Football Pool VI

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Thursday:
Tennessee @ Jacksonville
Saturday:
Philadelphia @ Washington
San Diego @ San Francisco
Sunday:
Minnesota @ Miami
Baltimore @ Houston
Detroit @ Chicago
Cleveland @ Carolina
Atlanta @ New Orleans
Green Bay @ Tampa Bay
Kansas City @ Pittsburgh
New England @ New York Jets
New York Giants @ St. Louis
Buffalo @ Oakland
Indianapolis @ Dallas
Seattle @ Arizona
Monday:
Denver @ Cincinnati :(
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Thursday:
Tennessee @ Jacksonville

Saturday:
Philadelphia @ Washington
San Diego @ San Francisco

Sunday:
Minnesota @ Miami
Baltimore @ Houston
Detroit @ Chicago
Cleveland @ Carolina
Atlanta @ New Orleans
Green Bay @ Tampa Bay
Kansas City @ Pittsburgh
New England @ New York Jets
New York Giants @ St. Louis
Buffalo @ Oakland
Indianapolis @ Dallas
Seattle @ Arizona

Monday:
Denver @ Cincinnati
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Week 15 results:

bookworm - 13 correct
AE - 13 correct
Top - 12 correct
Laura 10 correct

If AE sent a tiebreaker we’ll need to see who was closest, otherwise bookworm wins.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

My week 15 TCS was 50...
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

As was mine it seems. When did you send yours in?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:16 pm

And you?

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

10 Dec 2014 05:27 pm, Pacific Time. I assume yours is Eastern? Doesn't really matter, mine was earlier either way. TCS is first come first serve so had Ryder been active he would have informed you you needed to change, what would you have given as your second guess? (No peeking at the game! :x )
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Oh man, I really have no idea. I'm not sure how this is handled... I don't mind conceding the weekly pool, if that is protocol. >_>

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Since I haven't been playing for the past monthish you can start sending the TCS's to me (For one week. :P) if you want a non-involved party.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:I don't mind conceding the weekly pool, if that is protocol.
No no, we can figure it out. :)
You’re informed someone else already took 50 points and have to change your guess. Would you have gone higher or lower?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I don't mind conceding the weekly pool, if that is protocol.
No no, we can figure it out. :)
You’re informed someone else already took 50 points and have to change your guess. Would you have gone higher or lower?
I would go lower because I looked at the score a few days ago and I saw that it was lower than 50. (That's why that can't work.)

The posted rules say:
Q: What if they both end up guessing the same number?

A: Well, it's first come, first serve. The other person will have to guess another number
This is really clear except for the fact that Ryder never notified me that my guess was taken, and therefore, I didn't have a chance to change it before the game was played.

Maybe it would be best if we tie?

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:I would go lower because I looked at the score a few days ago
No, not what would you do now, what would you have done then? Forget about the score and put yourself in the mindset of back in that week; would you have changed your guess to 49 or 51? I'll take your word on it. It's not a huge deal, there were only four playing. :P I appreciate your transparency though.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The solution is to declare me the winner.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I would go lower because I looked at the score a few days ago
No, not what would you do now, what would you have done then? Forget about the score and put yourself in the mindset of back in that week; would you have changed your guess to 49 or 51? I'll take your word on it. It's not a huge deal, there were only four playing. :P I appreciate your transparency though.
The problem is that I don't know how past me would have reacted to something that did not happen. I only can possibly know how I would react right now. And I can't make a fair choice now, because I'm influenced by the desire to win and the desire to not look like a cheater. ;) I truthfully don't know what TCS I would have picked if 50 was unavailable, and if I give you a number now, I would only be trying to make this problem go away.

Therefore, Top should clearly be declared winner of everything. \:D/

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I can put myself in the mindset of what I would have done, I'm not sure why it seems so impossible for you, but whatever. Let's just pretend my TCS was the later then.
I would have been asked to repick and would have changed to 51.

-- 23 Dec 2014 07:48 pm --

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMERICAN EAGLE FOR WINNING WEEK 15's FOOTBALL POOL!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

The results are as follows:

AE - 13 correct (TCS: 50; Score: 46)
bookworm - 13 correct (TCS: 51)
Top - 12 correct
Laura 10 correct
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Hahaha you're crazy. If we ever actually win any prize money from the week, I'm donating half of it to you. \:D/ In my eyes, we tied.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'm not crazy, I know that's what I would have done because I always have a second TCS in mind, or at least whether I would go higher or lower, in case I need to make a different guess. I would have gone higher here because I expected the game to be highscoring. (And it was, just not quite that high.) I never turn money down though if you really want to give me some. ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Sounds good. ;) I was being sarcastic when I called you crazy.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Cumulative Pool standings:

bookworm - 165
Top - 155
AE - 154
Laura - 138
KF - 83
Ryder - 79
Eugene - 16

-- 26 Dec 2014 02:24 pm --

Week 17:

Sunday:
Carolina @ Atlanta
Cleveland @ Baltimore
Dallas @ Washington
Indianapolis @ Tennessee
Detroit @ Green Bay
Jacksonville @ Houston
San Diego @ Kansas City
New York Jets @ Miami
Chicago @ Minnesota
Buffalo @ New England
Philadelphia @ New York Giants
New Orleans @ Tampa Bay
Oakland @ Denver
Arizona @ San Francisco
St. Louis @ Seattle
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Do the playoffs count for the cumulative picks?

Week 17:

Sunday:
Carolina @ Atlanta
Cleveland @ Baltimore
Dallas @ Washington
Indianapolis @ Tennessee
Detroit @ Green Bay
Jacksonville @ Houston
San Diego @ Kansas City
New York Jets @ Miami
Chicago @ Minnesota
Buffalo @ New England
Philadelphia @ New York Giants
New Orleans @ Tampa Bay
Oakland @ Denver
Arizona @ San Francisco
St. Louis @ Seattle
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh