How Did You Choose That Username?

That one you have..

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

How Did You Choose That Username?

Post by Pengwin »

I think some of y'all's usernames are really cool and I just wanted to know how you decided upon that username. I chose mine because penguins are my favorite animal and I was Penguin on the chat for quite sometime. :)
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

I know...My username is just AMAZING!!! But for reals...I got my original username [therealpaulajarvis] from the character in The Novacom Saga. She didn't really have any parts in any of the episodes, but she was mentioned and I thought that it would be an original name that no one else would have. So yah...People tell us how you really got your usernames...
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Wooton Bassett was/is my favorite character, so when it came time to pick my username I decided to make it Wooton related. So, in The Highest Stakes, Part 1, Wooton mentions that if a kid is being silly their parents will tell them to quit Wooton' Around. So, hence Stop Wooton' Around.

P.S. In all other internet forums that aren't my real name I use Paul Wooton. Paul because it was my first username (as in Paul from the bible), and Wooton because well Wooton.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

What about Aftershocker, Penguin?

My older sister used to call me snubs. Not for its meaning, but because she said I looked like a snubs. o.0 ..and she said a 'snubs' sounded like something short... and I am not exactly tall. Soooo.... when it came to joining the ToO chat for the first time (I was there before joining the board) 'snubs' stuck out, and I've used it as my default go to name for pretty much everything I have an account on. =p
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Well, I have had many usernames. I'll try to explain each of them.

Shakespeare:

This is the name I originally joined with. I chose it because I love the character of Walter Shakespeare, and it was the only Odyssey character name available :p I occasionally switch back to this name for anniversaries and such.

Woody:

This name first came from an avatar that I bought from snubs during my Shakespeare days(shown above). Later, Buzz(then BobbyCow) and I conspired to change our usernames and pretend to be different users. This name stuck, and has become the name I am best known by.

Reynard Muldoon:

One of my many temporary name changes. This is the name of a character in the Mysterious Benedict Society book series.

Woodstock:

Another temporary name change, this time a nickname given to me by Anemone. Presumably inspired by the yellow bird in Peanuts.

Emmet:

A temporary name inspired by the main character of my favorite movie, The LEGO Movie. My longest-running temporary name.

The Doctor:

A temporary name change inspired by my love for the British drama show Doctor Who.

Henry Mills:

My current name(yet another temporary name), inspired by the character of the same name from ABC show Once Upon a Time.

I may have missed one or two, but as you can see, I have worn a lot of names in my time on the ToO. :p
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

snubs wrote:
That should be your catchphrase. \:D/ It's great!
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

I chose my name simply because it's the name of my pet rabbit. When my sister was on here (briefly) long ago she used the name of her cat as her username and I followed suit.

(For all you curious people, here is a picture of my namesake)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

My user name is my given name.:D
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

My username was originally Eugene the second, partly because I am kind of like half of Eugene, and partly because the name Eugene was already taken. Eventually people all shortened my name to ets or E II and preferring the latter I changed that to my name
I am confused
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

snubs wrote:What about Aftershocker, Penguin?
I chose that username because at the time that I joined the SS I was attending a youth group that was affiliated with the word "Aftershock" so I just added the er at the end and thus my username was born.
Smaug the Dragon wrote:
snubs wrote:
I agree! \:D/
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Penguin wrote:
Smaug the Dragon wrote:
snubs wrote:
I agree! \:D/
*adds to signature.* =p
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I joined the TH when I was 12 or 13, and very much a huge fan of LoTR. I still like LoTR, but I'm really keeping this username because it's who I was here for years, and who any of the oldies around here would remember me as.

These days I think I'm more Clara Oswald than Arwen. Maybe I'll change it eventually...but probably not.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Young&Mighty
Pilgrim

Post by Young&Mighty »

I chose this name because of a song that was regularly played in "Fallout 3"

I also liked thinking I was Young and Mighty back then. Maybe I'll change my username if I can. I dunno.
"Adventure is Out There"

~Charles Muntz from "Up"
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I think it's obvious, but I chose my username because of my monstrous size, love of fire and avaricious tendencies. It seemed appropriate.
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

Whale, my first username was God's Girl, I and I chose this because a friend of mine had the email JesusFreak, and I wanted something similar, so I chose God's Girl.

Somewhere along the way, Kaida was looking for a nickname for me and came up with Doll, and Doily and Doils sprung from that.

Then, I got into Once Upon a Time, and Belle quickly became my favorite character. Thus, I decided to change my name on the forums to Belle. :)
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!
aragtaghooligan
29K to go!

Post by aragtaghooligan »

I am new here and a lot of people have been asking about my user name. It is taken from my secondary email address but is actually supposed to have spaces. It is "A Rag Tag Hooligan." It comes from this one time at camp we were sitting around a fire praying and I was talking to God and said something about thanking him for loving a bunch of rag tag hooligans like us. It just slipped out of my mouth in the moment and everyone thought it was funny but it stuck in my mind. It is really true. Rag tag means we are raggedy we aren't perfect, fancy, or shiny. Hooligan means we are sinners we sometimes cause mischief and yet God still loves us. It is a good reminder not to be proud. I don't know everything I'm just one rag tag hooligan stumbling in the footsteps of Jesus.
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

Oh, Snubs, you were saying how short you were? Enjoy it! I grew another inch when I was gone... 6' 3" now... :P I kinda like it, but when you are short you can get through doors and find pants and bend down and the like with ease!!

So I have always loved storms, and lightning is my favorite part! This has been my username since I don't know how long! It is on my Mii from the Wii I got when I was 13, and it is the username I used in that old CellUFun thing. (LIGHTNING19 actually) I don't really remember the first time I used it... Anyway, I was LIGHTNING on the old whitsend.org site... I miss those days... Anyway though, I met a lot of really interesting people and made a LOT of history and inside jokes... Well, when the site changed, I kinda faded away from it. I kept using LIGHTNING and lLIGHTNINGl out of habit online, and by the time I made up more creative names, I had all these LIGHTNING accounts I did not really want to try to change... So after some time I hear about this place and decided to check it out. I used my old username so if any of the people I knew years ago were on this site they would be able to recognize me! I am still trying to track down my old partner in crime Fear The Unknown by the way, so if anyone has seen her, point me in the right direction please!! That is about the short version of it though! :D KTS
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Mine is from my middle name, and 88 keys on a piano. :)
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
LIGHTNING
Pilgrim

Post by LIGHTNING »

Lizzy88 wrote:Mine is from my middle name, and 88 keys on a piano. :)
:shame: We all write books, and you fall shy of just one line!
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

What? :?
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?