I've been living a lie.

And I need to come clean.

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

I've been living a lie.

Post by Marvin D. »

Soooo. .I have a confession to make. I've been living an elaborate lie.

After I joined the ToO in 2009 as MITCHnTRENT (so original >__>), it didn't take long for me to realize how annoying the posting limit was, because let's be honest, 30 seconds? 2 posts a minute? Double posting banned?! :noway: But then. .I realized that if I created a sockpuppet who I could talk to, I could post as much as I want. Thus, Moontide was born. I still was limited by that minimum- time-between-posts limit, so I used Moontide to ask for that to be removed, but no one else liked that idea :x

Now, to keep anyone from discovering that Moontide and Marvin D. were the same person I gave them crazy different personalities: Marvin D. was a grammar Nazi, but Moontide was a. .grammar-liberal; Marvin D. was sarcastic, Moontide was extremely literal; Marvin D. was fan of signatures, Moontide was against them. No one would ever suspect.

As the years went by I got busy; I couldn't maintain both accounts. Thus, one of the accounts would leave for a while until I had free time and they could return. I tried really hard to keep the counts separate, and only slipped up a few times. Really, Moontide's personality was sort of fake. (Who could be against signatures?!) However, I never made a fatal mistake. Until now.

I got lazy and I accidentally posted this and this, under my Moontide handle, even though that was supposed to be a Marvin post; and this and thisunder Marvin D. when I thought I was Moontide. , but I didn't realize it until later. It's happened once or twice before, but. .it's happening more frequently now and it's just too much effort. .But yeah. Figured it would be best to just come clean and let you all know.

Thus. .this. Surprise!

(And goodbye to Moontide. I figured it was time to put him to rest once and for all. :()
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Wait you're saying you like Safari? O.o

What else is a lie? Is Top a Canadian?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh dear...once upon a time I never would have missed something as blatantly obvious as this, but clearly I'm slipping in my old age. I will immediately delete the Moontide account and remove 35% of Marvin's current funds as a fine for this egregious act of wrongdoing. I'm not mad, but I am disappointed. :(
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Well now I have to scrap those campaign plans. "Bookworm and Marvin" doesn't have the same ring to it.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Marvin, I'm glad you finally had the courage to get this out in the open. I was tired of hiding your secret. :(

The Change Team was really just Marvin and snubs 2.0. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Countess
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Countess »

*coughs*

Any other double natures we should know about?
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I too have a confession to make... I'm Isaiah the Ox. I created him because I had a massive crush on Countess and knew she would never love me as Woody. Thus, Ox was born. I made him the perfect counter to Countess... witty, clever, and a fabulous debater. I even got BlessedCheesemaker and Astronomer to acknowledge me as their actual brother. But alas, it was an elaborate lie. I see now how foolish it was for me to even attempt such a preposterous lie. It was never going to work. :(

I must also confess that I used the Ox account to cheat in the Bible Bowl. That's why our teams' scores were always so close... At the end of the competition, I donated his prize to my main account, thus giving me the biggest prize of all.

I make my formal apology to all of my friends here, under both names. I've lied and cheated and I'm truly sorry. I beg your forgiveness.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Young Master Woody wrote:I too have a confession to make... I'm Isaiah the Ox. I created him because I had a massive crush on Countess and knew she would never love me as Woody. Thus, Ox was born. I made him the perfect counter to Countess... witty, clever, and a fabulous debater. I even got BlessedCheesemaker and Astronomer to acknowledge me as their actual brother. But alas, it was an elaborate lie. I see now how foolish it was for me to even attempt such a preposterous lie. It was never going to work. :(

I must also confess that I used the Ox account to cheat in the Bible Bowl. That's why our teams' scores were always so close... At the end of the competition, I donated his prize to my main account, thus giving me the biggest prize of all.

I make my formal apology to all of my friends here, under both names. I've lied and cheated and I'm truly sorry. I beg your forgiveness.

All right, y'all. Shall we cut off his fingers and toes, feed him to a shark, or just a clean and simple beheading?

I personally vote for fingers and toes because I want his big toe. But I do have a shark in the backyard who would really enjoy him.

Your call.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Kaida wrote:
Young Master Woody wrote:I too have a confession to make... I'm Isaiah the Ox. I created him because I had a massive crush on Countess and knew she would never love me as Woody. Thus, Ox was born. I made him the perfect counter to Countess... witty, clever, and a fabulous debater. I even got BlessedCheesemaker and Astronomer to acknowledge me as their actual brother. But alas, it was an elaborate lie. I see now how foolish it was for me to even attempt such a preposterous lie. It was never going to work. :(

All right, y'all. Shall we cut off his fingers and toes, feed him to a shark, or just a clean and simple beheading?

I personally vote for fingers and toes because I want his big toe. But I do have a shark in the backyard who would really enjoy him.

Your call.
Feed him to a shark :yay:
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I'd say throw them both in the lake.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Knight Fisher wrote:Wait you're saying you like Safari? O.o

What else is a lie? Is Top a Canadian?
I have a MacBook; Safari is all I use :noway:
Catspaw wrote:Oh dear...once upon a time I never would have missed something as blatantly obvious as this, but clearly I'm slipping in my old age. I will immediately delete the Moontide account and remove 35% of Marvin's current funds as a fine for this egregious act of wrongdoing. I'm not mad, but I am disappointed. :(
:x
snubs wrote:Marvin, I'm glad you finally had the courage to get this out in the open. I was tired of hiding your secret. :(

The Change Team was really just Marvin and snubs 2.0. \:D/
I know, right?! It was way too easy to be admin multiple times that way :-

Don't steal my thunder :x

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Bren wrote:I'd say throw them both in the lake.
Nah, just Woody. Marvin was a genius to do this joke. =D>
Woody was too late. So... shark?
#ForeverKitty
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

As a post-April-fools note, only the posts that are linked to by this thread are part of this joke. Everything else is real.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Kaida wrote:
Bren wrote:I'd say throw them both in the lake.
Nah, just Woody. Marvin was a genius to do this joke. =D>
Woody was too late. So... shark?
I'll leave him in your hands. I don't have time do deal with miscreants. :noway:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Slap both of them on the floor repeatedly...
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Lizzy88 wrote:Slap both of them on the floor repeatedly...
You are a genius!
#ForeverKitty
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

:evillaugh:

Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

How about a burning tar floor... :evil:
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
aragtaghooligan
29K to go!

Post by aragtaghooligan »

Hahahah, this was funny.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

[And the winning reaction award goes to...]

I popped back on the ToO for a visit today.
I'm glad to see it's still a wonderful place.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.