STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

That takes place in Revenge of the Sith... I doubt they'll try to mess with the canon. That clone was probably a rogue whose programming kicked in too early.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

My favorite theory, that KF and I came with in the chat, is that Ahsoka is frozen in carbon so that she can survive all the the events of the movies and star (or at least appear) in Episode VII. Of course they do have the adult Ahsoka model from the Mortis Trilogy so if this new series they are working on is set between episodes 6 & 7, she could be in that as an adult.
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Star Wars is buying in on the March Madness thing: http://starwars.com/this-is-madness/index.html#bracket

So, if they need motivation to bring back Ahsoka, what would happen if she went and won this thing? Let's do it people. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Knight Fisher wrote:Star Wars is buying in on the March Madness thing: http://starwars.com/this-is-madness/index.html#bracket
Just a few thoughts about the pairings:
Hondo vs Cad Bane? They can't do that!!!!!! How could I ever decide?
Count Dooku vs Tarkin - Now that is an interesting pairing....
Obi-wan vs Qui-Gon - another impossible decision...

No Contest (for me at least):
Vader>Grievous, Jabba>Salacious Crumb, Boba Fett>Dengar, Emperor>IG-88, Ahsoka>Rex
and after this last arc Yoda>Mace (I just dislike Mace now)
Knight Fisher wrote:So, if they need motivation to bring back Ahsoka, what would happen if she went and won this thing? Let's do it people. \:D/
I like this idea!
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Blessed Cheesemaker wrote:My favorite theory, that KF and I came with in the chat, is that Ahsoka is frozen in carbon so that she can survive all the the events of the movies and star (or at least appear) in Episode VII. Of course they do have the adult Ahsoka model from the Mortis Trilogy so if this new series they are working on is set between episodes 6 & 7, she could be in that as an adult.
I like this theory. \:D/ It would be interesting to see her as an adult, rogue (if you will) Jedi.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I haven't seen a single episode of this, but I've always kind of wanted to. I don't despise the new trilogy like some people, but at the same time I'm not as big a fan of it as I am the OT, and since this apparently takes place in that timeline it just isn't as high on my priority list as it should be. :(

Disney has been working with Netflix a lot, and the series is cancelled, so hopefully the whole thing will be put up on instant streaming, then I'll at least give it a shot. \:D/
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I find a lot of the episodes in the Clone Wars are overly predictable, and some storylines are dumb and tiring. (robot-droidy storyline, anyone?) I haven't been following this closely, I watch an episode when my dad and brother is.
My Little Pony is less predictable than the Clone Wars. 9 times out of 10 I can tell what's gonna happen next.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Lots of the Clone Wars are NOT predictable. :- Seriously. Some of it is, yes, but most of it hasn't been. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I was the watching the season 6 finale and I saw Corey Burton's name in the credits. The voice of Cryin' Bryan Dern among 90 various other characters on Odyssey played Count Dooku and Cad Bane. Definitely never hearing them the same way anymore. O.o
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah Corey Burton does voices in like... every thing. Not quite to Nolan North levels but he's up there.
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

Yep. If you pay attention, Burton does like... everything in Clone Wars. (well, at least a lot :P)

There's also an episode in Star Wars Rebels where he plays one of the bad guys...and apparently since he was in the studio, he plays most of the storm troopers in that episode too. :P
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Watching the important episodes with my family before going back and starting Rebels Season 2. I had forgotten how good some of the season 3 arcs are. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I really liked Clone Wars, and I'm looking forward to rewatching some arcs after it's been a bit longer since I've seen it. It was fun to hear a few different familiar voices, and most (though not quite all) arcs were really entertaining and fit so well with the known universe while still adding something special.

I haven't see any of Rebels yet - I'm hoping it ends up on Netflix.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Question: I tapped out of the series after season two. It just seemed like it was targeted at kids a lot younger than me. Are the later seasons worth going back and watching?
he/him | a little stinker.
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

Totaaalllyyy. The first two are more meh, you start getting into some really good story arcs season 3 and onward.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, my brother and I both really enjoyed the series and we're older than you! ;) Keep watching! :D Because of the variety in story arcs, some are aimed a little younger, but there's still lots that appeals to an adult audience.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

IT'S COMING BACK.

Monty_Whittaker

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

YESSSS! I love this show!
Resident JRPG nut
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was interested to see that somebody posted in this thread again, and then before I actually saw what was posted I looked at the IMDB in another tab and saw one of their top new things was a Clone Wars trailer and knew why this thread was bumped! How exciting! \;D/ I really hope these new episodes end up on Netflix Canada in a timely manner.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:I really hope these new episodes end up on Netflix Canada in a timely manner.
No chance; this is going to be the selling point for the Disney streaming service.