A diagram of the ToO economy

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Moontide
No way I broke the window

A diagram of the ToO economy

Post by Moontide »

Here is a diagram of the ToO economy that I made, specifically the cash flow of the ToO economy. These are the things that would effect inflation and deflation of the ToO's economy.

Limerick
OK

Post by Limerick »

That is really cool, Moontide. Do new members get money automatically or something? I wasn't aware that brings in more money. If not, I think it still makes sense in the diagram, but maybe before posts? Since I think it is their posts that bring in money?

Haha @ political corruption though xD
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

The new members get $15.0 when they join: http://thetoo.com/points.php?mode=info
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

This is awesome, Moontide. \:D/

POLITICAL CORRUPTION. :lol:

:evillaugh:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Lookin' at you, EK. ;)

Nice job, Moontide! Though there needs to be another circle for bookworm's giant pile of cash. :p
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This is a great chart for the most part, but I question the accuracy of the political corruption stream. You show it running through active members, but it would seem to me more likely corrupt funds are laundered through inactive accounts so the cash fluctuations are less likely to be noticed.
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

The flow that is labelled "Political Corruption" is conceptualized to be when the admin adds money to users accounts for no legitimate reason. (For example to see if anyone would notice) I assumed that the admin would only both giving cash to users who were active. Also, if the money was given to inactive users, then I don't see a way to get it to the intended target, either the admin or some other active user.

By labelling it political corruption, I wasn't making moral judgment. So no offence to any past admin.
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

That's funny. And cool.
What's an election fee?
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

An election fee is what you pay to be on the ballot. It varies for each election.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

The election fee is likely the largest part of outflow of the economy.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

This is awesome, Moontide. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Every thread involving ToO money devolves into discussing bookworm's wealth, and its origins. :p
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."