Favourite/Least Favourite Episodes

What is yours?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
aragtaghooligan
29K to go!

Favourite/Least Favourite Episodes

Post by aragtaghooligan »

I am new here and surprised that I can't find a thread like this already. I'm interested to hear your favourite and least favourite episodes an why.

As a kid my favourite was the one where the Barclays had a staycation. I listened to it on repeat and made my parents let me camp in the living room. I also liked all the Dr. Blackard ones and in general most of the multiple part big adventures which are still my favourites although now I also like some of the ones about death because of my life experiences. I never liked any of the Twilife Zone ones. I also found the one with the secret room in the basement scary and creepy.However my least favourites of all were Castles and Cauldrons and Someone to Watch Over Me.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I always loved the Novacom episodes because those were the first Odyssey episodes I really listened to sequentially. Before that I had heard a few isolated episodes like The Barclay Family Ski Vacation and Melanie's Diary and Isaac the Courageous.

Then whambam spy cameras were everywhere and the Novabox was taking over people's minds, and Arthur Dent went insane and where was Eugene and WOW THIS IS SO EXCITING!

That voice recording of Justine being straight up murdered was probably the darkest and most thrillingly intense thing I'd ever heard in my young life, and it both terrified and excited 9 year old me.
aragtaghooligan
29K to go!

Post by aragtaghooligan »

I liked that series too but it got a little too unbelievable and too intense/ scary at times but I loved the mystery and that it went on for so many albums and slowly built up and up. My favourite from that, oddly enough, was when Connie thought she had lost someone she really loved (no spoilers just in case). I loved the way Wooton comforted her. That was really insightful because when I lost my Dad what I needed most was someone to just be there and I like how he explained how that can say I love you.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I found Castles and Cauldrons so scary, that even to this day I have never listened to all of it. Snow Day used to be my favourite episode, but I have listened to it so many times that I have tired of it.
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

YES! Novacom is literally pure awesomeness :yes: My favorite part of the saga would probably have to be, "The Black Veil." I got the Novacom Saga this past Christmas and listened to it in two days...I might have been obsessed with it ever so slightly... Anyway my actual favorite episode is, "The Labyrinth." It was soooo well put together and I loooved Sue's accent ^_^ [The Case of the Secret Room always freaks me out, but I wouldn't exactly consider it a least favorite episode]
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I love all of the arcs. Novacom, Blackgaard, and yes, The Green Ring Conspiracy(my least favorite of the three). Novacom would have to be my favorite, though. Like Smaug, it was my first sequential listening experience. I listened to most of it on a 10-hour drive. Good times :D
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

My favorite episode is probably "Mum's the Word". It has a really nice, casual, slice-of-life feel to it and has some of my favorite scenes with my favorite characters—and of course, my AIO OTP. :inlove:

My least favorite...probably "Castles & Cauldrons". I'm not fond of message-oriented media that make strawmen out of the opposing viewpoint.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
WindowWasher
I've been here a bit

Post by WindowWasher »

Favorite: A Greater Love

Least Favorite: The Great Wishy Woz
Exercise Daily-Walk with The Lord!
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I have a love-hate relationship with the Novacom Saga. I was enthralled while it first aired...and now I look back on the fact that it took two years to tell, and I believe it was kind of cruel and unusual torture. It was also a little over the top for Odyssey. When they finally aired a few years later on the daily broadcast, I meticulously recorded every episode to cassette, even running to pause it during commercials. I held onto those tapes for awhile: I probably still have a few of them. Novacom was probably my favorite and least favorite all at once.

In general, though, I think my least favorites are the Twilife Zone ones (I listened to one today and I don't hate it nearly as much as I did as a kid, but they're still unsettling). There are others that aren't that exciting to me, but really no episodes I absolutely don't like.

My favorites will always be the Darkness Before Dawn episodes, A Name Not A Number, and Waylaid in the Windy City. Non-Blackgaard favorites would probably be: Blind Justice (I cheered when that one came on today), Gifts for Madge and Guy, Snow Day, Relatively Annoying, and others I'm not thinking of right now.

EDIT:

As I'm listening through all the episodes, I've been reminded of some more. I can't stand NYE Live. No particular reason, it's just probably my least favorite.

Malachi's Message. I'm listening to it now and it still hits my heart like it did when it first aired. Definitely near the top of my favorites.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

My absolute favorite episode is "Gloobers". I love episodes with Jared and Dwayne. They're two of my favorite character. I used to listen to this one occasionally when I was younger. I would have listened to it more but the Gloober noises creeped out my little sister. But now we both quote it every now and then.

Dwayne Oswald: Look at the size of them! They’re twice as big as they were before!
Jared DeWhite: Yeah, well, the bigger they are the harder they fall! Set blasters to rapid-fire! Let’s make some Gloober-goo!

Jared DeWhite: Dwayne? Are we alive?
Dwayne Oswald: Yeah. Unless Heaven has linoleum floors.

I also like Split Ends and True Calling (Irving and Solly are hilarious!)

SNUBS, TAG.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

Why don't you ask something easy, like what's my favorite book? ;)

Let's see. My "Favorites" playlist for AIO in iTunes has about 30 episodes on it right now. I'd have to say the B-TV and KYDS Radio episodes are among my favorites, and tops in those are "BTV: Envy", "OT Action News: Battle at the Kishon", and "Fairy Tal-e-Vision" ("Look out! It's gonna fall...again!"). Non B-TV/KYDS Radio favorites include "Where Is Thy Sting?", "The Painting", "Life in the Third Person", and parts of the Novacom and Leonard Meltsner sagas.

As far as least favorite episodes go, I'm not that fond of anything from album 50 with the exception of "The Imagination Station, Revisited".
aragtaghooligan wrote:I liked that series too but it got a little too unbelievable and too intense/ scary at times but I loved the mystery and that it went on for so many albums and slowly built up and up. My favourite from that, oddly enough, was when Connie thought she had lost someone she really loved (no spoilers just in case). I loved the way Wooton comforted her. That was really insightful because when I lost my Dad what I needed most was someone to just be there and I like how he explained how that can say I love you.
"Plan B: Resistance" is one of my favorite episodes from Novacom too, mainly for that reason (and am I the only one who misses "that" Wooton?).
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
WatchaCall
Animatronic

Post by WatchaCall »

Favorite episode is "Connie." I think it set the tone for the entire AIO run. She is the constant illustration of what Christ can do in one's life.
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

Favorite: The Mortal Coil
Least Favorite: Caroling, Caroling
Resident JRPG nut
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Favorites include Back to Bethlehem (the memories :inlove:), The Time Has Come (that incredible Imagination Station scene?!), and a handful of the slice-of-life episodes. Man, nostalgia :(

Least favorite: anything with Sam. And Snow Day.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

Marvin D. wrote:Least favorite: anything with Sam. And Snow Day.
:shock: HOW!? I LOVE Snow Day!! But I understand the Sam thing.

So yeah. Snow Day is the first one off the top of my head as a favorite. also Switch. And pretty much anything with Wooton. and some awesome Novacom episodes.

I don't like Castles and Cauldrons or Caroling, Caroling AT ALL. also other creepy or cliche episodes.
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

Bethany's flood. Ugh.
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Favourite - Malachi's Message.
Least favourite - The Power. *shakes head*
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Monty_Whittaker

Mortal Coil is still the best but honestly Castles And Cauldrons is probably the worst.
Resident JRPG nut
Scientific Guy
Tallying up

Post by Scientific Guy »

Monty_Whittaker wrote:Mortal Coil is still the best but honestly Castles And Cauldrons is probably the worst.
:-s Would you stop slamming Castles and Cauldrons so much? I'd say that Bethany's Flood would be worse.
Monty_Whittaker

Why are you defending it tho #-o :? , it is really bad.
Resident JRPG nut