Honorary Citizen Ceremony

In appreciation of a special citizen of the ToO

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Honorary Citizen Ceremony

Post by snubs »

Thank you all for gathering here as we honor a very special guest.. bookworm!
*applause*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

He has been a citizen of this fair Town since July 2006, and has since proven to be a very valuable member. A member this Town wouldn't be the same without.

Bookworm, this ceremony is a way for the Town of Odyssey to acknowledge and show our appreciation for all that you do, especially regarding the job you gladly take on in preserving the ToO's history. Your efforts do not go unnoticed. The Change Team realizes the amount of time and energy it must take to embark on such a task, and the cool thing is, you do out of your own free will! You not only keep the Town's past in order but make sure this board's present is in check too, by remembering special occasions/dates and helping to keep the ToO organized.

So without further ado, on behalf of the ToO, Moontide and I (snubs) would like to change the title you have clearly earned from 'Unofficial Historian' to 'Official' by presenting you with this plaque. =D>
"Town of Odyssey Official Historian (2015)"

:photo:
We would also like to present you with the key to the Town!! =D> \:D/ Use it to continue your historian pastime duties or any of the other ToO things you do.. just be sure to lock up at night. ;)

*applause*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thank you for being the person we all can go to when it comes to questions about our Town's past! :)

Below is a card signed by some of the ToO'ers. \:D/
Click to enlarge images.

\:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Congratulations to bookworm for this well-deserved honour! His dedication to preserving the ToO's history and the things that to some of us (like me!) are fuzzy memories is much appreciated. :yes: Thanks, bookworm.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This is such a surprise! I am truly touched; thank you all!

I didn’t know if anyone really cared about what all I do around here, or actually realized that it is indeed quite a bit of work. Not that I wanted them to, I don’t do it for any recognition, I do it because I want to. I don’t personally see it as work, it’s a labor of love that I genuinely enjoy, but recently I have come to realize how consuming a task it really is as it has become necessary to back burner various ToO projects in deference to more pressing life matters, so it is very gratifying to see this expression of appreciation.

It may seem odd to some for a website to have a historian, but this isn’t just any website. This is a very special and truly unique community that does have a distinct and storied history. There is indeed a story to preserve if one cares to devote attention to it. I fell into the position naturally; from my very first experiences here I knew I not only wanted to participate in this place, but to celebrate it.

I will use this opportunity to make a clear offer of my services to anyone who didn’t realize what my title meant. If you have a question about pretty much anything about the ToO, please feel free to approach me. A question about events or members of our past, whether it’s a specific bit of information you want or just a general curiosity you want to learn more about, I am more than willing to share what I know, and if I don’t know it I will research it. I don’t study all this ToO information so I can sit back and just know it for myself; it’s so I can share it with others. My purpose isn’t to simply have this knowledge, it’s to impart it.

I am honored to be offered this new title, though slightly hesitant to accept it merely because when I expressed desire to be recognized as the Unofficial Historian on December 13th of 2009 the adjective was approved by Catspaw with the remark that “this way nobody will expect you to know/remember everything about the past 4+ years (hopefully.) ;) ” so now I’m having a bit of a darcie’s blue name moment. ;) But all I can do in assisting people with their inquiries is my best, which I did while in the office unofficially, so nothing has changed on my end. As long as people don’t start putting unreasonable expectations on now we’ll be fine. :P

Thank you again for taking the time to give this recognition. As I said it’s not why I do what I do, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t truly appreciated. I love this community and I want others to as well. That’s why I took up this mantle; so other people can see why the ToO is so special to me. :D
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

bookworm wrote:I am honored to be offered this new title, though slightly hesitant to accept it merely because when I expressed desire to be recognized as the Unofficial Historian on December 13th of 2009 the adjective was approved by Catspaw with the remark that “this way nobody will expect you to know/remember everything about the past 4+ years (hopefully.) ;) ” so now I’m having a bit of a darcie’s blue name moment. ;) But all I can do in assisting people with their inquiries is my best, which I did while in the office unofficially, so nothing has changed on my end. As long as people don’t start putting unreasonable expectations on now we’ll be fine. :P
This was in no way meant to put unwanted responsibilities on you. But only to let you know your efforts are appreciated and seen. :yes: So you can continue what you do exactly the way you always do. We all know you (and everyone else) has offline life duties, and realize this is something you do because you want to. And well, we'd like to keep it that way. So no need to feel hesitant or pressured. :)
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I was mostly joking; just wanted to give darcie a hard time. ;)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

bookworm wrote:I was mostly joking; just wanted to give darcie a hard time. ;)
:lol: Well, I just wanted to be clear. ;)
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Congrats again, worm of the books! \:D/
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Congrats bookworm! I had meant to write a note, but (as usual) I forgot.

Thanks for all you do for the community as our historian. I love the passion you have for preserving our history. (even if it does severely slant trivia contests in your favor ;) ) You are a truly great ToOer.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

About time bookworm got some recognition!

bookworm, you're my favorite ToOer. I'm just saying.

Just.... sorry I'm late.

:D
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I approve of this thread. \:D/

Congrats, bookworm. Entirely deserved.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Whitty Whit wrote:bookworm, you're my favorite ToOer. I'm just saying.
I'm very flattered, but I'm sure you mean after Catspaw. It's such a given that she's everyone's favorite ToOer you didn't think to mention it.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:bookworm, you're my favorite ToOer. I'm just saying.
I'm very flattered, but I'm sure you mean after Catspaw. It's such a given that she's everyone's favorite ToOer you didn't think to mention it.
Nope, take the compliment. It wouldn't be fair for me to be everybody's favourite, after all. O:) (And I am definitely not.) ;)
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Well earned. \:D/

SnC Forever. Miss you still.