Monthly Prayer Meetings in the Chatroom

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Monthly Prayer Meetings in the Chatroom

Post by bookworm »

For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. ~ Matthew 18:20

Image| #prayer | 9pm Eastern | 8pm Central | 7pm Mountain | 6pm Pacific | 1st of every month |

One of the special things about having this close Christian community is the opportunity to comfort and strengthen each other spiritually, so to take advantage of it there is a prayer meeting held in the Chatroom every month for anyone who wishes to attend. People can give any special prayer requests they have, specific or general, in a more private and comfortable setting than just posting to the board, and know that there are people right then and there joining their prayers to it. If you don't have a request to share you are welcome to just be there in support. It is a private, respectful time. Anything shared should not be brought outside the meeting unless the person is okay with it. Everyone should be comfortable being as open as they want to be, but they don't have to be, it's perfectly fine to just ask for general prayer as well.

We meet in #prayer on the first day of every month. If you want to attend but aren't sure you'll remember please PM me to be added to a mailing list to receive a PM reminder when the next meeting is approaching. If you aren't able to attend one of the meetings but have a prayer request you want shared that month you can PM it to me and I will relay it for you.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Looks good, bookworm. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

How long do they last?
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

I think the last one was a little under an hour if I remember right.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Lizzy88 wrote:How long do they last?
It depends entirely on how many people are there and how many have requests they want to share, but unless there's a massive turnout I wouldn't expect it to go past an hour and a half at most. Last month there were quite a few people there and it went only a few minutes past an hour.
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

bookworm wrote:
Lizzy88 wrote:How long do they last?
It depends entirely on how many people are there and how many have requests they want to share, but unless there's a massive turnout I wouldn't expect it to go past an hour and a half at most. Last month there were quite a few people there and it went only a few minutes past an hour.
Thanks! Unfortunately I will be unable to get "on" until around 9:30 PM Oklahoma time, but maybe I'll catch some stragglers. :)
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I unfortunately won't be able to make it. Thanks for putting it together bookworm!
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This is a reminder that these meetings are still happening if you've forgotten or are new and weren't aware.

It has truly had an impact on me personally to experience these times of community prayer, it's a wonderful thing. This is something I look forward to every month as a source of comfort and support through whatever I am dealing with. I encourage you to attend as many as you are able in the coming new year. Life's struggles, large and small, are less daunting when you take them to God with friends.

The next meeting is on January 1st.
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

I am glad its still going on again. I forgot for awhile but I plan to be at the next one. Thanks for doing this, Bookworm.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Another reminder, if you've forgotten or are new here and weren't aware, that these meetings are still being held every month. As we prepare to begin a new year I encourage you to attend if you are able. The next meeting is tomorrow night.

Remember that you can PM me to be added to a mailing list if you want reminders about the next upcoming meeting, or if you can't be at the meeting but you would like a prayer request to be shared on your behalf.
AioFan7
Not as new

Post by AioFan7 »

Cool! I might pop in when I can! I love going to the chat room!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This is another reminder of this wonderful opportunity for community prayer and support for anyone who needs it. The next meeting is tomorrow night.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bookworm and I had a great time of prayer together on February 1. Mark next month on your calendar if you can! :D
KnittingFun14
Processing
Post by KnittingFun14 »

I was planning on joining then but it totally slipped my mind and I only remembered late that night. ](*,) This time I have my calendar marked :D
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sounds great, KnittingFun! No matter how many or how few people should up, it's always a blessing.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I was able to join tonight, I forgot how special these meetings can be.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This is an invitation to start 2022 off in prayer with friends by joining our first meeting of the new year tomorrow evening.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for being the prayer meeting organizer and facilitator, bookworm! I hope more people can join us in February.