Log of site issues

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Sorry about the recent downtime everyone. I'm still not entirely sure what caused it, and my host wasn't extremely helpful (suggesting things that were completely unrelated)... and than it just started magically working again today. I will likely begin investigating moving the site to a new host in the coming weeks and see what my options are.

Sorry again!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Shadowpaw wrote:Sorry about the recent downtime everyone. I'm still not entirely sure what caused it, and my host wasn't extremely helpful (suggesting things that were completely unrelated)... and than it just started magically working again today. I will likely begin investigating moving the site to a new host in the coming weeks and see what my options are.

Sorry again!
That is very weird. :? But I'm happy that it is finally working again! \:D/ Hopefully we don't have any more major issues.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Very strange indeed. I'm happy to have the ToO back though. Thank you Shadowpaw for all your hard work. =D>
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Definitely glad we're back online; but I'm very disappointed we couldn't identify the issue. I was very curious to find out what it was as I had never seen a situation quite like that and was at a loss what could have caused it. The server was actually still operating, I could ping it with no issues, it was only the webpages that would not load. And even they would eventually come up (after a lot of waiting) at times, so it seemed nothing was down, it was just strangely unreachable.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That was an odd one. Thanks so much for taking care of things, as always, Shadowpaw! :D
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

A few people on the SS noticed that the ToO was down again this morning, in the same way it was before. Luckily it's back now, though.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

The site stopped sending me emails alerting me to new posts in a thread. Is it just me? I looked at my settings and it still is checked to do it. Does anyone know why?
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Countess

Post by Countess »

I still get emails....

BUT, the site has been really slow for me ever since I became a Council Member. ???
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I have not experienced any noticeable issues since coming online from the last prolonged outage. The site speed is actually faster at the moment than it had been previous to that.
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

I'm not getting emails either, Jeho. And neither is Dan. @Questions for Catspaw

I'm with Countess though, the ToO is very slow to load each page. I just timed it, and it took 20 seconds for a page of the ToO to load (this page, in fact). It's not my internet; the SS, and every other internet site, loads at a fast speed, while 20 seconds is very slow. =/
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

It's that way for Penguin as well.. It's hard for him to come on here because of that.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Hmm, the ToO hasn't been loading slowly for me later. It did when I first became an admin/mod though, which could have just been the overall problem with the ToO at the time. What browser do you guys use?
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
Countess

Post by Countess »

I use Google Chrome.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I use Chrome as well
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

It could just be a problem with Chrome and The ToO. I use Firefox and there isn't a problem.
My online family
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I use Safari and Firefox and I've had no trouble. I sympathize, I've had the slow loading times and it is no fun at all.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Jehoshaphat wrote:It could just be a problem with Chrome and The ToO. I use Firefox and there isn't a problem.
I'm not sure about that because I can traverse the ToO quickly as a guest on chrome.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Am I correct in observing that the only people reporting slow speeds are current Council members who use Chrome? If that is the case then it would seem to be not an issue with the site itself, but an issue in how that particular browser is interacting with some aspect of the MCP.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

I use Chrome, and it's loading fine for me. :-k
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

And you don't have full access to the Moderator Control Panel. So it does appear to just be a particular administration feature Chrome is taking issue with, not the actual site. Which means there's probably nothing that can be done about it since the 'problem' might not even be on the ToO's end.