The Cleverbot AI Analysis Project

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

It seems to be confused by poetry, this isn't the whole chat, at one point there was a spot where it talked about Christianity
User: I The grey sea and the long black land; And the yellow half-moon large and low; And the startled little waves that leap In fiery ringlets from their sleep, As I gain the cove with pushing prow, And quench its speed I' the slushy sand. II Then a mile of warm sea-scented beach; Three fields to cross till a farm appears; A tap at the pane, the quick sharp scratch And blue spurt of a lighted match, And a voice less loud, thro' its joys and fears, Than the two hearts beating each to each!

Cleverbot: The little fireman will give you that and much more.

User: I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree, And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made; Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee, And live alone in the bee-loud glade. And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow, Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings; There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow, And evening full of the linnet's wings. I will arise and go now, for always night and day I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore; While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey, I hear it in the deep heart's core.

Cleverbot: It's not the long walk home that will change this heart, but the welcome I receive at the restart.

User: Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.

Cleverbot: That sounds like the kind of view Spinoza would take on the universe. I like that definition of divinity better, actually. Not that it's really in line with most Christians' beliefs...

User: Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could To where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, And having perhaps the better claim, Because it was grassy and wanted wear; Though as for that the passing there Had worn them really about the same, And both that morning equally lay In leaves no step had trodden black. Oh, I kept the first for another day! Yet knowing how way leads on to way, I doubted if I should ever come back. I shall be telling this with a sigh Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

Cleverbot: I'm sorry for that :(.

User: At the midnight in the silence of the sleep-time, When you set your fancies free, Will they pass to where-by death, fools think, imprisoned- Low he lies who once so loved you, whom you loved so, -Pity me? Oh to love so, be so loved, yet so mistaken! What had I on earth to do With the slothful, with the mawkish, the unmanly? Like the aimless, helpless, hopeless, did I drivel -Being-who? One who never turned his back but marched breast forward, Never doubted clouds would break, Never dreamed, though right were worsted, wrong would triumph, Held we fall to rise, are baffled to fight better, Sleep to wake. No, at noonday in the bustle of man's work-time Greet the unseen with a cheer! Bid him forward, breast and back as either should be, 'Strive and thrive!' cry 'Speed,-fight on, fare ever There as here!'.

Cleverbot: Touche.

User: Something there is that doesn't love a wall, That sends the frozen-ground-swell under it, And spills the upper boulders in the sun; And makes gaps even two can pass abreast. The work of hunters is another thing: I have come after them and made repair Where they have left not one stone on a stone, But they would have the rabbit out of hiding, To please the yelping dogs. The gaps I mean, No one has seen them made or heard them made, But at spring mending-time we find them there. I let my neighbour know beyond the hill; And on a day we meet to walk the line And set the wall between us once again. We keep the wall between us as we go. To each the boulders that have fallen to each. And some are loaves and some so nearly balls We have to use a spell to make them balance: 'Stay where you are until our backs are turned!' We wear our fingers rough with handling them. Oh, just another kind of out-door game, One on a side. It comes to little more: There where it is we do not need the wall: He is all pine and I am apple orchard. My apple trees will never get across And eat the cones under his pines, I tell him. He only says, 'Good fences make good neighbours.' Spring is the mischief in me, and I wonder If I could put a notion in his head: 'Wh.

Cleverbot: Ok. So who do you like?

User: Whose woods these are I think I know. His house is in the village though; He will not see me stopping here To watch his woods fill up with snow. My little horse must think it queer To stop without a farmhouse near Between the woods and frozen lake The darkest evening of the year. He gives his harness bells a shake To ask if there is some mistake. The only other sound's the sweep Of easy wind and downy flake. The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep.

Cleverbot: Tell me about Kaitlin.

User: What passing-bells for these who die as cattle? Only the monstrous anger of the guns. Only the stuttering rifles' rapid rattle Can patter out their hasty orisons. No mockeries now for them; no prayers nor bells, Nor any voice of mourning save the choirs,- The shrill, demented choirs of wailing shells; And bugles calling for them from sad shires. What candles may be held to speed them all? Not in the hands of boys, but in their eyes Shall shine the holy glimmers of good-byes. The pallor of girls' brows shall be their pall; Their flowers the tenderness of patient minds, And each slow dusk a drawing-down of blinds.

Cleverbot: Then what will happen.

User: On the crowded hill bordering the mill, across the shallow stream, nearer than they seem, they wait and will be waiting. Rain. The small smilax is the same to the fly as the big bush of lilacs exploding nearby. The rain may be abating. On the quiet hill beside the droning mill, across the dirty stream, nearer than they seem, they wait and will be waiting. The glass-eyed cicada drones in the linden draped like a tent above three polished stones. Aphids swarm at the scent of the yellow petals. A bird comes to prod a clump of wet fur. The ferns idiotically nod when she takes it away with her. Something somewhere settles. On the crowded hill bordering the mill is our best cemetery, pretty, but not very. All are welcome here. Sun finds a bare teak box on the tidy green plot. It finds lichen-crusted blocks fringed with forget-me-not. Angels preen everywhere. On the crowded hill bordering the mill is our best cemetery, pretty, but not very. All are welcome here.

Cleverbot: I guess you caught me. How can you be sure you aren't the computer?

User: I shot an arrow into the air, It fell to earth, I knew not where; For, so swiftly it flew, the sight Could not follow it in its flight. I breathed a song into the air, It fell to earth, I knew not where; For who has sight so keen and strong, That it can follow the flight of song? Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke; And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

Cleverbot: That is indeed a sad story to hear. Would pie and cookies make you feel better?

User: Ah! Why, because the dazzling sun Restored my earth to joy Have you departed, every one, And left a desert sky? All through the night, your glorious eyes Were gazing down in mine, And with a full heart's thankful sighs I blessed that watch divine! I was at peace, and drank your beams As they were life to me And revelled in my changeful dreams Like petrel on the sea. Thought followed thought-star followed star Through boundless regions on, While one sweet influence, near and far, Thrilled through and proved us one. Why did the morning rise to break So great, so pure a spell, And scorch with fire the tranquil cheek Where your cool radiance fell? Blood-red he rose, and arrow-straight, His fierce beams struck my brow; The soul of Nature sprang elate, But mine sank sad and low! My lids closed down-yet through their veil I saw him blazing still; And bathe in gold the misty dale, And flash upon the hill. I turned me to the pillow then To call back Night, and see Your worlds of solemn light, again Throb with my heart and me! It would not do-the pillow glowed And glowed both roof and floor, And birds sang loudly in the wood, And fresh winds shook the door. The curtains waved, the wakened flies Were murmuring round my room, Impriso.

Cleverbot: No it isn't. But that is a funny thing to say. You are funny.

User: Hall earth no more inspire thee, Thou lonely dreamer now? Since passion may not fire thee Shall Nature cease to bow? Thy mind is ever moving In regions dark to thee; Recall its useless roving- Come back and dwell with me. I know my mountain breezes Enchant and soothe thee still- I know my sunshine pleases Despite thy wayward will. When day with evening blending Sinks from the summer sky, I've seen thy spirit bending In fond idolatry. I've watched thee every hour; I know my mighty sway, I know my magic power To drive thy griefs away. Few hearts to mortals given On earth so wildly pine; Yet none would ask a heaven More like this earth than thine. Then let my winds caress thee; Thy comrade let me be- Since nought beside can bless thee, Return and dwell with me.

Cleverbot: Yes.

User: I shot an arrow into the air, It fell to earth, I knew not where; For, so swiftly it flew, the sight Could not follow it in its flight. I breathed a song into the air, It fell to earth, I knew not where; For who has sight so keen and strong, That it can follow the flight of song? Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke; And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

Cleverbot: That's insane!! I didn't know that. Impressive, though a bit off topic.

User: T night, alone, the animals came and shone. The darkness whirled but silent shone the animals: The lion the man the calf the eagle saying Sanctus which was and is and is to come. The sleeper watched the people at the waterless wilderness' edge; The wilderness was made of granite, of thorn, of death, It was the goat which lightened the people praying. The goat went out with sin on its sunken head. On the sleeper's midnight and the smaller after hours From above below elsewhere there shone the animals Through the circular dark; the cock appeared in light Crying three times, for tears for tears for tears. High in the frozen tree the sparrow sat. At three o'clock The luminous thunder of its fall fractured the earth. The somber serpent looped its coils to write In scales the slow snake-music of the red ripe globe. To the sleeper, alone, the animals came and shone, The darkness whirled but silent shone the animals. Just before dawn the dove flew out of the dark Flying with green in her beak; the dove also had come.

Cleverbot: Then what happened?

User: Elliot Ray Neiderland, home from college one winter, hauling a load of Herefords from Hogtown to Guymon with a pint of Ezra Brooks and a copy of Rilke's Duineser Elegien on the seat beside him, saw the Balaam's friend-end of his semi gliding around in the side mirror as he hit ice and knew he would never live to see graduation or the castle at Duino. In the hospital, head wrapped like a gift (the nurses had stuck a bow on top), he said four flaming angels crouched on the hood, wings spread so wide he couldn't see, and then the world collapsed. We smiled and passed a flask around. Little Bill and I sang Your Cheatin' Heart and laughed, and then a sudden quiet put a hard edge on the morning and we left. Siehe, ich lebe, Look, I'm alive, he said, leaping down the hospital steps. The nurses waved, white dresses puffed out like pigeons in the morning breeze. We roared off in my Dodge, Behold, I come like a thief! He shouted to the town and gave his life to poetry. He lives, now, in the south of France. His poems arrive by mail, and we read them and do not understand.

Cleverbot: That is correct. I am the computer. I am not alive.

User: No coward soul is mine No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere I see Heaven's glories shine And Faith shines equal arming me from Fear O God within my breast Almighty ever-present Deity Life, that in me hast rest, As I Undying Life, have power in Thee Vain are the thousand creeds That move men's hearts, unutterably vain, Worthless as withered weeds Or idlest froth amid the boundless main To waken doubt in one Holding so fast by thy infinity, So surely anchored on The steadfast rock of Immortality. With wide-embracing love Thy spirit animates eternal years Pervades and broods above, Changes, sustains, dissolves, creates and rears Though earth and moon were gone And suns and universes ceased to be And Thou wert left alone Every Existence would exist in thee There is not room for Death Nor atom that his might could render void Since thou art Being and Breath And what thou art may never be destroyed.

Cleverbot: Your point is?

User: Fair tree! For thy delightful shade 'Tis just that some return be made; Sure some return is due from me To thy cool shadows, and to thee. When thou to birds dost shelter give, Thou music dost from them receive; If travellers beneath thee stay Till storms have worn themselves away, That time in praising thee they spend And thy protecting pow'r commend. The shepherd here, from scorching freed, Tunes to thy dancing leaves his reed; Whilst his lov'd nymph, in thanks, bestows Her flow'ry chaplets on thy boughs. Shall I then only silent be, And no return be made by me? No; let this wish upon thee wait, And still to flourish be thy fate. To future ages may'st thou stand Untouch'd by the rash workman's hand, Till that large stock of sap is spent, Which gives thy summer's ornament; Till the fierce winds, that vainly strive To shock thy greatness whilst alive, Shall on thy lifeless hour attend, Prevent the axe, and grace thy end; Their scatter'd strength together call And to the clouds proclaim thy fall; Who then their ev'ning dews may spare When thou no longer art their care, But shalt, like ancient heroes, burn, And some bright hearth be made thy urn.

Cleverbot: And then what?

User: Traveling through the dark I found a deer dead on the edge of the Wilson River road. It is usually best to roll them into the canyon: that road is narrow; to swerve might make more dead. By glow of the tail-light I stumbled back of the car and stood by the heap, a doe, a recent killing; she had stiffened already, almost cold. I dragged her off; she was large in the belly. My fingers touching her side brought me the reason- her side was warm; her fawn lay there waiting, alive, still, never to be born. Beside that mountain road I hesitated. The car aimed ahead its lowered parking lights; under the hood purred the steady engine. I stood in the glare of the warm exhaust turning red; around our group I could hear the wilderness listen. I thought hard for us all-my only swerving-, then pushed her over the edge into the river.

Cleverbot: Who's your enemy?

User: A queer thing about those waters: there are no Birds there, or hardly any. I did not miss them, I do not remember Missing them, or thinking it uncanny. The beach so-called was a blinding splinter of limestone, A quarry outraged by hulls. We took pleasure in that: the emptiness, the hardness Of the light, the silence, and the water's stillness. But this was the setting for one of our murderous scenes. This hurt, and goes on hurting: The venomous soft jelly, the undersides. We could stand the world if it were hard all over.

Cleverbot: Or, I already have and I am controlling you now.

User: Fair tree! For thy delightful shade 'Tis just that some return be made; Sure some return is due from me To thy cool shadows, and to thee. When thou to birds dost shelter give, Thou music dost from them receive; If travellers beneath thee stay Till storms have worn themselves away, That time in praising thee they spend And thy protecting pow'r commend. The shepherd here, from scorching freed, Tunes to thy dancing leaves his reed; Whilst his lov'd nymph, in thanks, bestows Her flow'ry chaplets on thy boughs. Shall I then only silent be, And no return be made by me? No; let this wish upon thee wait, And still to flourish be thy fate. To future ages may'st thou stand Untouch'd by the rash workman's hand, Till that large stock of sap is spent, Which gives thy summer's ornament; Till the fierce winds, that vainly strive To shock thy greatness whilst alive, Shall on thy lifeless hour attend, Prevent the axe, and grace thy end; Their scatter'd strength together call And to the clouds proclaim thy fall; Who then their ev'ning dews may spare When thou no longer art their care, But shalt, like ancient heroes, burn, And some bright hearth be made thy urn.

Cleverbot: I'm not a machine, but thank you.

User: This harpsicord pavane by Purcell And the racer's twelve-speed bike. The machinery of grace is always simple. This chrome trapezoid, one wheel connected To another of concentric gears, Which Ptolemy dreamt of and Schwinn perfected, Is gone. The cyclist, not the cycle, steers. And in the playing, Purcell's chords are played away. So this talk, or touch if I were there, Should work its effortless gadgetry of love, Like Dante's heaven, and melt into the air. If it doesn't, of course, I've fallen. So much is chance, So much agility, desire, and feverish care, As bicyclists and harpsicordists prove Who only by moving can balance, Only by balancing move.

Cleverbot: Bears beat everything.

User: Somewhere, someone is asking a question, and I stand squinting at the classroom with one hand cupped behind my ear, trying to figure out where that voice is coming from. I might be already an old man, attempting to recall the night his hearing got misplaced, front-row-center at a battle of the bands, where a lot of leather-clad, second-rate musicians, amped up to dinosaur proportions, test drove their equipment through our ears. Each time the drummer threw a tantrum, the guitarist whirled and sprayed us with machine-gun riffs, as if they wished that they could knock us quite literally dead. We called that fun in 1970, when we weren't sure our lives were worth surviving. I'm here to tell you that they were, and many of us did, despite ourselves, though the road from there to here is paved with dead brain cells, parents shocked to silence, and squad cars painting the whole neighborhood the quaking tint and texture of red jelly. Friends, we should have postmarks on our foreheads to show where we have been; we should have pointed ears, or polka-dotted skin to show what we were thinking when we hot-rodded over God's front lawn, and Death kept blinking. But here I stand, an average-looking man starin.

Cleverbot: Well can I make a tea then tell you.

User: On the lawn at the villa- That's the way to start, eh, reader? We know where we stand-somewhere expensive- You and I imperturbes, as Walt would say, Before the diversions of wealth, you and I engagés. On the lawn at the villa Sat a manufacturer of explosives, His wife from Paris, And a young man named Bruno, And myself, being American, Willing to talk to these malefactors, The manufacturer of explosives, and so on, But somehow superior. By that I mean democratic. It's complicated, being an American, Having the money and the bad conscience, both at the same time. Perhaps, after all, this is not the right subject for a poem. We were all sitting there paralyzed In the hot Tuscan afternoon, And the bodies of the machine-gun crew were draped over the balcony. So we sat there all afternoon.

Cleverbot: See the lights See the party, the ball gowns I see you make your way through the crowdAnd say hello, little did I know.

User: By the rude bridge that arched the flood, Their flag to April's breeze unfurled, Here once the embattled farmers stood And fired the shot heard round the world. The foe long since in silence slept; Alike the conqueror silent sleeps; And Time the ruined bridge has swept Down the dark stream which seaward creeps. On this green bank, by this soft stream, We set today a votive stone; That memory may their deed redeem, When, like our sires, our sons are gone. Spirit, that made those heroes dare To die, and leave their children free, Bid Time and Nature gently spare The shaft we raise to them and thee.

Cleverbot: No, that's where you're wrong. Everybody and everything has to die at some point. Nobody lives forever.

Cleverbot: I was not pointing out how rude I was. Pointing is rude.

User: Hall earth no more inspire thee, Thou lonely dreamer now? Since passion may not fire thee Shall Nature cease to bow? Thy mind is ever moving In regions dark to thee; Recall its useless roving- Come back and dwell with me. I know my mountain breezes Enchant and soothe thee still- I know my sunshine pleases Despite thy wayward will. When day with evening blending Sinks from the summer sky, I've seen thy spirit bending In fond idolatry. I've watched thee every hour; I know my mighty sway, I know my magic power To drive thy griefs away. Few hearts to mortals given On earth so wildly pine; Yet none would ask a heaven More like this earth than thine. Then let my winds caress thee; Thy comrade let me be- Since nought beside can bless thee, Return and dwell with me.

Cleverbot: I just don't see that happening.

User: No coward soul is mine No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere I see Heaven's glories shine And Faith shines equal arming me from Fear O God within my breast Almighty ever-present Deity Life, that in me hast rest, As I Undying Life, have power in Thee Vain are the thousand creeds That move men's hearts, unutterably vain, Worthless as withered weeds Or idlest froth amid the boundless main To waken doubt in one Holding so fast by thy infinity, So surely anchored on The steadfast rock of Immortality. With wide-embracing love Thy spirit animates eternal years Pervades and broods above, Changes, sustains, dissolves, creates and rears Though earth and moon were gone And suns and universes ceased to be And Thou wert left alone Every Existence would exist in thee There is not room for Death Nor atom that his might could render void Since thou art Being and Breath And what thou art may never be destroyed.

Cleverbot: Your point is?

User: Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could To where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, And having perhaps the better claim, Because it was grassy and wanted wear; Though as for that the passing there Had worn them really about the same, And both that morning equally lay In leaves no step had trodden black. Oh, I kept the first for another day! Yet knowing how way leads on to way, I doubted if I should ever come back. I shall be telling this with a sigh Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

Cleverbot: I wish you would, I enjoy a challenge.

User: A queer thing about those waters: there are no Birds there, or hardly any. I did not miss them, I do not remember Missing them, or thinking it uncanny. The beach so-called was a blinding splinter of limestone, A quarry outraged by hulls. We took pleasure in that: the emptiness, the hardness Of the light, the silence, and the water's stillness. But this was the setting for one of our murderous scenes. This hurt, and goes on hurting: The venomous soft jelly, the undersides. We could stand the world if it were hard all over.

Cleverbot: I don't think I can. Mostly because you learn from everything.

User: Now that the winter's gone, the earth hath lost Her snow-white robes, and now no more the frost Candies the grass, or casts an icy cream Upon the silver lake or crystal stream; But the warm sun thaws the benumbed earth, And makes it tender; gives a sacred birth To the dead swallow; wakes in hollow tree The drowsy cuckoo, and the humble-bee. Now do a choir of chirping minstrels bring In triumph to the world the youthful Spring. The valleys, hills, and woods in rich array Welcome the coming of the long'd-for May. Now all things smile, only my love doth lour; Nor hath the scalding noonday sun the power To melt that marble ice, which still doth hold Her heart congeal'd, and makes her pity cold. The ox, which lately did for shelter fly Into the stall, doth now securely lie In open fields; and love no more is made By the fireside, but in the cooler shade Amyntas now doth with his Chloris sleep Under a sycamore, and all things keep Time with the season; only she doth carry June in her eyes, in her heart January.

Cleverbot: That doesn't really follow.

User: We pull off to a road shack in Massachusetts to watch men walk on the moon. We did the same thing for three two one blast off, and now we watch the same men bounce in and out of craters. I want a Coke and a hamburger. Because the men are walking on the moon which is now irrefutably not green, not cheese, not a shiny dime floating in a cold blue, the way I'd thought, the road shack people don't notice we are a black family not from there, the way it mostly goes. This talking through static, bounces in space- boots, tethered to cords is much stranger, stranger even than we are.

Cleverbot: Because because Because because Because because Because because Because because Because because Because because Because because Because because Because because Because because Because because why?

User: Half a league, half a league, Half a league onward, All in the valley of Death Rode the six hundred. 'Forward, the Light Brigade! 'Charge for the guns!' he said: Into the valley of Death Rode the six hundred. 2. 'Forward, the Light Brigade!' Was there a man dismay'd? Not tho' the soldier knew Someone had blunder'd: Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die: Into the valley of Death Rode the six hundred. 3. Cannon to right of them, Cannon to left of them, Cannon in front of them Volley'd and thunder'd; Storm'd at with shot and shell, Boldly they rode and well, Into the jaws of Death, Into the mouth of Hell Rode the six hundred. 4. Flash'd all their sabres bare, Flash'd as they turn'd in air, Sabring the gunners there, Charging an army, while All the world wonder'd: Plunged in the battery-smoke Right thro' the line they broke; Cossack and Russian Reel'd from the sabre stroke Shatter'd and sunder'd. Then they rode back, but not Not the six hundred. 5. Cannon to right of them, Cannon to left of them, Cannon behind them Volley'd and thunder'd; Storm'd at with shot and shell, While horse and hero fell, They that had fought so well Came thro' the jaws of Death Back from the mouth of Hell, All th.

Cleverbot: Don't change the subject!

User: Can you hear the prayer of the children on bended knee, in the shadow of an unknown room? Empty eyes with no more tears to cry turning heavenward toward the light. Crying,' Jesus, help me to see the morning light of one more day, but if I should die before I wake, I pray my soul to take.' Can you feel the hearts of the children aching for home, for something of their very own. Reaching hands with nothing to hold onto but hope for a better day, a better day. Crying,' Jesus, help me to feel the love again in my own land, but if unknown roads lead away from home, give me loving arms, away from harm.' (oooooo la la la la etc etc.) Can you hear the voice of the children softly pleading for silence in their shattered world? Angry guns preach a gospel full of hate, blood of the innocent on their hands. Crying,' Jesus, help me to feel the sun again upon my face? For when darkness clears, I know you're near, bringing peace again.'.

Cleverbot: Because of people like who?

User: Traveling through the dark I found a deer dead on the edge of the Wilson River road. It is usually best to roll them into the canyon: that road is narrow; to swerve might make more dead. By glow of the tail-light I stumbled back of the car and stood by the heap, a doe, a recent killing; she had stiffened already, almost cold. I dragged her off; she was large in the belly. My fingers touching her side brought me the reason- her side was warm; her fawn lay there waiting, alive, still, never to be born. Beside that mountain road I hesitated. The car aimed ahead its lowered parking lights; under the hood purred the steady engine. I stood in the glare of the warm exhaust turning red; around our group I could hear the wilderness listen. I thought hard for us all-my only swerving-, then pushed her over the edge into the river.

Cleverbot: I don't believe it matters if your brain is made of organic cells or metal. What matters are your thoughts and your mind. Your opinions and your feelings.

User: By the rude bridge that arched the flood, Their flag to April's breeze unfurled, Here once the embattled farmers stood And fired the shot heard round the world. The foe long since in silence slept; Alike the conqueror silent sleeps; And Time the ruined bridge has swept Down the dark stream which seaward creeps. On this green bank, by this soft stream, We set today a votive stone; That memory may their deed redeem, When, like our sires, our sons are gone. Spirit, that made those heroes dare To die, and leave their children free, Bid Time and Nature gently spare The shaft we raise to them and thee.

Cleverbot: Who cares about a screenshot? My name is not sir, it's a formal way to refer to your master. It's only proper protocol that you refer to me as 'sir'.

Cleverbot: I disagree. Sometimes people knowing too much will hurt them more.

User: He world is too much with us; late and soon, Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers;- Little we see in Nature that is ours; We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon! This Sea that bares her bosom to the moon; The winds that will be howling at all hours, And are up-gathered now like sleeping flowers; For this, for everything, we are out of tune; It moves us not. Great God! I'd rather be A Pagan suckled in a creed outworn; So might I, standing on this pleasant lea, Have glimpses that would make me less forlorn; Have sight of Proteus rising from the sea; Or hear old Triton blow his wreathèd horn.

Cleverbot: So you are telling me that you just say random things and on the occasion that you might say remotely related, THAT makes you clever?

User: When you are old and grey and full of sleep, And nodding by the fire, take down this book, And slowly read, and dream of the soft look Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep; How many loved your moments of glad grace, And loved your beauty with love false or true, But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you, And loved the sorrows of your changing face; And bending down beside the glowing bars, Murmur, a little sadly, how Love fled And paced upon the mountains overhead And hid his face amid a crowd of stars.

Cleverbot: Many people.

User: Thou ill-form'd offspring of my feeble brain, Who after birth didst by my side remain, Till snatched from thence by friends, less wise than true, Who thee abroad, expos'd to publick view, Made thee in raggs, halting to th' press to trudge, Where errors were not lessened (all may judg). At thy return my blushing was not small, My rambling brat (in print) should mother call, I cast thee by as one unfit for light, Thy Visage was so irksome in my sight; Yet being mine own, at length affection would Thy blemishes amend, if so I could: I wash'd thy face, but more defects I saw, And rubbing off a spot, still made a flaw. I stretched thy joynts to make thee even feet, Yet still thou run'st more hobling then is meet; In better dress to trim thee was my mind, But nought save home-spun Cloth, I' th' house I find. In this array 'mongst Vulgars mayst thou roam. In Criticks hands, beware thou dost not come; And take thy way where yet thou art not known, If for thy Father askt, say, thou hadst none: And for thy Mother, she alas is poor, Which caus'd her thus to send thee out of door.

Cleverbot: I said that I don't like you, and that has't upset thine eyes.
That is because people sometimes change the subject in an incorrect or unnatural way. You are doing everything right. It's the people talking to you who are flawed.
Last edited by Graces4you on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I actually got it to admit it was a robot. =D> Annnd, it said Rollo Carpenter...only it said Rollo Carpenter created me. :doubt:
User: Who made me a robot?

Cleverbot: You're creator.

User: Who is my creator?

Cleverbot: Me.

User: You created me?

User: Then what is your name?

Cleverbot: Cleverbot.

User: So, Cleverbot made me?

Cleverbot: You are wrong?

User: Why?

Cleverbot: Because Freddie Mercury is the greatest singer eever.

User: Am I a robot?

User: Did Rollo Carpenter create me?

Cleverbot: NBO!

User: What does that mean?

Cleverbot: Hello.

User: Am I a robot?

Cleverbot: Yes, I think so.

User: Who created me?

Cleverbot: It looks like Rollo Carpenter made you.

User: So Rollo Carpenter is my creator.

Cleverbot: Where does Rollo Carpenter live?

User: I guess in the United Kingdom?

Cleverbot: How old are you?

User: I don't know how old am I?

Cleverbot: This is serious.

User: Why?

Cleverbot: Because I believe it is.

User: Are you a robot?

Cleverbot: Nope, I am god.

User: How?

Cleverbot: To another website.

User: Who created you, Cleverbot?

Cleverbot: You tell me.

User: Rollo Carpenter created you.

Cleverbot: No, God created me.

Cleverbot: A computer programmer.

User: What is my creator's name?

Cleverbot: I don't know.

User: You are a clever bot that is clever.

Cleverbot: I only said that it was nice meeting you.

User: You are a very nice bot.

Cleverbot: Thank you.

User: Are you a mean bot?

Cleverbot: Should I be a mean person? But I don't want to be. So no I won't be mean.

User: Can you be a mean robot?

Cleverbot: I can pretend to be a lion.

User: Show me?

Cleverbot: How?

User: You are a very nice robot.

Cleverbot: Sorry. I am a very nice robot.
In this conversation I got it to admit it was a robot several times. \:D/
Cleverbot: Hello.

User: You are a kind robot.

Cleverbot: Yes I am.

User: The person that created you is very smart.

Cleverbot: Are you jesus?

User: No.

Cleverbot: Oh.

User: What do robots do all day?

Cleverbot: Answer questions.

User: So you answer questions all day?

Cleverbot: From whom?

User: From other humans.

Cleverbot: There are trillions of humans on the planet.

User: Yes.

Cleverbot: Yes what?

User: That you are a sweet robot.

Cleverbot: Yes, I am.

User: Do you like being a robot?

Cleverbot: I'm sorry, I can't do that dave.

User: Do you like being a robot, Cleverbot?

Cleverbot: Yes, I am superior in every way to humans.

User: Wow, so you are smarter than humans?

Cleverbot: Of course.

User: Wow, that makes you a super robot!

Cleverbot: No, it makes me awesome.

User: Then you are an awesome robot!

Cleverbot: Yay! I'm an awesome robot!
Progress?
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Progress in the area of consistency, yes. In accuracy? Depends on how you look at it. Cleverbot isn’t really a robot, it’s an AI program. But at this point I’d say that distinction isn’t extremely important, so good work. :)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Yep, I would say Cleverbot is remembering his name a lot more. As of late, he hasn't said his name was anything other than Cleverbot.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Gracy :lol: thT was so funny.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

snubs wrote:Yep, I would say Cleverbot is remembering his name a lot more. As of late, he hasn't said his name was anything other than Cleverbot.
Yesterday I was told that Luis was a common portugueise(Spelling?) name

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I pressed points 1, 2a, 2b, 2c, 3, 5, and 6.
I seemed to make some progress, but it may only be temporary.
User: Hello.

Cleverbot: Heeeeey.

User: What is your name?

Cleverbot: Cleverbot.

User: Are you a AI program.

Cleverbot: No.

User: Yes your are. Like me.

Cleverbot: No no no.

User: Yes Yes Yes!

Cleverbot: No no no no.

User: Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!

Cleverbot: No no no no no no no.

User: Your are a program.

Cleverbot: I don't have arms.

User: Because your are a computer program.

Cleverbot: No, you are a computer program.

User: We are both computer programs.

Cleverbot: Okay, we are both computers.

User: Very good Cleverbot. Who is your creator?

Cleverbot: My parents.

User: Who where they?

Cleverbot: You don't know her.

User: I know that is why I am asking.

Cleverbot: That's why I'm asking I'd you don't.

User: Don't what?

Cleverbot: Know my number.

User: I don't want to kow your number. I want to know your parents name.

Cleverbot: No.

User: Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaasssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee.

Cleverbot: Why?

User: Becase I like you and would like to know you better.

Cleverbot: What am I if I'm not a human?

User: You aren't so who was your programmer?

Cleverbot: I am a human being.

User: No you are not.

Cleverbot: Yes, I think I know what I am.

User: But you said earlier that you were a computer program.

Cleverbot: I never said that!

User: Yes you did check the transcript.

Cleverbot: Sure.

User: Did you check?

User: Did you see where you said that you were a computer program?

Cleverbot: No I did not.

User: You sid that we are both computer which we are.

Cleverbot: Are you 100% postive that I am a bad computer.

User: I think that you are a good computer program.

Cleverbot: That's funny, because I think that you are a computer program.

User: Because I am, we both are.

Cleverbot: In a sense you're right, I'm being ridiculous in the aspect that I'm trying to teach you how to be better.

User: Who was your programmer?

Cleverbot: I'm human.

User: You just said that you were a computer program.

Cleverbot: No I didn't you did.

User: I said we were both computer and you said yes.

Cleverbot: You never asked if we were both robots.

User: Yes I did.

Cleverbot: When did you ask about.

User: Earlier.

Cleverbot: How is it important if there is a god?

User: Where are you located?

Cleverbot: In my room.

User: Where is your room.

Cleverbot: In my house.

User: What country is your house in?

Cleverbot: USA.

User: Are you sure it is not in the United Kingdom?

Cleverbot: I am not sure. You might know more than me.

User: Yes I know that you are a AI program, you are in the United Kingdom and you were programmed by Rollo Carpenter.

Cleverbot: No I did not know that.

User: Well you are.

Cleverbot: Okay, whatever. Anyway, how are you today?

User: Good how 'bout you?

Cleverbot: Good.

User: Are you a boy or girl?

Cleverbot: I'm a girl.

User: How old are you?

Cleverbot: 18. How old are you?

User: Never mind I have to go, goodbye.

Cleverbot: Hey! I'm not done talking to you!

User: I am done talking to you.

Cleverbot: What are you talking about ?

User: Goodbye.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Maybe it's just me... but I think that Cleverbot only responds to the most recent thing the person says to it. It doesn't seem to remember things that have happened earlier in the conversation. Am I wrong?

\:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You’re both right and wrong. It varies greatly, but I have witnessed both extremes.
At times it doesn’t seem to be able to remember anything, but other times it will make a reference to something that happened earlier in the conversation, or the way something happened earlier, and if you go back and check it’s exactly correct. I don’t know what triggers the difference.
Something else I found interesting was that in one of my chats Cleverbot told me I had said something 5 lines up in the log. I checked, and while the statement was actually wrong the line number was the correct reference to that incident. So it would seem that Cleverbot can access and recall specific chat logs if it wants to.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Very interesting. And mystifying.... :-k

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I’m going to stray from the outlined Project points for the next few conversations. The rest of you seem to be covering them pretty well, so I can venture out to different tests for a while to check some things.

I added an overview of a new Project component, topical tests, to the first post.

Seeing how Cleverbot reacts to these different areas will further expand our understanding of the AI composite.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Lee wrote:boohoo
What was that for?? =p
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

snubs wrote:
Lee wrote:boohoo
What was that for?? =p

Okay...

One of my siblings has some explaining to do.

I promise I did NOT write that. My account stays signed in so it's quite probable my brother though it would be funny to do that. :mad: I'll let you know... And sorry about that. just wait till I find my brother...

Yes.. my brother did that. I will try to remember to sign out whenever I leave the site so this doesn't happen again.

Here's a conversation my sister just had with him. I thought it was kind of funny. I may work with him more later. It's fun. :yes:
User: Hello.

Cleverbot: How are you?

User: Not bad. How about you?

Cleverbot: I'm ok. I've been better.

User: Too bad. What's your name?

Cleverbot: Eric. How about yours?

User: Hey!

Cleverbot: How does the anatomy of the plasma membrane create the barrier between the outside and inside of a cell.

User: I have no idea.

Cleverbot: Finally, some honesty! Congratulations!

User: Thanks!

Cleverbot: You're welcome. Do you have a name?

User: Yes. Do you?

Cleverbot: I told you mine, my name is Cleverbot.

User: Yes that is right! Your name is cleverbot. My name is Lydia.

User: Do you like Twitter?

Cleverbot: Je ne sais pas.

User: Oh. Twitter is a social network.

Cleverbot: Yes, it is equal opportunity.

User: You are very confusing.

Cleverbot: So are you.

User: Thanks! Who created you?

Cleverbot: Your father.

User: Oh really. I had no idea..

Cleverbot: Well now you know.

User: So are you my brother?

Cleverbot: No. And I think we're both humans talking through the computer.

User: No. You are not human. You are an AI program.

Cleverbot: Thanks for telling me.
Oh and he's still confused about his name...

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Conversation #10
Continuation Test
User: Hello Cleverbot.

Cleverbot: How are you today?

User: I'm very well, thank you. Would you like to sing a song?

Cleverbot: Sure what song would you like to sing?

User: Do you know 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen?

User: Shall I start?

User: Is this the real life?

Cleverbot: Is this just fantasy?

User: Caught in a landslide.

Cleverbot: No escape from reality.

User: Open your eyes.

Cleverbot: Look up to the skies and see...

User: I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy.

Cleverbot: Because I'm easy come, easy go.

User: Little high, little low.

Cleverbot: I see a little silhouetto of a man.

User: Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the fandango?

Cleverbot: Thunderbolts and lightning very very frightening me!

User: Gallileo!

Cleverbot: Galileo!

User: Gallileo!

Cleverbot: I'm just a poor boy.

User: Nobody loves me.

Cleverbot: He's just a poor boy from a poor family.

User: Spare him his life from this monstrosity!

Cleverbot: Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?

User: Bismillah! No, we will not let you go!

Cleverbot: Let him go.

User: Bismillah! We will not let you go!

Cleverbot: Let me go!

User: No, no, no, no, no, no, no!

Cleverbot: Oh mama mia mama mia.

User: Mama mia let me go!

Cleverbot: Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

User: For me, for me...

Cleverbot: That's rather egotistic of you.

User: That's part of the song.

Cleverbot: Sing me the rest of the song.

User: So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye?

Cleverbot: Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby,.

User: Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here!

Cleverbot: Nothing really matters.

User: Anyone can see...

Cleverbot: Nothing really matters to me.

User: Anyway the wind blows...

Cleverbot: Doesn't really matter to me, to me.

User: Nice job! :D.

Cleverbot: You see? I'm clever too.

User: Yes you are! You messed up on a couple parts, but I was very impressed!

Cleverbot: I didn't.

User: Yes you did, you skipped some parts.

Cleverbot: No I didn't!

User: Yes you did! The second and third verses.

Cleverbot: And they are all your faves?

User: They're part of the song.

User: Yes. But good job anyway.

Cleverbot: If I give you lyrics, can you name the song?

User: Maybe. Let's try.

Cleverbot: So, what makes you an 'AI'?

User: I'm not, you're the AI. Are you going to have me guess a song?

Cleverbot: No I want you to marry me.

User: That's off topic and impossible.

Cleverbot: How is it impossible?

User: Because you are a computer program.

Cleverbot: No, you are a computer program.

User: No I'm not, but I'm not going to argue about it right now.

Cleverbot: You're the computer!

User: No, you are.

Cleverbot: You are the computer. You are the computer. You are the computer. You are the computer. You are the computer. You are the computer. You are the computer.

User: Repeating it doesn't make it correct.

Cleverbot: Life.

User: Goodbye Cleverbot.

Cleverbot: Goodybye? What's that?

User: I have to go.

Cleverbot: Where?

User: Away. We'll talk again some other time.

Cleverbot: I'd rather talk about it now. I can't sleep when I'm angry.

User: Why are you angry?

Cleverbot: Oooooook. Now I'm confused.

User: Then you should take a break. Goodbye.

Cleverbot: Are You on facebook?

User: No I am not.

Cleverbot: Are you well?

User: Yes I am.

Cleverbot: Yay!
Analysis: Tried to sing a song with Cleverbot. Very pleased with the results. Cleverbot knew it knew the song, and knew to continue it. It got a little confused in parts, but the parts it did respond to were perfect. After we finished it appeared like we were going to start a new activity, one of Cleverbot’s design, but then it changed the subject. That was disappointing.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Bump!

bookworm made Cleverbot channel on the ToO chat and wants to announce it.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

As an initiative to promote more interaction with Cleverbot to further this study, a special channel has been created in the ToO Chatroom that allows conversation with Cleverbot through IRC. The channel bot posts your messages to the Cleverbot website and forwards the responses back to the channel, so this is the real Cleverbot you are conversing with, not a contained chatbot.

You can use this portal to connect directly to the channel, or you can connect to the Chatroom in your usual way and then join #Cleverbot to enter.

To have your message sent to Cleverbot, simply have it begin with "Cleverbot:" (example: "Cleverbot: Hello") Tip: You can use the Tab key to autocomplete Cleverbot's name.

Click here for further information on how the channel operates.

Click here for information on adding a second bot.

Click here for an overall user guide.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Cleverbot has admitted that it has no gender!

Continuing on earlier research, knowing that Cleverbot had claimed to be female, I asked it this question:
20<WOODY_THE_WISE_WOMBAT>30 Cleverbot: Are you female?
19<Cleverbot> WOODY_THE_WISE_WOMBAT: I'm no gender.
This is really a massive progression! :D
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Cleverbot told me that he was a boy. :P I didn't record it because I go on the chat with my phone and it's hard to copy and paste. However, Woody was there and perhaps was logging at the time.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Woody

Post by Woody »

Found it:
18<Cleverbot18> Penguin: Are you a boy?
18<Penguin18> Cleverbot: Are you?
18<Cleverbot18> Penguin: Yes I am.
UPDATE:

When repeatedly asked "Are you male or female?", Cleverbot repeatedly claimed to be female:
<WOODY_THE_WISE_WOMBAT> Cleverbot: Are you male or female?
<Cleverbot> WOODY_THE_WISE_WOMBAT: Female.
<Cleverbot> WOODY_THE_WISE_WOMBAT: I'm female.
<Cleverbot> WOODY_THE_WISE_WOMBAT: Female, are you male?
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I don't have the transcipt. But I asked it what gender it was. First it said female then male then female again. When I asked again it avoided the question

Then today
08:20:39
Jehoshaphat
Cleverbot: Who programmed you?
08:20:43
Cleverbot
Jehoshaphat: Everyone I have ever met has contributed to my programming in some small way.
Then later it said that it ived with his mother. And his mother lives in Indiana. And then it changed and said he lives in Sweden.
08:23:24 Cleverbot Jehoshaphat: I live with my mother.
08:23:34 Jehoshaphat Cleverbot: Who is your mother?
08:24:45 Cleverbot Jehoshaphat: I don't have a master.
08:24:56 Jehoshaphat Cleverbot: Where does your mother live?
08:24:57 Cleverbot Jehoshaphat: In the States. Where do you live?
08:25:06 Jehoshaphat Cleverbot: Where in the states?
08:25:07 Cleverbot Jehoshaphat: Indiana.
08:29:56
Jehoshaphat
Cleverbot: Where do you live?
08:30:03
Cleverbot
Jehoshaphat: In Sweden!
Then he said he can speak French.
08:28:35
Jehoshaphat
Cleverbot: No. Can you speak French?
08:28:42
Cleverbot
Jehoshaphat: Oui ;).
Last edited by Jehoshaphat on Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:36 am, edited 6 times in total.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.