I've been living a lie.

And I need to come clean.

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and his aides!

I've been living a lie.

Postby Marvin D. » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:50 am

Soooo. .I have a confession to make. I've been living an elaborate lie.

After I joined the ToO in 2009 as MITCHnTRENT (so original >__>), it didn't take long for me to realize how annoying the posting limit was, because let's be honest, 30 seconds? 2 posts a minute? Double posting banned?! :noway: But then. .I realized that if I created a sockpuppet who I could talk to, I could post as much as I want. Thus, Moontide was born. I still was limited by that minimum- time-between-posts limit, so I used Moontide to ask for that to be removed, but no one else liked that idea :x

Now, to keep anyone from discovering that Moontide and Marvin D. were the same person I gave them crazy different personalities: Marvin D. was a grammar Nazi, but Moontide was a. .grammar-liberal; Marvin D. was sarcastic, Moontide was extremely literal; Marvin D. was fan of signatures, Moontide was against them. No one would ever suspect.

As the years went by I got busy; I couldn't maintain both accounts. Thus, one of the accounts would leave for a while until I had free time and they could return. I tried really hard to keep the counts separate, and only slipped up a few times. Really, Moontide's personality was sort of fake. (Who could be against signatures?!) However, I never made a fatal mistake. Until now.

I got lazy and I accidentally posted this and this, under my Moontide handle, even though that was supposed to be a Marvin post; and this and thisunder Marvin D. when I thought I was Moontide. , but I didn't realize it until later. It's happened once or twice before, but. .it's happening more frequently now and it's just too much effort. .But yeah. Figured it would be best to just come clean and let you all know.

Thus. .this. Surprise!

(And goodbye to Moontide. I figured it was time to put him to rest once and for all. :()
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
i haz xpirenancee!!1
User avatar
Marvin D.

Oh Anna Sun

 
Posts: 19358
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:24 am
Location: Amsterdam
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 216.74
Bank: 10,100.00
Blog: View Blog (26)

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby Knight Fisher » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:39 am

Wait you're saying you like Safari? O.o

What else is a lie? Is Top a Canadian?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Image
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness
User avatar
Knight Fisher

 
Posts: 5255
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 2:09 pm
Age: 22
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 386.43
Bank: 0.00

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby Catspaw » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:47 pm

Oh dear...once upon a time I never would have missed something as blatantly obvious as this, but clearly I'm slipping in my old age. I will immediately delete the Moontide account and remove 35% of Marvin's current funds as a fine for this egregious act of wrongdoing. I'm not mad, but I am disappointed. :(
Image
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar
Catspaw

 
Posts: 28603
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Canada
Age: 34
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 8,524.83
Bank: 1,958.31

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby bookworm » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:36 pm

Well now I have to scrap those campaign plans. "Bookworm and Marvin" doesn't have the same ring to it.
Image
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
User avatar
bookworm

 
Posts: 14718
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm
Location: reading or on the computer
Age: 28
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 293.48
Bank: 59,143.88

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby snubs » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:25 pm

Marvin, I'm glad you finally had the courage to get this out in the open. I was tired of hiding your secret. :(

The Change Team was really just Marvin and snubs 2.0. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
Image
| ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | AIO t-shirts |
Quiet Strength
User avatar
snubs

is Kaida's friend.

 
Posts: 8132
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:39 am
Location: Loserville
Age: 27

Cash on hand: 8.65
Bank: 19,900.00

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby Countess » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:18 pm

*coughs*

Any other double natures we should know about?
I'm finally not a No0b
User avatar
Countess

I exist. I always will

 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: Somewhere beyond you
Age: 21
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 665.58
Bank: 0.00

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby Woody » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:45 pm

I too have a confession to make... I'm Isaiah the Ox. I created him because I had a massive crush on Countess and knew she would never love me as Woody. Thus, Ox was born. I made him the perfect counter to Countess... witty, clever, and a fabulous debater. I even got BlessedCheesemaker and Astronomer to acknowledge me as their actual brother. But alas, it was an elaborate lie. I see now how foolish it was for me to even attempt such a preposterous lie. It was never going to work. :(

I must also confess that I used the Ox account to cheat in the Bible Bowl. That's why our teams' scores were always so close... At the end of the competition, I donated his prize to my main account, thus giving me the biggest prize of all.

I make my formal apology to all of my friends here, under both names. I've lied and cheated and I'm truly sorry. I beg your forgiveness.
Photobucket was evil and made third-party display a premium feature. Then they increased the size and obnoxiousness of the placeholder advertisement encouraging me to upgrade. Thus, this text signature.
I'll catch up to Bren!
User avatar
Woody

The man that stops the monsters

 
Posts: 5120
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:39 pm
Location: Whenever and wherever I want to be
Age: 102

Cash on hand: 2,201.34
Bank: 3.96
Blog: View Blog (25)

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby Kaida » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:05 pm

Young Master Woody wrote:I too have a confession to make... I'm Isaiah the Ox. I created him because I had a massive crush on Countess and knew she would never love me as Woody. Thus, Ox was born. I made him the perfect counter to Countess... witty, clever, and a fabulous debater. I even got BlessedCheesemaker and Astronomer to acknowledge me as their actual brother. But alas, it was an elaborate lie. I see now how foolish it was for me to even attempt such a preposterous lie. It was never going to work. :(

I must also confess that I used the Ox account to cheat in the Bible Bowl. That's why our teams' scores were always so close... At the end of the competition, I donated his prize to my main account, thus giving me the biggest prize of all.

I make my formal apology to all of my friends here, under both names. I've lied and cheated and I'm truly sorry. I beg your forgiveness.



All right, y'all. Shall we cut off his fingers and toes, feed him to a shark, or just a clean and simple beheading?

I personally vote for fingers and toes because I want his big toe. But I do have a shark in the backyard who would really enjoy him.

Your call.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
Whale you be my friend?
User avatar
Kaida

is snubs' friend.

 
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:33 pm
Location: the Neverland
Age: 26
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 123.37
Bank: 1,100.00

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby Paula » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:18 pm

Kaida wrote:
Young Master Woody wrote:I too have a confession to make... I'm Isaiah the Ox. I created him because I had a massive crush on Countess and knew she would never love me as Woody. Thus, Ox was born. I made him the perfect counter to Countess... witty, clever, and a fabulous debater. I even got BlessedCheesemaker and Astronomer to acknowledge me as their actual brother. But alas, it was an elaborate lie. I see now how foolish it was for me to even attempt such a preposterous lie. It was never going to work. :(

I must also confess that I used the Ox account to cheat in the Bible Bowl. That's why our teams' scores were always so close... At the end of the competition, I donated his prize to my main account, thus giving me the biggest prize of all.

I make my formal apology to all of my friends here, under both names. I've lied and cheated and I'm truly sorry. I beg your forgiveness.



All right, y'all. Shall we cut off his fingers and toes, feed him to a shark, or just a clean and simple beheading?

I personally vote for fingers and toes because I want his big toe. But I do have a shark in the backyard who would really enjoy him.

Your call.


Feed him to a shark :yay:
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
I'm finally not a No0b
User avatar
Paula

Thinking About Christmas All Day Erryday

 
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:48 pm
Location: A Time Hollow
Age: 18
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 353.97
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (51)

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby Bren » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:12 pm

I'd say throw them both in the lake.
Image



Former Mayor x1
User avatar
Bren

 
Posts: 5260
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:18 pm
Location: The Whit's End Podcast studios
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 593.58
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby Marvin D. » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:53 pm

Knight Fisher wrote:Wait you're saying you like Safari? O.o

What else is a lie? Is Top a Canadian?

I have a MacBook; Safari is all I use :noway:

Catspaw wrote:Oh dear...once upon a time I never would have missed something as blatantly obvious as this, but clearly I'm slipping in my old age. I will immediately delete the Moontide account and remove 35% of Marvin's current funds as a fine for this egregious act of wrongdoing. I'm not mad, but I am disappointed. :(

:x

snubs wrote:Marvin, I'm glad you finally had the courage to get this out in the open. I was tired of hiding your secret. :(

The Change Team was really just Marvin and snubs 2.0. \:D/

I know, right?! It was way too easy to be admin multiple times that way :-

Young Master Woody wrote:I too have a confession to make... I'm Isaiah the Ox. I created him because I had a massive crush on Countess and knew she would never love me as Woody. Thus, Ox was born. I made him the perfect counter to Countess... witty, clever, and a fabulous debater. I even got BlessedCheesemaker and Astronomer to acknowledge me as their actual brother. But alas, it was an elaborate lie. I see now how foolish it was for me to even attempt such a preposterous lie. It was never going to work. :(

I must also confess that I used the Ox account to cheat in the Bible Bowl. That's why our teams' scores were always so close... At the end of the competition, I donated his prize to my main account, thus giving me the biggest prize of all.

I make my formal apology to all of my friends here, under both names. I've lied and cheated and I'm truly sorry. I beg your forgiveness.

Don't steal my thunder :x
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
i haz xpirenancee!!1
User avatar
Marvin D.

Oh Anna Sun

 
Posts: 19358
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:24 am
Location: Amsterdam
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 216.74
Bank: 10,100.00
Blog: View Blog (26)

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby Kaida » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:30 am

Bren wrote:I'd say throw them both in the lake.


Nah, just Woody. Marvin was a genius to do this joke. =D>
Woody was too late. So... shark?
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
Whale you be my friend?
User avatar
Kaida

is snubs' friend.

 
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:33 pm
Location: the Neverland
Age: 26
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 123.37
Bank: 1,100.00

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby Moontide » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:34 am

As a post-April-fools note, only the posts that are linked to by this thread are part of this joke. Everything else is real.
The Council isn't corrupt
User avatar
Moontide

I have vanished into the padded room.

 
Posts: 3679
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:44 pm
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 4.28
Bank: 0.01
Blog: View Blog (5)

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby snubs » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:05 am

Kaida wrote:
Bren wrote:I'd say throw them both in the lake.

Nah, just Woody. Marvin was a genius to do this joke. =D>
Woody was too late. So... shark?
I'll leave him in your hands. I don't have time do deal with miscreants. :noway:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
Image
| ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | AIO t-shirts |
Quiet Strength
User avatar
snubs

is Kaida's friend.

 
Posts: 8132
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:39 am
Location: Loserville
Age: 27

Cash on hand: 8.65
Bank: 19,900.00

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby Lizzy88 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:10 pm

Slap both of them on the floor repeatedly...
Image
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
I guess I'll stick around
User avatar
Lizzy88

Christmas is coming! PREPARE YOURSELVES!

 
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:18 pm
Age: 19

Cash on hand: 11.88
Bank: 509.00

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby Kaida » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:13 pm

Lizzy88 wrote:Slap both of them on the floor repeatedly...


You are a genius!
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
Whale you be my friend?
User avatar
Kaida

is snubs' friend.

 
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:33 pm
Location: the Neverland
Age: 26
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 123.37
Bank: 1,100.00

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby Marvin D. » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:39 am

:evillaugh:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
i haz xpirenancee!!1
User avatar
Marvin D.

Oh Anna Sun

 
Posts: 19358
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:24 am
Location: Amsterdam
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 216.74
Bank: 10,100.00
Blog: View Blog (26)

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby Blitz » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:22 am

Lizzy88 wrote:Slap both of them on the floor repeatedly...


How about a burning tar floor... :evil:
Image
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody

Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
The Council must persist
User avatar
Blitz

Stars are only visible in darkness

 
Posts: 1958
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:46 am
Age: 20

Cash on hand: 435.06
Bank: 0.00

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby aragtaghooligan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:26 am

Hahahah, this was funny.
Why am I even here?
User avatar
aragtaghooligan
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Cash on hand: 164.87

Re: I've been living a lie.

Postby The Kings Daughter » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:08 pm

Lizzy88 wrote:Slap both of them on the floor repeatedly...

[And the winning reaction award goes to...]

I popped back on the ToO for a visit today.
I'm glad to see it's still a wonderful place.
Image

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Sonbeam
Sonbeam
User avatar
The Kings Daughter

God is the Light in my dark. <3

 
Posts: 7047
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: In a small town called "Odyssey".
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 698.77
Bank: 0.00

Next

Return to The Steps of City Hall

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron