Odyssey Manicupal Front

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Dredge
Classic

Odyssey Manicupal Front

Post by Dredge »

Announcing the Odyssey Manicupal Front!

The Odyssey Manicupal Front is dedicated to promoting The ToO’s successful policies and opposing policies that just don’t work. We will hold elections for party leader, party vice president, and party treasurer every 3 months.

We also will finance and organize events for our promoted campaigns as well!

We have a deep-seeded love for the ToO. The Manicupal Front understands the important parts of community, and that allows us to celebrate site leadership’s acheivements and be a helping hand to mourn their losses.

It’s time that we came around our common understanding that while how we communicate changes how we work, there’s more to it than that. How we work together is something that changes how we live!

As acting party leader, I can confirm that we are accepting applications for points-paying positions, as well as a new party leader, so I can abdicate. PM me if interested! The deadline is February 4th, 2017!
Attachments
Logo
Logo
download.png (4.25 KiB) Viewed 4558 times
Last edited by Dredge on Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

what.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Is the Manicupal physically mature?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

The Manicupal Front can confirm that we have in fact a candidate for party leader! His name shall be placed onthe ballot immediately!

@Woody the allegations made by one Neitchze-quoting Internet troll who commands neither my respect nor my care, are not to be taken seriously by the general public.
Last edited by Dredge on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Amerigo Primero wrote: @Woody the allegations made by one Neitchze-quoting Internet troll who commands neither my respect nor my care, are not to be taken seriously by the general public.
Wait, he's the internet troll?
Last edited by SirWhit on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Well, come to think of it, no, he does not make fake campaigns to ridicule those he disagrees with politically and keeps the avatar from those campaigns for months later. You have a point there....
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

I'm so sorry my avatar offends you, however, I believe in the right to free speech, so I will not be changing it, regardless of whether or not it triggers you. Incidentally, I do think that making the ToO a great, quality message board is an admirable goal.
Last edited by SirWhit on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

SirWhit wrote:I'm so sorry my avatar offends you, however, I believe in the right to free speech, so I will not be changing it, regardless of whether or not it triggers you. Incidentally, I do think that making the ToO a great, quality message board is an admirable goal.
I did not, in fact, ask you to change your avatar. I just pointed out that the said avatar could be deemed "trolling" the president-elect. I am not, however, sorry my view of John Chrysostom offends you. That will not change either.
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

Amerigo Primero wrote:
SirWhit wrote:I'm so sorry my avatar offends you, however, I believe in the right to free speech, so I will not be changing it, regardless of whether or not it triggers you. Incidentally, I do think that making the ToO a great, quality message board is an admirable goal.
I did not, in fact, ask you to change your avatar. I just pointed out that the said avatar could be deemed "trolling" the president-elect. I am not, however, sorry my view of John Chrysostom offends you. That will not change either.
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Like, whatever man.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Amerigo Primero wrote:
For the record, I was not referring to you and War Doctor's exchange in the Republican/Democrat thread (though I can see how you would think that). Rather, I was responding to the misspelling of "Municipal" with a long-standing ToO joke: the phrase "physical maturity". This joke was started during the Fourteenth Town of Odyssey Election, when American Eagle and Irwin (both young, newish members at the time) were running as Team Stapler. Some questioned their maturity and, therefore, their capability to run the board. AE responded to these allegations with this post, which sparked a series of jokes about AE's physical maturity. The phrase lives on to this day as an inside joke amongst ToOers.

And there is your ToO history lesson for the day, folks.

DISCLAIMER: bookworm, if I got some facts wrong, remember this was long before my time. *hides*
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Woody wrote:Is the Manicupal physically mature?
Amerigo Primero wrote:the allegations made by one Neitchze-quoting Internet troll who commands neither my respect nor my care, are not to be taken seriously by the general public.
Failure to recognize employment of one of the most famous ToO memes makes me sad. :( And fairly surprised. I would have thought people would be aware of this one even if they haven't done much digging into our past. I have a writeup on it already prepared as part of a larger presentation that will come together eventually, but Woody pretty much said everything in it so no need to repeat.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

I also want to say that if anyone has questions, concerns, or thoughts--- if you have an opinion that it wouldn't be appropriate to say in public, I promise you that if you PM your concerns to me, I will respect those concerns. It will also be confidential!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Reuelist wrote:I also want to say that if anyone has questions, concerns, or thoughts--- if you have an opinion that it wouldn't be appropriate to say in public, I promise you that if you PM your concerns to me, I will respect those concerns. It will also be confidential!
I have a concern. You didn't get Woody's reference, so I don't think I can trust you.
he/him | a little stinker.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

To fundraise, I will be hosting Grill Dredge! Where you can grill me on my views for $25 per person. Please send the money directly to me! A time and date will be set with big donors. OR it will be the 2nd Sunday in February, at 5 p.m.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Reuelist wrote:To fundraise, I will be hosting Grill Dredge! Where you can grill me on my views for $25 per person. Please send the money directly to me! A time and date will be set with big donors. OR it will be the 2nd Sunday in February, at 5 p.m.
literally.
Attachments
grill.jpg
he/him | a little stinker.