Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

RIP Steve :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Today was a regular kind of day. I went to work, ran a few errands afterwards, and then stopped by the library, where I proceeded to hand the librarian my Visa card instead of my library card. :anxious: Oops! I realized it just as I was handing it to her. Apparently my brain was ready for the weekend already. ;)
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

My family is getting our Christmas tree today. \:D/
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I have a 10 page essay to write and it's haunting me everyday D:
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

I need to do school but, I am really procrastinating it! ;) Lol! I am also thinking of quitting doing school where I am at currently. Its not working well at all! I am excited about Christmas though! YAY! *Throws tinsel everywhere* *gives everyone candy canes*
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Finals are in two weeks. :panic:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've had a cold this week and I feel way too busy.

That said, Tea Ess reminded me that at least I don't have any exams to write anymore! \:D/
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

I'm sorry to hear that, Catspaw. :( I hope you get better soon.

Soon I won't have any more college exams either, so I guess I can't complain too much. \:D/
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I'm still gonna have to take college exams after these D:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Tea Ess wrote:I'm sorry to hear that, Catspaw. :( I hope you get better soon.

Soon I won't have any more college exams either, so I guess I can't complain too much. \:D/
Thanks, Tea Ess. I actually do feel a little better today!

My sister's husband is away for a few days on a business trip, so I went to visit her after work today for some sister time! It was nice to have a chance to visit. She lives an hour away, so we don't get to do that as much as we would like.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Let's see, where to begin...
School will be done in a couple of weeks, so I'm doing quite a bit of homework for that.

I quit working at the lawn care company the first week of November and started working at Jimmy John's. (I know, quite a switch right?)

Oh but I'm going to be quitting that job soon to work at a tire shop. Lord willing, I'll be there for a lengthy period of time instead just a few months!
Last edited by Old Brad on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

paper due tomorrow.

starting now.

oops.

\:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, Brad, you sound busy! I hope you enjoy your new job, and then your new job after that!

Marvin, you are making me not miss being in university at all! \:D/ Hey, at least you started in the afternoon instead of the evening!

I helped in the three-year-old room at church this morning, which was mostly fun. We had our busy moments but I do love being with the kids! Playdough is a lifesaver. ;) This evening there was a prayer event, so that was a really great way to end the day!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Penguin wrote:I have a 10 page essay to write and it's haunting me everyday D:
I did two of those my senior year of high school. The first one was really boring. The second one was really easy because it was all about me! I read it now and go "man how I have changed".

I'm settling into my new apartment in Denver, CO and cuddling my cats. I start a new nursing position on Monday with blood and marrow transplant patients and I am SO SO EXCITED! Once there isn't any snow, I hope to explore and hike a lot. I know Colorado Springs is just down south, so maybe I can get info on the Blackgaard Chronicles Books ;) Man I wish. But it is nice to finally be back in a blue state. Living in North Dakota was brutal politically.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Congratulations on your new position, Danielle! \:D/
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:But it is nice to finally be back in a blue state. Living in North Dakota was brutal politically.
Yeah, I'm moving from Indiana to Michigan, and I'm quite excited for the political change. Even though it leaned red during the election, it's considerably more blue than Indiana is.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hey Danielle, congratulations on your new job! :D I hope you enjoy it!

So. Much. Snow. :mad: But at least I don't have to be the one shoveling it. ;)
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Catspaw wrote:So. Much. Snow. :mad: But at least I don't have to be the one shoveling it. ;)
I never get snow. :( But I don't like the cold either so I'm good. :P

In other news, I finished my essay! :D It ended up not needing to be 10 pages so I didn't go all the way to 10 pages. :P I also got a 75 in my last test before the final in one of my classes. :( It's fine though because the lowest test grade is dropped. :wacky: Still wounds me to see a 75 :( I also finished a course project today so now I have no more assignments this semester! \:D/ I just need to study for my finals and ace them.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I haven't done an update in forever.

I finally got a new job at a Casey's General Store (gas station). I've been there almost 4 months and love it. Casey's has a kitchen so we sell pizza, donuts, salads, cookies, brownies :inlove:, fudge (during holidays), hot wings, and much more. It feels like an extended family to me. I run the cash register, make coffee, clean the store, and stock the cooler/shelves.

I also got my first apartment over the weekend and Im settling in nicely
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hey Penguin, congrats on finishing your essay! It sounds like you're working hard and doing well with your classes!

Bren, that's awesome! :D I'm glad that you're enjoying your job so much and that you got an apartment. Very exciting! \:D/
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

I have a cold again. I keep on getting sick lately. AHHHHHhhhh I hate colds. I get behind in school.