What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I've been reading a book of selections from Karl Barth once in a while. Also I'm thinking of reading Go Tell it on the Mountain by James Baldwin.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "Sagebrush Knights" by Erica Vetsch. It's light reading, but still good! I've been super busy and don't want to read anything too deep.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Deadly Proof, very good. I am now reading Rescue Me by Susan May Warren, it is the second book in her Montana Rescue series.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I really enjoyed Rescue Me! I hope you like it too and have access to book three as well, Laurie! :D

I am currently about to start "Healer" by Linda Windsor. It's one of those books that I've been meaning to read for a while and am just finally getting around to now!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Rescue Me last night, very good. Yes, I have book three in my pile. Up next for me is The Writing Desk by Rachel Hauck. It is a contemporary/historical which I always enjoy.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Excellent! Enjoy book three!

I'm about to read "Finding Father Christmas" by Robin Jones Gunn because I haven't read it in a long time and I just finally got to see the movie that Hallmark Channel made last year, and it was great! I know they changed some things, but I can't remember the book well enough to remember the details.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Currently reading A Secret Courage by Tricia Goyer. It is the first book in her London Chronicles trilogy/series. Very good so far.

While the ToO was down I finished:
The Writing Desk
Rachel Hauck
From the Start
Walker Family 1
Melissa Tagg
Love Bears All Things
Amish Secrets 2
Beth Wiseman
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whoa, you've been busy reading, Laurie! :D That's awesome!

I'm reading "Engaging Father Christmas" by Robin Jones Gunn. The movie is just airing tonight in the US and tomorrow night in Canada, so it's perfect timing!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have to have a book in my hands just about all of the time or I go crazy!! I am currently reading A Heart for Home by Lauraine Snelling, it is the third book in her Home to Blessing trilogy. Very good. Before that I read The Crown and the Crucible by Michael Phillips and Judith Pella, it is book one of their seven book series The Russians. Excellent. This series came out in the 90s but you can still find it online.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:14 am, edited 9 times in total.
Mariogeek
Tallying up

Post by Mariogeek »

I finished the Restoration Series by Terri Blackstock. 4 books: Last Light, Night Light, True Light, and Dawn's Light. The first one was really good, second one okay, the third was the worst, and the finale was pretty good. I really wish the romantic sideline plots were not so stretched out, it got really annoying. Really annoying. Other than that, the book is about a Christian family and how they survive when all power goes out... forever? Great concept, really done well in the first book and second book, after that it just gets really... urrrrrgh. The romantic storylines.
Yo
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Heart for Home, excellent. Ms. Snelling is one of my very favorite authors. Up next for me is An Inconvenient Beauty by Kristi Ann Hunter, the fourth and final book in her Hawthorne House series.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson. Delightful third book in The Stormlight Archive.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished An Inconvenient Beauty, excellent book. I'm sad to see that series end. I hope Ms. Hunter has another series on the way. Up next for me is Bread of Angels by Tessa Afshar.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Mariogeek wrote:I finished the Restoration Series by Terri Blackstock. 4 books: Last Light, Night Light, True Light, and Dawn's Light. The first one was really good, second one okay, the third was the worst, and the finale was pretty good. I really wish the romantic sideline plots were not so stretched out, it got really annoying. Really annoying. Other than that, the book is about a Christian family and how they survive when all power goes out... forever? Great concept, really done well in the first book and second book, after that it just gets really... urrrrrgh. The romantic storylines.
Ah! Another fan of Terri Blackstock! :D I haven't read that series yet but is sounds goood.

I did actually finish Shadow in Serenity, by her, and even though there was a bit of romance towards the end, I couldn't put the book down. I loved loved the main characters and their very unique personalities. :) Excellent story. I also finished The Case for Faith by Lee Strobel after over three months, and would definitely recommend. It was both gripping and informative and more importantly, I think it helped me with questions I had about faith and what a life of faith should look like.
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Bread of Angels by Tessa Afshar last night, excellent. I'm now reading Bringing Maggie Home by Kim Vogel Sawyer, very good so far.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

re-reading IT by Stephen King after so many years, classic :inlove:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My next book is "Troubled Waters" by Susan May Warren. It's the fourth book and newest book in the Montana Rescue series, and I'm really looking forward to reading it! On Christmas day I was saying that I had a brand new book that I wanted to read soon, and my brother-in-law jokingly said something about how the shark attack at the end was a big surprise, not knowing that this is a book that at least partly takes place on a boat in the ocean (based in the back) so if there actually is a shark attack... ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm currently reading You'll Think of Me by Robin Lee Hatcher. Very good. I'm 8 chapters away from finishing it.
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

I'm on the third book of the series Erec Rex. It's very good, sort of a mythological fantasy thing. A sort-of-friend introduced me to it, he says they only get better so I'm very excited.
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished You'll Think of Me today, very good. I am re reading Return by Karen Kingsbury. It is the third book in the Redemption series.