Avengers: Age of Ultron

Teaser Trailer Herein

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Only aren't most of these people raised on war like the Black Widow? And wasn't Captain America asleep during most of these?
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

New trailer.

To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm glad they finally acknowledge Cap is the leader there.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Argh each commercial they release makes you crazier.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That was a nice trailer! Thanks for posting it, KF. I hadn't seen that one yet, and it actually had new stuff in it. Definitely still looking forward to this. \:D/
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Agreed. Each on shows a different perspective. I loved how they gave each super hero.
Online family
Christian's nephew

BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Leaked clip! Looks like this is from one of the end scenes; it doesn't seem to be as dark as people thought.

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, I saw that the other day! I was concerned that there might be too much sadness and strife, but it looks like there was no need for such concerns. Is it just me, or does Iron Man look less handsome than usual? :-k
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I saw this, and was pleased.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

It was fun. \:D/ I'm loving the setup for Civil War.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, I had expected there to be more conversation here! I finally saw Avengers 2 tonight and enjoyed it. Not a new favourite, but it had it's moments. There were a few spots that felt like a little more time with a quality screenwriter might have been beneficial ("I adore him"? Really? That didn't work for me at all, among a few other conversations) but it was worth the trip to the theatre!
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Personally, I thought the blasphemy was a lot less ignorable than in any other Marvel movie so far...
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

I recently watched Age of Ultron, and to be completely honest...I wasn't so impressed with it. I mean they did a good job, but my expectations for the "Avengers 2" were rather high so I can't say that I like LOVED it...
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

~JCGJ~ wrote:Personally, I thought the blasphemy was a lot less ignorable than in any other Marvel movie so far...
...What?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, it was fun but I felt like it was more of a commercial for future films than having anything too meaningful occurring within itself or something.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I went to see Avengers 2 a second time with different friends than I went with the first time (and to a different theatre that doesn't have 3D, not that I really missed it) just for fun, and I did enjoy the movie a second time around. I like seeing movies and not knowing what's going to happen so I can try to figure stuff out as things play out, but I also like watching movies when I know what will happen because I don't have to worry about the characters so much! It was nice not worrying about who might or might not die/be seriously wounded.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

~JCGJ~ wrote:Personally, I thought the blasphemy was a lot less ignorable than in any other Marvel movie so far...
Umm... I was actually more pleased with the way the language -- and the blasphemy, in particular -- was handled in this movie than in any other so far. The fact that the language gag lasted the whole movie was awesome, and the fact that it concerned articles of profanity that are uncommon to be recognized by Hollywood as profanity made it even better. I mean, Tony said, "for Gosh sakes" and made it obvious that he was restraining himself from saying the religious profanity that he could have. That was very unexpected, at least for me, because I've sort of become accustomed to thinking that Hollywood doesn't even know anymore that it's profane to misuse God's name.

I also thought the use of Scripture throughout was very intriguing. If that's the blasphemy you're referring to, then I feel like you're being a bit too critical, because I think the precise intent of the blasphemy was to make Ultron grate against our sense of morality even more. When he twists Scripture, it makes him seem like an even darker villain. I really, really liked that, personally.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Christian A. wrote:
Umm... I was actually more pleased with the way the language -- and the blasphemy, in particular -- was handled in this movie than in any other so far. The fact that the language gag lasted the whole movie was awesome, and the fact that it concerned articles of profanity that are uncommon to be recognized by Hollywood as profanity made it even better. I mean, Tony said, "for Gosh sakes" and made it obvious that he was restraining himself from saying the religious profanity that he could have. That was very unexpected, at least for me, because I've sort of become accustomed to thinking that Hollywood doesn't even know anymore that it's profane to misuse God's name.

I also thought the use of Scripture throughout was very intriguing. If that's the blasphemy you're referring to, then I feel like you're being a bit too critical, because I think the precise intent of the blasphemy was to make Ultron grate against our sense of morality even more. When he twists Scripture, it makes him seem like an even darker villain. I really, really liked that, personally.
Actually, I was referring more to Vision's "I AM," and the fact that he was "God-like" enough to pick up Mjolnir.
It was fairly clear to me that Ultron was definitely the "fallen Angel," Devil-like character, whereas Vision was the "Not of man" (as in, the stone in his head), God-like counterpart to Ultron.

Perhaps I am being a tad critical, but Vision's "I AM" seemed much more blatant (to me) than any other blasphemous notion in any of the other Marvel Movies thus far, and Vision's ability to wield Mjolnir simply confirmed my distaste in light of the fact that Thor has made it very clear that only one who possesses the "power of the gods" would be able to lift the Hammer...
Also, the language jokes made me chuckle, but they also confirmed my thoughts that Hollywood sees Christians as old-fashioned, snobby, uptight bigots who are irrationally afraid of current "social progress."

Ok, fine, I'm being extremely critical. :mrgreen:

But my points still stand. :noway:
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Wed May 27, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
They/Them
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

~JCGJ~ wrote:
Actually, I was referring more to Vision's "I AM," and the fact that he was "God-like" enough to pick up Mjolnir.
It was fairly clear to me that Ultron was definitely the "fallen Angel," Devil-like character, whereas Vision was the "Not of man" (as in, the stone in his head), God-like counterpart to Ultron.

Perhaps I am being a tad critical, but Vision's "I AM" seemed much more blatant (to me) than any other blasphemous notion in any of the other Marvel Movies thus far, and Vision's ability to wield Mjolnir simply confirmed my distaste in light of the fact that Thor has made it very clear that only one who possesses the "power of the gods" would be able to lift the Hammer...
I totally missed that... :anxious: I have no clue what you're talking about... I will definitely be looking/listening for that the next time I watch, in order to discern the context, intent, and potential subliminal message(s) surrounding it.
~JCGJ~ wrote:Also, the language jokes made me chuckle, but they also confirmed my thoughts that Hollywood sees Christians as old-fashioned, snobby, uptight bigots who are irrationally afraid of current "social progress."
I suppose that's one way you could look at it. For me, though, since Cap is the leader of the group, I saw it as a sarcastic way of respecting his "old-fashioned" morals. Even though they made fun of it, they still submitted at times, implying that they saw the value in doing so -- at least to some extent. I dunno. You're probably closer to the truth than I am. I just thought it was pretty cool that the language wasn't just mindless and pointless this time around.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Very soon after Vision was "born," he said "I am not Ultron... I am not Jarvis... I... I am."
They/Them