Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Congrats Anna!!!! Graduating college is such an exciting thing. I was so relieved when I got out from under the weight of books and started actually being a working member of society. And I swore up and down I would never go back to school, but I am debating whether I want to get my Masters in Nursing Education one day. Wouldn't start until 2018, but man, who knew boredom could do this to me... go back to school.....

Mostly I'm just settled in Denver. My mom was in town for a nursing conference, so we went to central Colorado for a couple of days. It was awesome. Drove through Colorado Springs ;) I'll go back in June with my parents, we want to see Pike's Peak when you can actually, ya know, get to the summit. There is still snow in April. But only 4.5 miles of the actual road was closed off on Tuesday (of the whole 19 miles). Not too bad for this time of year. We haven't had nearly enough snow in Colorado this year. Global warming/climate change is scary.

Otherwise I'm just making my own little life here in Denver and working with fabulous patients as a Bone Marrow Transplant nurse!
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

Congratulations Ann that is quite the accomplishment!

HAPPY EASTER TO MY SECOND FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Today I filled and hide 35 eggs for my little sisters. :shock: *faints*
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Congratulations, Anna! :bouncy: That's wonderful news!
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Thanks everyone! :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Today I had a good meeting day at work (I work with some really great people!) and then I had a pretty relaxing evening, so that was nice. I ran a few errands for work yesterday, and another one today, but nothing too stressful. I'm hoping to sleep in tomorrow! :D I like Saturdays.
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

Awesome Catspaw!!! Dont we all?

School is as stressful as always. I have been applying for several jobs lately. I cant wait to see what happens!
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

I just completed my busy day of performing. I had a guild audition this morning where another piano teacher assessed my play of 7 memorized pieces. Then tonight I had my first piano recital. I was super worried about them but I survived with a whole lot of prayer. It was fun. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Let us know how the job hunt goes, Kathy! I remember the un-fun days of filling out applications looking for my first job (way back in the olden days.) ;)

Isaiah, that sounds amazing! Wow, you must have been working really hard to get ready for something like that. I'm glad it went well!

It's been a long week, so it was nice to go to a used book sale with a couple of friends this evening after work, but it was also really nice to get home! :D
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

One of my sisters got married today! \:D/ It was outside in a super nice garden/park thing, and it was totally gorgeous... and it was also humid and 90 degrees. I think it was record-breaking heat for the area or something.

It was nice to get almost all the family together. My niece was the flower girl, but she's only three and forgot to throw any petals. Oh well. She's cute. :p I have cousins who just turned four and I don't get to see them that often, so it was a lot of fun to see them, too. When the bride and groom had their first dance, one of my cousins whispered, "Now are they going to be best friends forever?" :inlove:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's awesome! Congrats, Petrichor. :D It sounds like a special day. Little kids are so funny! :lol:

I spend a decent chunk of my day watching playoff hockey and reading, so basically it was the perfect day!
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

O_O I WAS JUST LISTENING TO MISTAKEN FOR GOOD (AiO Ep) WHEN JAY GIVES MS. WILSON YELLOW SOCKS WHEN I NOTICED THAT THE MONEY IS YELLOW SOCK!!!! O_O *turns off caps*
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, fun, Kathy! :lol:

I had a nice evening at my best friend's house today. It's always nice to get to catch up!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've been quite busy lately....I had a baby last week! Yay! \:D/ It's been amazing having a "normal" experience with birth and newborn-ness after last time. My older boy has been fascinated with this new kid, and likes to try to slap his head. Ha!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

Awwwww he's so cute ^_^
Congrats Laura \:D/
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

He is very handsome, congratulations Laura!!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh my goodness, just yesterday I was thinking that it had been a while since Laura had posted and I was thinking I should PM her....and now today I see why it had been a little while. ;)

Congratulations, Laura! :hug: I am so happy for you guys! What an adorable picture. I'm glad that things went so much better this time!
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Awwww. Congratulations Laura, on your baby boy. He's precious. :inlove:
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

We demand more pictures! :demonstration: (Unless you're too busy watching hockey or have another worthwhile reason...none of these flimsy "I'm raising two young children" kind of excuses.) :noway:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Thanks, everyone! :D

And if you absolutely insist, Catspaw...I'll try to come up with another picture. O:)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Captain Adorable is an excellent description of that sweet little face. :inlove: Thanks Laura. He's precious!