Raffle Partnership of Investment

Financial Schemes!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Raffle Partnership of Investment

Post by Moontide »

Now that the raffle has a minimum amount of money in the jackpot, the players of the raffle collectively make a profit. If only risk were lower, the raffle would be an investment.

Thus enter the Raffle Partnership of Investment (RPI), the first way to make money from money since the otter's stopped giving interest at their bank. The goal of the RPI is to smooth out return of the raffle, so that you can get usually get a small return on what you put in. By cooperating together, we can lower our risks while maintaining the same returns on average.

How to participate
  1. Buy the maximum number of allowed tickets. Currently this is 10 tickets which all together costs $50.
    Announce that you are participating this week in the RPI in this thread.
    If you win the raffle, evenly divide your winning among the members of the RPI who participated that week.
    You can invest in the RPI again as soon as the current raffle is over. This happens every Wednesday.

Risks

The risk of participating is losing all money invested with the RPI. The risk is determined by how much of the raffle tickets are controlled by RPI. For example, if the RPI controls 50% of the tickets in the raffle, then there is a risk of loosing all your money is 50%; however, if the RPI does win that week, then you will more than double your money because the RPI will divide all money of the raffle among just its members. If the RPI controls 90% of the tickets, then there is only a 10% risk of losing your investment; however, there are lower returns in that case.

Do not invest money that you aren't willing to lose.

FAQ
Are you affiliated with the International Paperclip Team? No, In spite being founded by a member of the International Paperclip Team, the RPI is neither endorsed nor approved by the the International Paperclip Team. I thought of this idea after Bren added a minimum amount of money to the jackpot.
You are defeating the point of the raffle The only way the RPI affects ToOers who are not participating in the RPI is by raising the number of tickets and jackpots. You are free not to join RPI if you prefer great risks and great rewards.
Why do I have to buy the maximum number of tickets? We only allow people to invest the same amount with the RPI to make calculating returns easier for the person who wins to distribute the cash. If people invested different amounts, then the winner would have to handle different returns instead of just splitting it up evenly.
Help, I lost all my money! Sorry, but investing is risky. If you don't want to risk losing money, don't participate in the RPI. If you need that money for something, don't invest with the RPI.
Why the maximum number of tickets? Why not a smaller amount? By buying up a large amount of tickets, the RPI will lower risks. The RPI seeks to control most of the tickets, so that the returns to members of the RPI are low.

This week I am participating in the RPI, and have bought my 10 tickets.
this is my sig, but it is not attached by default, because I think I am too good for a signature all the time, or something. (More likely something).
I am totally not a sockpuppet of Marvin D.
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

Wait, so I got confused in there. If we want to participate in the raffle, but don't want to distribute our winnings after we win... then what?
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

Wait, so I got confused in there. If we want to participate in the raffle, but don't want to distribute our winnings after we win... then what?
Then you just continue playing as normal, and ignore this thread.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Wow. I'm glad you linked this. I can't believe I didn't see it before.

I'd be willing to participate occasionally, is anyone else interested?
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

I am willing to participate, and I have bought my 10 tickets.