828: Friend Or Foe

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!
Mariogeek
Tallying up

828: Friend Or Foe

Post by Mariogeek »

This episode was phenomenal. You can read my review and the plot here: https://odysseynerds.wordpress.com/2017 ... nd-or-foe/

What did you guys think? I know some people say it's just a copy of Under the Influence but I disagree.
Yo
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

It's pretty good, however I still hate Valerie with a passion.
Resident JRPG nut
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

Ugh I'm listening to it right now and Valerie's voice is so cringey! Also it feels like a very unrealistic episode and I can see how it's related to Under the Influence. It also reminds me of Bad Company for some reason.... I'm not very impressed with the newer episodes but I still listen to see what they do with it.
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

And yet again, they get a new actress for Valerie. :boohoo: I like the one who played her in You're Two Kind and How to Sink a Sub the best.

This episode itself was pretty enjoyable.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Wow, what an interesting episode! This was giving extreme Erica and Aubrey vibes, but in a surprisingly acceptable retelling.
And even though Buck is explaining yet again how a con works, he is doing it so the victim has a chance to understand
and try to fix it herself. Man, how Buck has changed.

How does Connie know every kid that could possible be friends with Jules? Valerie sounds like the sort of person who w
ould never go to Whit's End. How old is Connie now? Why is she hanging out, or fully aware, of every high schooler out
there? Also, isn't it wrong to judge people based on a reputation? I realize of course that Jules is vulnerable due to her naivity, but for some reason it feels like (old) Whit would have phrased everything differently.

And man, I'm getting old. During every scene with both teenaged girls, they sound the same to me and I can't tell whic
h one is which.

4/5, wowsa!

Reacting to other reviews:
Wow, we've heard Valerie as a character before? I'm glad that wasn't important for this plot.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: