Fears

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Fears

Post by Jehoshaphat »

So I nearly had a heart attack this morning. I was sitting at my kitchen table finishing up my homework and eating a bowl of cereal, when a spider just comes along and is suddenly right next to my arm. I literally jumped out of my seat and nearly just died right there and then. how suddenly it had appeared and how close it was too me just made me want to get out of there as quickly as possible. It was quite a frightening experience.

So what are you deathly afraid of?
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

I'm terrified of Silverfish...They're just so fast and I can never catch/kill them. I'm also afraid of roller coasters, and this smilie>>> :evil:

So I had a similar experience today...I woke up rather early, and did everything I do in the morning. Anyway by the time I was done I walked out of my bedroom to get something. I came back, and slowly walked back to my bedroom. (Reminder: it was early) So as I walked into my dark bedroom my mom jumped out at me from behind my door and screamed. I freaked out screamed(obviously) and ran down the stairs...Lets just say I do NOT like being jumped out at.
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I am very fearful of cockroaches. Spiders aren't that bad for me, but cockroaches are just nasty! *shivers*
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

My deepest fear...failing. I have a little anxiety with heights (not enough to stop me from zip-lining over a Cloud Forest) or tight spaces, but everyone does. Failing to do well at school, failing to find a job (both now and in the future), failing to be a good friend, and failing to enjoy life - these are all examples of my fear of failing. I use this fear; however, to drive me and to keep me going. It makes me not want to sit and be idle, because then I am making my fear a reality.

P.S. Bugs are tasty...:)
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:P.S. Bugs are tasty...:)
Ummmm...That's really nasty. How do you prepare your...Umm..Bug?
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

PaulaJarvis wrote:
That's really nasty.
But it would cure obesity.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

The only legitimate fear I have here on Earth is the fear of Lightning... It's a somewhat irrational fear, as the odds are very much in my favor, but nevertheless, lightning scares me. It's ironic, though, that even though I'm very afraid of being struck by lightning, I also love to walk around outside during huge storms, just enjoying the awesome power of nature... Even though I'm not afraid to confront my fear (in fact, in a strange way, I quite enjoy confronting it), I'm still afraid of being struck... I suppose, for me, it's rather true that there's nothing to fear but fear itself.
Basically, I'm just an adrenaline junkie, and I'm not afraid to admit it. :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

bookworm wrote:
PaulaJarvis wrote:
That's really nasty.
But it would cure obesity.
First of all: Ewwwwwww
Second of all: I couldn't even bring myself to actually read that article much less look at the picture a second time
Have you ever eaten a bug(s)? :yum:
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

PaulaJarvis wrote:
Um, having seen some YouTubers return from Southeast Asia, they appear to be cooked fairly well.

For me, I have only eaten a few raw (live) lady bugs and spiders as dares. I would love to actually eat like the crickets, scorpions, etc. that are found at street vendors in Southeast Asia. They would probably be pretty tasty.
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:
PaulaJarvis wrote:
Um, having seen some YouTubers return from Southeast Asia, they appear to be cooked fairly well.

For me, I have only eaten a few raw (live) lady bugs and spiders as dares. I would love to actually eat like the crickets, scorpions, etc. that are found at street vendors in Southeast Asia. They would probably be pretty tasty.
Ewwwww...That's nastyyy!! Just thinking about that makes me cringe :huh: Although I must admit to eating a cricket...It was covered in chocolate though.
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

My two real fears are failure and needles (which makes for an interesting paradox when I have to get a shot- do I face the needle, or chicken out and "fail" :P )

Now, to join the above conversation: I would probably try a (fully cooked) bug if I were in a place/culture where it was a normal thing to eat. Its just some extra protein, and it would make for a good story/fun fact later \:D/
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

My biggest fear is heights and needles. Now I know heights is a common fear...but mine is super, super bad. It's ridiculous. T_T
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Amy Funkhouser
Not as new

Post by Amy Funkhouser »

PaulaJarvis wrote:

I must ask did you get paid to eat these lady bugs and spiders???

Hahaha Paula Bugs really aren't that bad you just have to shut your brain off and don't ask questions. (Trust me I know how hard that is.. I'm an over thinker :p) But I've had millworms, crickets and earth worms (Ps. When eating live earth worms CHEW them if you don't you'll feel them all the way down... that's what makes you feel ill) millworms pan fried are almost like potato chips very crunch.

My biggest fears... pain. I hate seeing people in pain, being in pain, the thought of pain. Helplessness. I hate not being able to change things. I hate the feeling that everything has stopped.... and you have no control. Fake spiders... there's a story to that. But I don't mind real ones but fake ones... *cringe* Last but not least I'm afraid of not doing my best in every moment (so I guess more like wasting time/my life) I hate the thought of being on my death bed and thinking I could have done soooo much more. I could have loved more, I could have given more, I could have seen more... But this being said I've talked to a ton of people, taught classes and taken classes I may not have otherwise because of this "fear" of not doing enough. (It also keeps my room very clean :p)
What is Forever..? Well that's when I shall return. #Twinsforeverwithpenguin
~Ninja <3
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

I am afraid of venom, parasites, microscopic predictors, falling from any great high, the unknown and anticipated fears, and being alone.

:/
No way this could ever be used against me...
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Amy Funkhouser wrote:
PaulaJarvis wrote:

Hahaha Paula Bugs really aren't that bad you just have to shut your brain off and don't ask questions. (Trust me I know how hard that is.. I'm an over thinker :p) But I've had millworms, crickets and earth worms (Ps. When eating live earth worms CHEW them if you don't you'll feel them all the way down... that's what makes you feel ill) millworms pan fried are almost like potato chips very crunch.

My biggest fears... pain. I hate seeing people in pain, being in pain, the thought of pain. Helplessness. I hate not being able to change things. I hate the feeling that everything has stopped.... and you have no control. Fake spiders... there's a story to that. But I don't mind real ones but fake ones... *cringe* Last but not least I'm afraid of not doing my best in every moment (so I guess more like wasting time/my life) I hate the thought of being on my death bed and thinking I could have done soooo much more. I could have loved more, I could have given more, I could have seen more... But this being said I've talked to a ton of people, taught classes and taken classes I may not have otherwise because of this "fear" of not doing enough. (It also keeps my room very clean :p)
Why in the world did you eat an earth worm? That's just nasty!

I'm scared of seeing people in pain as well. Like once my mom was in the hospital, and it was my turn to go see her. When I came in she was writhing in pain, and I literally wanted to run away and cry, because I couldn't do anything to help her. So I get you Allie *nods*
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

LIGHTNING wrote:I am afraid of venom, parasites, microscopic predictors, falling from any great high, the unknown and anticipated fears, and being alone.

:/
No way this could ever be used against me...
Parasites.. *shivers* I always found the show Monsters Inside Me fascinating but it would give me nightmares about parasites =[
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Being alone.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

snubs wrote:Being alone.
:hug: @snubs
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

snubs wrote:Being alone.
We should get together sometime. :)
Amy Funkhouser
Not as new

Post by Amy Funkhouser »

PaulaJarvis wrote:
Amy Funkhouser wrote:
PaulaJarvis wrote:

Why in the world did you eat an earth worm? That's just nasty!

I'm scared of seeing people in pain as well. Like once my mom was in the hospital, and it was my turn to go see her. When I came in she was writhing in pain, and I literally wanted to run away and cry, because I couldn't do anything to help her. So I get you Allie *nods*

Yeah that's really tough!!! And your mom... O_O

Hahaha Ahhh!!! Well... I was in middle school and quite the dare devil ;) Someone called me a girly girl and said I wouldn't eat the earth worm for 5$ (this is what happens when you gang with boys in middle school.... :roll:) So I ate 3 of them! Hahaha it was really funny watching the guys reactions... anywho earth worms are fine for you. You can actually eat a lot of bugs. xD I've ate some really weird things in my life time... and it all started with purple glue sticks in preK. 0=]
What is Forever..? Well that's when I shall return. #Twinsforeverwithpenguin
~Ninja <3