Paperclip's Photo Extravaganza

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Paula
insert dash here

Paperclip's Photo Extravaganza

Post by Paula »

“To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.” -Elliott Erwitt
\:D/ The Photo Contest is finally here!! And with the last month of Summer remaining, let's make this week one of fun and creativity \:D/

What You Need To Know...
Each day I will provide for y'all two keywords that you can capture in two separate photos. There will be a first place winner and a second place winner per keyword every day(See point and reward system below). I will be looking for artistic expression and creativity in the winning photo's. You will have exactly 24 hours to capture your photo and upload it in this thread.
Quick Facts...

-Time slots for all the rounds will be from 11am-11pm(CST)*, excluding the first round which starts today and ends on August 1st at the appointed deadline
-The contest starts as of today and ends on the 7th (The winners will be announced on the 8th)
-The winners for each keyword will be announced the following day
-Feel free to capture one keyword. You're not required to do both :anxious:
-Pictures taken in the past will be accepted
-You may only enter one photo per keyword

*The time slots have been adjusted so that y'all will have 24 hours to take and upload your photos. So the starting time(when I announce the winners and the new keywords) will become the deadline the following day.

Points And Prizes!!
As I mentioned earlier, there will be First and Second place winners per keyword every day!

First Place
will earn: 2 points and $50 ToO dollars

Second Place will earn: 1 point and $25 ToO dollars

And finally...The top three users with the most points in the end will be rewarded with the assigned amounts of ToO moneyz!

Grand Prize total: $1,000 in ToO dollars

Second AA total: $500 in ToO dollars

Third AA total: $250 in ToO dollars

Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

How many prompts do you have? (How many days will this be?) I want to do as many as I can, but if there's a new one every 24 hours I don't know. I can't upload from my phone, so weekend rounds aren't going to be a possibility.
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

bookworm wrote:How many prompts do you have? (How many days will this be?) I want to do as many as I can, but if there's a new one every 24 hours I don't know. I can't upload from my phone, so weekend rounds aren't going to be a possibility.
There will be 7 days of keywords(August 1st-August 7th), and the contest technically starts on Monday. Ah, okay...Four days out of seven are on weekdays...But I'll see if I can figure something out for you.
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh actually, I just realized that due to unusual circumstances next weekend I should be able to stop by a computer without making an out of the way trip both days. So it should be fine as long as I check the prompts beforehand so I bring the photos I want in with me to upload. :)
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Oh okay! Glad everything works out \:D/
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I'll have my entry for these prompts up Monday \:D/
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Hey everyone! So I realized my mistake in saying that y'all will have 24 hours to complete the keywords, but in actuality you'll only have 12 hours. Is that still okay or would any of you want me to adjust the deadlines and such?
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I just realized that as well. 12 hours still works for me, as long as you are timely in revealing the next prompts each day. I'm assuming they are posted at the 11am opening of the round.
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Yep most likely 11 or possibly earlier...Whenever I make the post (it will always be before or at 11am) announcing the new keywords/the winners, that will be your starting point so you don't have to wait till 11 to upload and such.
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Sky:
Glass:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

12 hours is a bit short..

Sky:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Yeah I know it is...So how about this: I'll make the post in the morning(sometime before 11) and then the deadline will be exactly 24 hours from then. So basically the deadline will also be the time when I post the winners and the new keywords. Does that sound good?

ETA: I'm extending the deadline to 10am (CST) tomorrow (August 2nd)
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Whatever you want to do with future deadlines is fine, but I don't think this one needs extended. At 11pm we'll have had 57 hours for it.
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

That's a good point >_> I'll leave the deadline how it was originally set.
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Running events is hard :p
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Yeeaahh...I may or may not be starting to realize that #-o
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

You're doing just fine, Paula! =) And that sounds very good. :yes: That's actually how I thought it was going to be originally. =p
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Awe! Thanks snubs ^_^

Day 1 Results...

Sky:
First Place Goes To...
snubs!
Second Place:
bookworm!
Glass:
First Place Goes To...
bookworm!
Your Day 2 keywords are:
Water/Door
Deadline is Wednesday, August 3rd at 11AM (CST)
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Water:
Door:
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Day 2 Results...

Water/Door
First Place:
bookworm!
That door is pretty artsy :D
Your Day 3 keywords are:
B&W/Food
Deadline is Thursday, August 4th at 11AM (CST)
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin