Avengers: Age of Ultron

Teaser Trailer Herein

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I saw this one a while back but never posted it seems.

I liked it. Don't have a lot to say about it or specific things to note really. Which seems to be the general consensus: perfectly fine but not spectacular. It's an effective set up to Civil War.

It's interesting, there's really not a ton to this movie, yet a lot of development comes out of it. The plot is just Tony makes a super AI, it goes rogue, they track it down and stop it, that's all that 'happens', but in the process of unfolding that plot Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are introduced, the world is expanded to Wakanda, there's character development of Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye, the initial fracture of the Avengers is started which will develop into Civil War, the infinity stones plot is advanced, and Vision is created.

Speaking of Vision, on the subject of that 'controversial' line: it's overreaction. The statement is benign. He was simply expressing his existence, unsure how to describe it because he's a new entity unexpectedly not either one that went into his creation. It's understandable people would read into it with all the other religious references in this movie, but I really don't think there's anything subversive here.