Spider-Man Homecoming

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw the movie today and definitely enjoyed it! Lots of fun, decent story, a few surprises along the way. It's a very different story than I've seen before for Spiderman, which is a good thing. It's not just redoing the exact same thing, so I didn't find myself really making comparisons.

For people still planning to see it, stay until the very end of the credits. I really enjoyed the end clip for this movie! One of my personal favourites, I think. :inlove: (Though there may be other opinions on this matter.) ;)
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

Yeah, I agree with you
Resident JRPG nut
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Most likely not catching it in the theater since I still have yet to see Civil War and want to keep things in order, but it's on my schedule to check out sooner than later.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That reminds me, for people who have seen Civil War,
was anyone else really curious as to what happened with Tony and Pepper that it went from Tony all mopey about Pepper leaving him and her not being with him even in a professional capacity, to them being happy together professionally and personally, with rings getting tossed around? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining that they're happily together again, but there clearly is a big missing chunk of story there. I'm hoping it will get addressed in some way in a future film, since otherwise it seems a little too easy. I'm aware that I am more into the romance side of things than some Marvel viewers ;) so maybe not everybody was as interested in this as I was.
Parakeet

Post by Parakeet »

I just saw this movie on Friday, and I liked it a LOT. the beginning might be my favorite part. There was a lotttttt of language but other than that it was a great movie in my opinion. the soundtrack went with the scenes really well and it felt very realistic (most of the time). It caused me to laugh a lot, but that may be just me in general and the fact that it was late at night (we saw it at a drive-in theater) and I get giggly when I'm tired.
The whole Captain America thing didn't make sense to me at all, but apparently that's because I haven't seen the movie that explains that whole thing yet...?
Was anyone else surprised that Peter Parker is only 15!?
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Parakeet wrote:There was a lotttttt of language but other than that it was a great movie in my opinion.
I noticed that, too. Not necessarily worse than the typical PG-13 film, but both this and Guardians 2 seemed to have way more cursing/inappropriate language than previous entries in the MCU. I wouldn't want it to become a trend across the board, but while I would've enjoyed the movies just as much without it, the Guardians are a bunch of aliens and scoundrels and Andy Dwyers and Spider-man is full of teenagers, so it kind of "fits" those better than it would Thor or Cap.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Captain America 4 is going to be R for language to complete his character arc from Age of Ultron.

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I thought Aunt May's swearing was one of the best lines.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I thought this was really good. It was my first Spiderman movie so I don't have anything to compare it to in that regard, but as an MCU chapter it was solid. And I didn't find myself not connecting with anything because I didn't have previous Spiderman exposure, so that means it was done well as a first solo movie.

This was a good way to do the integration; rather than rehashing the beginning of the story yet again credit the audience to know enough of the important stuff in general to be able to pick it up midway. So we get not an origin story of the powers, but an introduction of the character. He's already been doing his thing around his city, now we're bringing him into our thing in the larger MCU world.

The Spiderman theme song during the Marvel logo was fun.
I did not see it coming at all that Liz's dad was the Vulture; when he opened the door I was like O.O
That gave the rest of the movie a whole new investment in wondering how everything was going to play out.
I like the Tom Holland casting, he did good as the street level superhero trying to work out his place in the bigger picture while balancing being a high school kid. And I bought him as a high school kid, which is the important part of the Spiderman character. He brings a different perspective to the whole hero thing, being a kid not one of the adults and dealing with regular life stuff alongside the hero stuff. I thought it all worked really well here.

I kept looking for a Mary Jane appearance but she never showed up, but then I wondered is the Michelle girl going to play that part in this version of the story? She said her friends call her 'MJ' that caught my attention.
Monty_Whittaker

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

My favorite MCU movie.
Resident JRPG nut