Agents of SHIELD

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I definitely get what you're saying, bookworm. The way I see it is that Skye might hate Ward now, and think he's a terrible person, but it doesn't mean she's lost all her emotions. He meant something to her, once. And in a sense, he still does. And she's hurt by his betrayal. Anger at his actions wasn't her initial reaction; I'm willing to bet that a few other emotions came first.
Plus, Deathlock raises the question to Skye, when he affirms that yes, Ward is a murderer, but is she? Now, we know she isn't. And I don't think she'd want a life on her conscience, even if it was someone who has betrayed her. Besides, if she HAD let Ward die, they might've eventually hurt her or threatened more people she cared about (they might've had ways to get to them, for all Skye knew.) She certainly could've let Ward die, but I think (and this is only speculation) even though they needed her to unlock the drive, if they kill Ward they move to hurt her (not fatally, but just enough to get her to unlock the drive. They wouldn't kill her, seeing as the Clairvoyant wants her for some reason.

And this last thought doesn't have a whole lot basis in the show (visibly anyway), but maybe Skye thinks that by sparing Ward, he now owes her one, and she could use that to her advantage.

About Coulson, do you really think that just knowing what the side effects will be is what causes them? That makes it sound like it's purely in his head, and not based in reality.
Last edited by Shennifer on Tue May 06, 2014 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Till the end of the line.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Shennifer wrote:
About Coulson, do you really think that just knowing what the side effects will be is what causes them? That makes it sound like it's purely in his head, and not based in reality.
That's what they said. Yes it does sound that way, because I think that's the way it is. I don't think there are any physical side effects, or at least they are minimal, what does the damage is purely psychological. When they realize what's happened to them it drives them crazy. Because it is a pretty disturbing thing.
-- 12 May 2014 12:28 pm --

This was a pretty good episode.
The backstory on Ward filled out what made him who he is, but it wasn't exactly an explanation of who he is. It was the how he became this, not the why he became it. Which really is all there is, because he was pulled into HYDRA right off, so there wasn't a why, it was just all he always knew.

There's no way Fitz and Simmons go out like that. I'm not saying it's unthinkable they die at any point (I personally hope not, but it's a possibility) I'm saying if they do this isn't it. The characters are too important for that to be the end, if and when they're killed off they'll get a more dignified scene. So this was an emotion fail. Instead of being 'I don't believe it; no!' it was just 'This is temporary drama, just wait for next episode.' There wasn't even a fraction of a moment where I thought that could even possibly be the end, I know with certainty it's not. They have a tracking device, remember. They'll get fished out in the finale.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

If there are little to no physical effects, then there might be hope of helping the psychological effects and making sure the patient doesn't go off the deep end.

Can't wait for the finale. No, I don't think Fitz or Simmons will die at this point but in the future, who knows? This is a Joss Whedon show after all; have you seen any other Whedon shows, bookworm? Because then you would understand that character death and heartbreak is inevitable, along with awesome stories and characters

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I have not, but I am well aware of the infamy. That’s why I said it’s not inconceivable for them to die at some point, only that this isn’t it.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Infamy is a good word for it. In his other shows, he has waited until second, third, etc. seasons to kill off characters, but I recall at least one show where he killed someone in the first season

Season finale tonight! I'm stoked. are you stoked? Because you should be

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The whole series was worth it just for that shot of Nick Fury pulling up Simmons.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
Darth Vader is Luke's father
I haven't watched the last episode yet. I was sad that the fat guy hanging out at the hidden base was killed off a couple episodes ago, I was hoping he'd be a semi-regular. Wasn't he the voice of that cooking rat?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I thought the finale was wonderful. I look forward to the next season

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

The finale was amazing.
I love how May defeated Ward. I still want Ward to overcome though. So much potential storylines. Couldn't they remove all the cybernetics from Deathlock too? I mean, if they can do that for all the other random peons, wouldn't they do it for him too? I loved that shot of Nick picking up Simmons. That fat guy though. I don't know what to think. But uh-oh, I think Coulson's losing it. He's going crazy just like Garret. Which the last scene with him was HILARIOUS. I loved that. That 'splosion though.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

If you remove *all* the cybernetics from Deathlok, then he's no longer Deathlok. >_>

He's only a Marvel C-tier character at best, but it would be dumb to just make him not even be what he's known for. >_>
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Why did May throw away the Asgard staff? >_> It's the only thing that's been shown to give any kind of chance against a super soldier, surely they should have kept it to use again later.

I was very confused about what made Garrett go crazy and/or evolve. They said it was the drug, but it didn't do that to anyone else that took it.
Until the very end where now apparently Coulson is catching it. So is this, the mental enlightenment, the side effects that were referred to before?

I liked the episode itself, but once again the dialogue came off as extremely clunky to me. Even more than the last time; I was physically cringing here. And it wasn't just a few scenes like before either, this was just start to end bad.
The Top Crusader wrote:
I haven't watched the last episode yet. I was sad that the fat guy hanging out at the hidden base was killed off a couple episodes ago, I was hoping he'd be a semi-regular.
\:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, I finally got caught up. \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I’m curious what’s going to happen with Fitz’s character if there’s a second season. He’s going to have mental damage for quite a while, if not permanently, but I can’t see them remaking his role in the show to fit that, they would surely just drop him from the regular cast. But if that’s going to be the case, what was the point in having him survive? If he’s leaving the show, he should have died. Having him alive but not there is pointless isn’t it?
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

bookworm wrote:
I’m curious what’s going to happen with Fitz’s character if there’s a second season. He’s going to have mental damage for quite a while, if not permanently, but I can’t see them remaking his role in the show to fit that, they would surely just drop him from the regular cast. But if that’s going to be the case, what was the point in having him survive? If he’s leaving the show, he should have died. Having him alive but not there is pointless isn’t it?
I think, knowing Whedon's track record of turning favorite characters evil, Fitz will probably be a villain in future seasons.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Well it's back. They had better do Fitz right.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Hopefully they introduce The Whizzer this season.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I'm really excited for this show! This is an amazing show with so much potential. I hope it's around for awhile. And that Fitz is okay.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I think the season is off to a good start. The Skye and Ward scene was pretty perfect, in my opinion. Showing where they are both at now.

Coulson and everyone trying to rebuild the team.

Fitz hallucinating Jemma being there when she really isn't. (broke my heart)

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I'm pretty far behind, finally watched the first episode of Season 2, though.

I was all excited Xena/Ron Swanson's wife was added to the cast but they killed her off already. :(
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm liking season 2 a lot so far.

Can't wait for more