Canada's Sesquicentennial

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Canada's Sesquicentennial

Post by Catspaw »

It's Canada Day today, and we're celebrating 150 years! Woohoo! \:D/

I could have used 150 instead of sesquicentennial in the title, but I thought this sounded more intriguing. ;) It's also a very Canadian story for me of when I first became enamored with this amazing word. It was through a movie that was filmed in Canada and starred one of my favourite Canadian actors, Yannick Bisson (honestly, the main reason I watched the movie), but of course, in true Canadian fashion, the film took place in a small town in the US, and that town was celebrating it's sesquicentennial. Good times! :lol:

To my fellow Canadians, have a happy Canada Day. \:D/

To all others, most of you get to celebrate in a few days yourselves, so enjoy anyway. ;) You're welcome for insulin and snowmobiles!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Hoorayyy! \:D/

*celebrates with Catspaw and like one other person*
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

We do have quite a few Canadian members. Some of them have just abandoned us. :noway:

Also, I like how your avatar and post combine to make it look like that's you celebrating Canada Day. O:)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Alex Trebek wore his 150 ambassador jersey on Jeopardy and said Canadians and Americans should combine our celebrations into one big four day party. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, that would be quite the celebration! :lol: I do know people who live close to the border who go across to watch 4th of July fireworks, so I guess a few people informally kind of do that, but to officially do such a thing would be interesting!