I really liked the short film and watching it made me more interested in seeing the TV show when it's airing. I can see a lot of potential, though of course that doesn't always play out perfectly. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Now that I've seen Captain America I'm really excited to see this series. Before I had just wanted to check it out because it sounded interesting, but now I want to watch it because I want to watch it. Cap's storyline is my favorite branch of the Avengers saga, I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

-- 19 Sep 2014 12:45 pm --

I watched the Agent Carter one-shot. Cool stuff.
I understand this show will be sort of the same thing, showing her work with this group that led up to this incident here and her going to SHIELD.

Apparently they originally planned this to be a full length show, in which each season would focus on one particular mission she had. Now that it's a miniseries I'm not sure if that idea was changed or not. I kind of hope it was; it would be neat to follow the same mission along like that, but it would also be neat to get to see multiple adventures. Either way I'm sure it will be a fun show.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bump!

I watched season one when it originally aired (though obviously I didn't post about it) :anxious: but for some reason I didn't watch season two when it aired. I think maybe I missed the first episode or two and then didn't want to watch without that context. If the show was on Netflix I probably would have watched it a long time ago, but I finally broke down and bought both seasons of Agent Carter on Netflix this summer, and really enjoyed rewatching season one and finally seeing season two. It isn't a perfect show, but it had a lot of interesting characters and relationships, and I'm glad that I saw it! It's too bad that it was canceled and a season three was never made, since the finale left plenty of questions to be answered, but oh well.

Did anybody else watch this who also never got around to posting about it previously? I was thinking about it again a month or so ago when I saw Dunkirk in theatres, because the actor who plays Jarvis (James D'arcy) is in that movie in a British military role, and I decided that could be part of what Jarvis did during WWII. O:)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:Did anybody else watch this who also never got around to posting about it previously?
Nope; I never posted because I never saw it. I plan to get around to it soon, once I have time to catch up on lapsed SHIELD episodes also. It's funny you bumped this now because it was just on my mind to get back on track with the Marvel tv shows as soon as I'm able.

I'm still pretty excited to check it out whenever I finally can, as I was back then, I think it will be a fun show. Glad to hear it was decent.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yeah, if you like Marvel stuff I think you'll like this show! Post about it when you do watch it. :D

I only watched season one (give or take a few episode) of Agents of SHIELD, but from what I saw, I liked Agent Carter better. It's hard to judge because I haven't seen the whole show and it was a long time ago. It's another show that I'm sure I would have watched by now if it was on Netflix, but doesn't really seem quite good enough to want to buy.