355: The Search For Whit

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Rate the Episode

5 Stars
84%
4 Stars
13%
3 Stars
3%
2 Stars
No votes
1 Star
No votes

Total votes: 31

g-r-a-c-e
Not as new

Post by g-r-a-c-e »

well... The mortal coil is sad, and scary! I listen to odyssy at night, sometimes, so, ,if i listen to that! i get nightmeres...but I listen to it, anyway O:)

well thats my thoughts anyway! mine is the wierdest, I bet!! whatever!

post--
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

Has anyone noticed how similar this episode is to The Da Vinci Code? There's a frantic chase across several contries, a shocking secret that could undermine the Bible and the Christian Faith, double-crossings, and crazy codes. I know this was written seven years before, but it makes the episode quite relavent to today's time. I guess the episode owes more to Indianna Jones, though, and other thrillers of that genre. (Cross of Cortez probably has more paralles to Indy, though, especially to "The Last Crusade")
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

I've always wondered after that show how Whit could make any kind of successful "run for it" with him being built the way he is shown in all of the pictures. He is a little overweight for outrunning helicopters and all that.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whit may be a tad overweight, but that doesn't mean that he isn't in somewhat decent shape. He spent a while doing archeological work in the area, and he walked around a lot doing so, I'm sure. Also, with bad guys so close, the adrenaline boost likely would have given him what he would need to get to safety.
gracie07
Not as new

Post by gracie07 »

this series is AMAZING it has to be one of my all time favs
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

*thread merged*

I personally thought it was pretty good. I loved trying to figure out How I Do Is Nothing Great. I also loved Jason in this episode! He was great. (he always is) I also thought that it showed that we can't always trust man but we can always trust God. I also loved that it brought Whit back! Where would I be without Whit?

Anyway..... Post what you think!
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

This is a favourite of mine. :)
The adventure ones usually are, as well as the parodies, since I grew up on Indiana Jones, it holds a special place in my heart.

The action and suspense moved a little quickly than I would like, though there was quite a lot going on in these episodes. Jason's encounter with Tasha, or encounters I should say, shed light on his past, which is nice. I'm not crazy about Tasha, though believe the chemistry between her and Jason was entertaining. And it definitely helped to develop his character. Basically, Jason was at his Jason-ist point in The Search For Whit. He was reckless, excitable, witty, and so very adorable. :D It seems as if this was before the worst of his career...

Eugene was obviously impressionable, being a new believer around more dangerous people and tossed into a mystery that could damage his faith. His worried, timid attitude was expected, and I think the plot almost surrounded his story the most. Speaking of which, I just absolutely loved the scene in the elevator with Whit. In that moment, we were all Eugene. :)

I think what has always bothered me, is that Jason didn't get that Whit's message was simply being played backwards. I solved it first when I was six and I was like, really Jason?

The message I liked. About holding to Faith no matter what anyone else is doing, it's an important message for all believers. Another thing was the jokes that went over my head when I was younger. :lol: Shout out to the writers for such a classic.
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

Thanks for commenting! Thats great! I am glad you like it so much!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Thanks for commenting. The Search for Whit is one of my favorites.:D
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

This is one of my favourite episodes, and I still find the stuff with the bones a little creepy! :bolt:

Kathy, I also liked figuring out How I Do Is Nothing Great. \:D/ I have quoted several lines from this episode repeatedly to family and friends...mostly just those who recognize them, but maybe not always. ;)