Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Yay! We had a good Father's Day, too! :D

Except for the grill catching on fire and Dad having to run and grab the fire extinguisher to put it out, and smoke billowing everywhere and the sausages being burnt to a crisp. \:D/ Other than that, it was great!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Today I had a surprising day! A friend invited me to visit her after work, so I dropped by, brought her some books to borrow, chatted about stuff (including both of our plans for the evening, ran a few errands, and headed home to find...that I was the victim of a surprise birthday party! :mad: Apparently the dinner plans that my friend had were actually with me at my house, unbeknownst to me! ;) My good friends and some close family members were there, and it was very nice. I was definitely surprised!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm halfway through my summer school class \:D/

Till the end of the line.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I'm barely gonna start my summer class next Wednesday. =o
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I had a fun day visiting a bakery and learning about decorating, as well as an afternoon of shopping! I was with a fun group and we had a really great day. It was the perfect start to summer. :D
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Having fun trying to keep up with 20 energetic teenagers. I'm deaning at a camp that teaches kids how to do unselfish ministry in their communities. This evening we played a good game of soccer, which got a bit crazy since most of the attendees (including myself) have very little experience with the sport. Had to patch up a couple of kids who got scraped up, bruised, and blistered.
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

Ooh! Sounds like fun Nate. \:D/ Don't ya love those teens? xD
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Ooh! Sounds like fun Nate. \:D/ Don't ya love those teens? xD
Most definitely. :D
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Hello Beautiful People,

I've been gone for a long while, but I have returned for the time being. I'm very much excited to see what's been going on while I was away, and I'll gladly tell a bit about what's been happening in my life while you've not seen me around. But only if you'd like to know.

I've missed you all. Life is insane, and beautiful, and crazier than ever. It's good to be home. *Hugs Everyone*
merp.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hi Samantha. :D It's nice to have you back! Of course we want to know what you were up to!

I had a fun day yesterday. I visited a friend (and brought her some new books to read) and then spent time with my sister, shopping and attending a local theatrical production. Lots of fun! \:D/
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Samantha14 wrote:Hello Beautiful People,

I've been gone for a long while, but I have returned for the time being. I'm very much excited to see what's been going on while I was away, and I'll gladly tell a bit about what's been happening in my life while you've not seen me around. But only if you'd like to know.

I've missed you all. Life is insane, and beautiful, and crazier than ever. It's good to be home. *Hugs Everyone*
SAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're B A C K!!!!
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I helped in a different area of Sunday School than I usually do at church this morning, so that was interesting! It's good to see what happens outside of my little area. Then this afternoon/early evening I wen to a birthday party for my best friend's two little boys and her niece. All three of them have birthdays within a month of each other and they're all still young, so the invite lists are too similar to not just have one big party! It was way too hot, but lots of fun. They were all pleased with the books and puzzles that I bought, but I think the real winner was their uncle, who bought marshmallow guns and marshmallow bows and arrows! When he has kids one day, there will be much payback. ;)
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Catspaw wrote:They were all pleased with the books and puzzles that I bought, but I think the real winner was their uncle, who bought marshmallow guns and marshmallow bows and arrows! When he has kids one day, there will be much payback. ;)
LOL! My little brother brought a 6-dart nerf gun to our grandma's house and mercilessly pelted our (20-yr old) cousin, who was defenseless, with it. Well, next Sunday, Joe (our cousin) had two 35-dart Nerf guns with large stock of bullets and it was payback time! Little brother subsequently asked our uncle for a potato cannon for his birthday :lol:
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Lizzy88 wrote:
Catspaw wrote:They were all pleased with the books and puzzles that I bought, but I think the real winner was their uncle, who bought marshmallow guns and marshmallow bows and arrows! When he has kids one day, there will be much payback. ;)
LOL! My little brother brought a 6-dart nerf gun to our grandma's house and mercilessly pelted our (20-yr old) cousin, who was defenseless, with it. Well, next Sunday, Joe (our cousin) had two 35-dart Nerf guns with large stock of bullets and it was payback time! Little brother subsequently asked our uncle for a potato cannon for his birthday :lol:
Rookie mistake! You always have to keep the retaliation factor in mind. ;) Sounds like a fun time!

Today I got to tag along with my best friend and her two little boys as they went to the dentist. I was the extra pair of hands that isn't totally necessary, but much appreciated. Wow, going to the dentist is more fun than when I was a kid! There were lots of smiling faces and toys and TV's. It was a great place for kids to see the dentist as a good place to go, that's for sure. :D
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Just got very curious today and signed on to theToO. Rather surprised this is still around! (pleasantly of course)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Samwise! :shock: *waves*
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Hi back! You're still around! haha that's fantastic! Hope life is treating you well, and your brother. I'm doing quite well, getting married in two months. :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Samwise! It's great to see you back on the ToO! :D Congratulations on your engagement. \:D/

I had a fun day today with my best friend. We went to a city a couple hours away, ate lunch, went shopping, ate more yummy stuff, did more shopping, and then got ice cream for the trip home! We didn't actually buy that much, but it was fun to browse and hang out together all day! It's been a long time since we've had a chance to do a day like that.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Samwise wrote:Hi back! You're still around! haha that's fantastic! Hope life is treating you well, and your brother. I'm doing quite well, getting married in two months. :)
Welcome back, and congrats! :D
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I've been having an awesome time with my cousins these last couple days :)

Till the end of the line.