ToO Boardie Awards 2014 Questions/Discussion Thread

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Don't kill me but I updated the 'Chatting' category to 'ToO Chat Room' (so it's clear it is relating to the chat room. And for the man and women of the year I put 'User of the Year'
ToO Chat Room
Most Talkative Chatter:
Craziest Chatter:
Most Dedicated Chatter:
Most Reserved Chatter:
User of the Year
Man of the Year: (must be a member for more than 1 year)
Woman of the Year: (must be a member for more than 1 year)
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

. .*kills snubs*

Thank you :p
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Marvin D. wrote:. .*kills snubs*
Called it.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Even though the end result was desirable, you really shouldn't have done that. You should have asked Marvin or me.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

bookworm wrote:Even though the end result was desirable, you really shouldn't have done that. You should have asked Marvin or me.
But me and Marvin are cool like that. We flow. Aaannnd, it's not like I added or took out any categories. Feel free to change them back or edit what I put.

I think we (you) should always encourage people to suggest categories. That way, eventually we'll have a really good list overall. Then we'll either have new ones for the next year. Or be able to replace some (take some out that aren't really needed) to make the list as a whole better.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

To your first paragraph, I'm not changing it back because as I said the change is desirable; but the point is you shouldn't have taken it upon yourself to go and make the change just because you could, even if you were sure the poster would be okay with it. It's against the moderator code of conduct, just like in any other thread. You don't just go and edit without permission.

To your second, I shouldn't do that, again I have no influence or involvement behind the scenes, I am simply the public host this year. Marvin should do that perhaps, but he kind of already does. He took input received last year and used it to revise some categories, he took input in this thread and added some new ones...
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I never fully do things; I just "kind of" do things. .like bookworm said, I removed some categories and added some based on what the suggestions brought forth by the public; everyone is more than welcome to post suggestions here or PM me.

And get to voting :x Don't wait until the last minute like some of you did last year, and get your inactive ToOer friends to return as well \:D/

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Marvin D. wrote:And get to voting :x Don't wait until the last minute like some of you did last year, and get your inactive ToOer friends to return as well \:D/
I have really been trying to push people to vote (even if that don't fill out the whole thing). I'M DOING MY PART.

IT IS YOUR ACTIVE DUTY AS A ToO MEMBER, PEOPLE. And to those of you who are not going to vote..I know who you are.. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THE ToO WILL DIE, BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE *YOU*. THE PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO GET INVOLVED AND CONTRIBUTE. I am serious about this.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

snubs wrote:even if that don't fill out the whole thing
Yes, it's important for people to realize they don't need to do the whole thing, just the ones they have input for.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

snubs wrote:IT IS YOUR ACTIVE DUTY AS A ToO MEMBER, PEOPLE. And to those of you who are not going to vote..I know who you are.. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THE ToO WILL DIE, BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE *YOU*. THE PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO GET INVOLVED AND CONTRIBUTE. I am serious about this.
Did you just copy and paste that when you told me? Because that sounds so much like what you told me.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Whitty Whit wrote:
snubs wrote:IT IS YOUR ACTIVE DUTY AS A ToO MEMBER, PEOPLE. And to those of you who are not going to vote..I know who you are.. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THE ToO WILL DIE, BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE *YOU*. THE PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO GET INVOLVED AND CONTRIBUTE. I am serious about this.
Did you just copy and paste that when you told me? Because that sounds so much like what you told me.
NO. Just from memory. =p I made that speech to a couple people now, and I thought I'd share it with everyone else. O=]

@Marvin: I'm going to assume that 'Man and Woman of the Year' is a high honors category. So, I was thinking, to make it more special, one would have to say why they are voting/nominating that particular member. Just something to think about for the future.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*awards snubs Motivator Sticker*

Yes, Man/Woman of the Year are the more unique categories--I'll try to remember this \:D/

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I changed ‘User of the Year’ to ‘Member of the Year’ because it’s more proper, then made it plural to be clear you can make a nomination for both the man and woman.

I also cleaned up the description of Best Set.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

We need a "Best Dressed" award for me and my bow tie to win :mrgreen:
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Rather for me and my bow tie, Woody. I pretty much guarantee that mine is bigger. And as they say, bigger is better. :yes: ;)
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

* response to this post, merged into correct thread

Aww, thanks for taking the time to tell us why you made the choices you did! It makes this much more meaningful.