What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I'm reading A Wrinkle in Time.

Hope to read "Born a Crime" by Trevor Noah as soon as I finish A Wrinkle in Time.

I sadly cannot read more than one book at a time now. It is sooo frustrating. I have like, eight books started, but can't seem to finish them -_-
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I really need to read "A Wrinkle in Time" one of these days. :anxious: I know it's supposed to be so good, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm reading "With All My Heart," a collection of five novellas. The first one is by Karen Witemeyer, and I really love her books, so I'm enjoying it so far. The novella is connected to her novel "Full Steam Ahead," which is quite nice!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Research Methodology - Ranjit Kumar

:(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

I just read Sabrina by Lori Wick. I LOVED IT! It is one of my favorite books. But then again I love ALL books
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Cherished Quilt by Amy Clipston, it was excellent!! The problem for me now is that I have to wait until May of next year to read the fourth book. :( Up next for me is Secrets of a Charmed Life by Susan Meissner. This one is a contemporary/historical which I really enjoy.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh Laurie, I feel your pain! It's hard to wait for a new book in a series that you're really enjoying! :mad:

I'm reading "Lady of Conquest" by Tamara Leigh, and it's quite enjoyable so far. I enjoy historical fiction, and this one is set way back in 1068, which is not a time period that I have read much about!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Catspaw wrote:Oh Laurie, I feel your pain! It's hard to wait for a new book in a series that you're really enjoying! :mad:
It is hard to wait but I just read too fast. I finished Secrets of a Charmed Life, very good. Up next for me is Not by Sight by Kate Breslin. First time reading this author so we shall see.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I hope the new author worked out!

I just read "Kidnapped at Christmas" by Maggie K. Black. It was quite good! It was an interesting mystery with characters that I connected to and thought were very well done, but on the shorter side (a bit over 200 pages), which is just what I wanted. I like to read longer, more detailed stories sometimes, but tonight I was looking for something shorter. This is the second book I've read by this author, and I would definitely read more! I might be a little biased, because I really like that her books (at least the two that I've read) take place in Canada. \:D/ Both have been in Ontario so far.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am now reading The Reluctant Heiress by Roseanna M. White.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I started "Told You Twice" by Kristen Heitzmann yesterday. I really loved "Told You So," the first book in her Told You series, so I was really happy to get the second book! I need to read it soon, because I have a couple of friends waiting to read it! It's really good so far.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

I'm reading through Peter Pan currently, it's been a while since I've read it, and I don't remember it being so strange. Yet it still as a charming story. :)
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Reluctant Duchess, very good. Roseanna White is a new favorite of mine. Up next is Waves of Mercy by Lynn Austin, another favorite of mine.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

GJFH wrote:I'm reading through Peter Pan currently, it's been a while since I've read it, and I don't remember it being so strange. Yet it still as a charming story. :)

WHOOP WHOOP. It's a very silly book. I love reading it. I read certain parts out loud because of how silly it is. =D You have to have a certain sense of humor to like this book.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've been meaning to read through Peter Pan soon, and even bought a used copy at a used book sale a while ago. I guess this is my reminder to actually read it!

I read "The Captive Heart" by Michelle Griep today. It was a great read! Very interesting and a well-done historical novel that felt true to the time period while keeping things accessible. It takes place in South Carolina in 1770. i definitely recommend it!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Waves of Mercy, excellent book. I must confess that I was a little disappointed with the ending but it's still a wonderful read. Up next is A Son's Vow by Shelley Shepard Gray. It is the first book in her Charmed Amish Life trilogy.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I just finished "Cold Shot" by Dani Pettrey. A coworker was looking for a book recommendation for something we could both read and talk about, so I suggested this one. It was quite good, though not quite awesome. I don't really like the third person "bad guy thoughts" style that she has, but other than that I enjoyed it, and the story was quite interesting.
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

I just read "The Chance" by Karen Kingsbury. It was great! :D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I have a friend who really liked that one too, Kathy!

I started reading "The Inheritance" by Tamera Alexander. I've read it before, but not recently. I was looking for it a while ago at the library but it was always out, and I have lots of other books to read so I didn't bother to reserve it. I had almost forgotten about it when I was in the library and saw it sitting there on the shelf, just waiting for me! \:D/
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I'm currently reading "Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer" by John Grisham. I've been meaning to read it since I was actually in the target age range, and I'm finally getting around to it now. It's a fun read. :)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Son's Vow, excellent book. Up next for me is Always Watching by Lynette Eason, first time reading her books.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.