How do you read the ToO?

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Moontide
No way I broke the window

How do you read the ToO?

Post by Moontide »

I want to know how you read the ToO. I go through each forum with new posts and open each unread thread up in a new tab. Then I at least skim each post. (The actually possess is less orderly than what is describe here, but the description is the basic process.) Often, in the padding room, I will attempt to reply to several threads at the same time, and I am blocked by the at flood timer. In that case, those tabs just stay open until I get back to them. I normally browse the web with around ~20 tabs.

What is your possess for reading the ToO?
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I usually have one tab open for the ToO that I leave up most of the day (on my laptop).

I first go to "view your posts" and check on any new replies in threads I'm following. Then I go to the index and see if there are any new threads (and refresh occasionally throughout the day). Annnd that's about it. I don't normally check out individual forums, although I do when I'm bored and haven't seen anything new on the index in a while.

But that is interesting, Moodtide. I didn't know you browsed the ToO so thoroughly.
Last edited by snubs on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I go through each forum with unread posts, read the threads I want, and then select the option to mark everything else as read. I do this whether I'm on my phone or computer. I usually only have one tab open with the ToO
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Usually I look at what went on in threads that concern me and mark all read when I'm done.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

I might read any announcements on the Board index first. I have the "active topics" link bookmarked, and I'll go through posts there I want to read though the past 7 days. Then I'll mark all topics read when I'm done.
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

I used to use "active topics". But on the theme I use now there is an "unread posts" option so I look there to see what I want to read and open each on a different tab then mark the rest as read and that's it.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Countess
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Countess »

I'm the person who enters, clicks on whatever is red and looks appealing, goes out of one forum, comes back, and if things slow down, opens up a bunch of tabs. It's a mess and I still get lost. BUT, I get through it. :mrgreen:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

View new posts, then whatever's on the front page.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I open the forums I'm interested in and check what threads have new posts from there. I've never used the "show new posts" section or whatever; I don't trust it to show everything. If I'm in the forum I can make sure I'm seeing all activity there is and select what threads I want to. It's the only way to be sure I don't miss something.