Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That makes more sense than a brand, but it is still a little odd, at least to me. Oh well. To each their own. ;)
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Nightcrawler #7 was mentioned in a discussion by me on cologne and deodorant with my friends yesterday.
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Today somebody quoted part of a Bible verse and said that they didn't know the reference, but I knew it right away because of AIO - it was Isaiah 41:10, as repeated several times in "Afraid, Not!" I always remember that reference, even though as a whole the episode isn't amazing.
The Mysterious
I've been here a bit

Post by The Mysterious »

The name of a former President of a certain Bible college is John Whittaker.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

So today I was watching the Boxcar Children movie. I'm an adult, gotta watch quality movies don't ya know!
And in the part with the baker's wife, I thought I recognized the voice. I looked it up and sure enough it was the voice of none other than Audrey Wasilewski! \:D/
Last edited by Old Brad on Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Audrey was also a voice in Over the Garden Wall, I saw, which is super cool!

Edit: So I started working at a government research facility yesterday, and there's a black cat and an orange cat, and today I asked their names.
They are "Black Cat" and "Orange Cat", respectively.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

While at a farmers market, I overheard two adults (and not young adults either) talking about listening to the radio while commuting. They both said they liked this "kids show that played at 4:30" and one said "Odyssey!" I nearly cracked up knowing what they were talking about. xD
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You're never too old for AIO! Very cute! :lol:

The other day I saw a kid that I know listens to AIO overhear somebody else mention Tel Aviv, and right away he perked up and said, "Oh, Tel Aviv....from The Search for Whit!" Yay for knowing stuff because of AIO!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Brad wrote:So today I was watching the Boxcar Children movie. I'm an adult, gotta watch quality movies don't ya know!
And in the part with the baker's wife, I thought I recognized the voice. I looked it up and sure enough it was the voice of none other than Audrey Wasilewski! \:D/
I never even knew there was a Boxcar Children movie...

EDIT: Oh. It's a cartoon :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

As a gas station cashier I interact with a lot of people coming and going from their jobs. Sometimes the uniform has a nametag. I looked up from one such interaction this past week to find out I was ringing up Whit and it made me smile. :yes:
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, nice! I love it! There can't be that many people with a nametag that says Whit out there!
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I'm trying to nurse my ancient computer through my final semester of college and I remarked to my sister that my computer "doesn't like the ToO" because I think it struggles with the snow theme and it makes it run really loudly. I found myself defending my loud computer by saying, "It just has personality!" And then I remembered Bernard's famous words: "It does NOT have quirks! It has... personality."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, I love it! Whenever you quote Bernard, you yourself have...personality. ;)
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

In my music history class we talked about the Fisk Jubilee Singers. I was fangirling so hard because I actually knew who they were. :mecry: Thank you Odyssey!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's amazing! I love it when I'm being taught about something or read about something and go, "I know that from Odyssey!" This is a bit more of an obscure thing too, so you probably seemed really impressive knowing about the group already.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Haha, love that, Ox! I've learned so many fun facts and useful information from Odyssey. :inlove:

=P
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I don't often watch it, but I've been watching a few clips from the at-home edition of The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon because his kids are really cute. They actually have a slide in their house labeled "exit," which of course makes me think of Wooton. :D And it also makes me wish I had a slide in my house. :(
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

I just listened to The Perfect Witness 3-parter today, and it reminded me that I know what "tenure" is because of this episode. I also thought the word was "tenyear" for like way too many years of my life. xD
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, that's great! That reminds me that I first heard of Manifest Destiny through AIO (thanks to "A Test for Robyn") as a kid, and I thought it was one word. Robyn says it kind of slurred together, and I had never heard of it before. (We learn about other stuff in Canada.) ;) When I first heard/saw it in context in a high school history class, it was a total revelation. :lol:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

So, I got an email notification today.

Somehow I don't think they will say "Go away bad dream. Boo!"
ImageImageImage
logos linked