Urgent- Avery Awards Forecasting!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Mariogeek
Tallying up

Urgent- Avery Awards Forecasting!

Post by Mariogeek »

Hey guys, so all four of the responses to my independent survey have really made this thing hop... so what it is, is basically the same survey that they gave out for the Avery Awards except I can see the results, so that we are doing some election forecasting in hopes of finding out who wins the Avery Awards before it happens. So, I need you guys to take the survey at the link so that I can have more than four responses, including myself and my mother :mrgreen:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HTQHYWH

Thanks, guys. Here's the latest results below:
Avery Awards Forecasting
*Opening thriller news music*
Hey nerds! Following our continuous forecasting of the hot topic of the year, the Avery Awards, comes a new broadcast live to you in the television booth! To everyone else, this broadcast may be off a few hours.
Let’s take a look at the latest and greatest stats, brought in by all four of you viewers! Keep em’ coming, folks! This may rapidly and dramatically change until we find out the official results!
So far, Kimmy Robertson and Katie Leigh are struggling to catch up to the current leader for best actress, Shona Kennedy! Shona will most likely take away the trophy, according to previous research.
Jess Harnell and Andre Stojka are also tied, stuck behind the leader for best actor, Robby Bruce! According to research, there may be a stunning upset and Jess Harnell take the trophy, but Robby Bruce is still in the lead!
The contenders for Best Scene may end up being Wooton and Wellington playing good cop and bad cop, according to the numbers! It’s pretty close to call!
The song Some Little Corner of the World is by far taking the numbers! It’s going to win, no doubt, for the contending of Best Song!
And again, there’s no doubt that Connie the Counselor is going to win with best script, it’s leading with 75% of the vote!
The best comical pair of characters that are winning the polls are Wooton Bassett and Penny Wise! They will probably win the Averys, folks!
So far, in a surprising upset, the leader in the polls for Best Overall Episode is A Very Bassett Wedding! Considering it was the season finale of Album 61, and season finales have a tendency to win, it will probably win the Averys! If it doesn’t, Legacy still has a chance, being the other season finale!

So that’s it, nerds! Stay tuned since the REAL Avery Awards will probably be happening this Wednesday! Until then, this is Kungfunaomi reminding you to come in and nerd out at Odysseynerds!
*Dramatic thriller closing news music*

-- Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:37 pm --

Dun dun dun- the latest news!

Take the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HTQHYWH

*Opening news thriller music*
Hey nerds! We have a whole eight responses to our Avery Awards survey, so it's time to rub our hands in glee and see who's winning the Averys!
Last news update we informed you that Shona Kennedy was winning. Well, in a stunning upset, Katie Leigh is taking the crown!! Shona Kennedy still has a chance, she has 40% of the vote, and Katie has 50%. Kimmy Robertson has 10% and appears to be out of the race. 
Voters for the best actor seem to be divided, but Robby Bruce is taking the polls by storm. Andre Stojka may have a chance, but it's a slim one! 
Voters for the best scene, again, seem to be very divided. "Old Tricks, where Eugene and Katrina confront Buck" is taking 50% of the vote, however, the rest of the vote is evenly divided amongst Connie the Counselor and A Very Bassett Wedding. Old Tricks will probably win. 
Episodes with the best sound design- Legacy is winning by a slim margin! Old Tricks may yet win another award, though it's bouncing back and forth in the polls. 
The best song in Legacy- as we in the newsroom predicted- is voted to be Some Little Corner of the World, with 50% of a divided vote. You're The Apple of My Eye is in second with 25% of the vote, and the remaining 25% is divided amongst various songs. 
Again- the results for "Best Script" are being rather fickle, but Connie the Counselor is winning by a slim margin, with two episodes close behind. The polls are divided between Old Tricks and No Friend Like an Old Friend as a runner-up for second place. The tables may turn yet!
The votes for the Best Comical Pair of characters have shifted in favor of Connie and Eugene! In second place, a large margin behind, is Wooton and Penny Bassett. 
And the big finale and big news, folks! The award for Best Overall Episode in the polls is a tie! This may change at a breakneck pace, but 40% of the vote is for Old Tricks, and 40% is for A Very Bassett Wedding!! The Averys is coming up, folks, and we may just have to wait and see who wins if no one else takes the Odysseynerds survey! 
This was Kungfunaomi, coming to you live from my time, and off by about an hour-day for everybody else, and reminding you to come in and nerd out at Odysseynerds!

*Closing news thriller music*

-- Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:41 pm --

*Opening news thriller music*
Hey nerds! We have had quite a few more responses to the Odysseynerds Avery Awards survey, and now it’s time to tally up the results yet again and see who’s winning!!
First off, the Best Actress award is having a tough time of it. Katie Leigh was winning for a few precious moments, and then Shona Kennedy yet again shot ahead and is the leader. It’s going to be tough to call, but Shona has held first place pretty steadily, and may turn out to be the winner.
The award for Best Actor is no contest. Robby Bruce has taken the polls by storm, with 54% of the vote. The rest of the vote is divided between Atticus Shaffer, Andre Stojka, and Jess Harnell. Gregory Jbara as Wilson Knox has not received any votes.
The award for Best Scene is going to Old Tricks so far, as the scene where Buck was confronted about his deception is a fan favorite. However, the write-ins for Best Scene are rather diverse, and include the following:
“The Grass is Always Greener” when Olivia is trying to get her parents to celebrate her birthday early this year, so she can get new boots,
The wedding scene of “A Very Bassett Wedding”,
And the scene in “Old Tricks” where Eugene is talking to Buck in the garage.
The award for Best Sound Design has changed places again, this time Legacy parts 1 and 2 are in the limelight, the question is for how long.
The award for Best Song in Legacy is of course going to “Some Little Corner of the World”. It has shot ahead with 54% of the vote, and “You’re the Apple of My Eye” is in 2nd place with 27% of the vote.
In a stunning, surprising, INCONCIEVABLE upset of the polls, the winner of Best Script may end up being No Friend Like an Old Friend! It is currently tied for first place with Connie the Counselor, and Old Tricks and a Very Bassett Wedding are tied for second. The rest of the episodes are tied for third, with The Feud of Mason County and Parker For President eliminated, having received no votes.
The award for Best Comical Pair of Characters will go to Connie Kendall and Eugene Meltsner, simply because they are winning. However, Wooton and Wellington, and Wooton and Penny still have a fighting chance, and they may not give up without a fight.
The award for Best Overall Episode is also tied, (again I think…) between Old Tricks and A Very Bassett Wedding. The real Averys will have to settle this one, folks!!
Now we go through the comment feedback section. I was waiting until we had some substantial answers (most of the respondents chose to skip this section), and here are the responses:
Negative towards The Feud of Mason County. It was described as “random”, and “ridiculous”.
Positive responses towards a Very Bassett Wedding include that they “finally” got married, the fact that there were some “bumps in the road” with the episode, and that it overall was pretty good. However, the negative response is that Wooton and Penny had that talk that made them “get serious” and that was something the respondent “didn’t like”.
There were heavily positive responses to Old Tricks, especially the fact that Buck Oliver was in it. “I like the parts with Buck”. There were negative responses to The Key Suspect. “I hated the Morrey Rydell stuff”.
There were mixed positive and negative responses surrounding Legacy, particularly Buck and Jules. Some think they are perfect, others hate the match. There was also a positive response to Connie the Counselor. The responses weren’t very specific overall.
Well, that’s it nerds! Join us again after we get more responses, or if the real Avery Awards come out!! The suspense is rising! This is Kungfunaomi reminding you to come in and nerd out at Odysseynerds!!

“Closing news thriller music”
Last edited by Mariogeek on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yo